Booty : Shiny Black Dress

by jennine on April 23, 2007

A while back, Agathe from Style Bytes wrote about garbage bag dresses, and Kate Moss’ collection has the black lame dress, I’ve been coveting for about a month or so. When I saw this dress at Zara it was so exciting. It’s a bubble dress with a snake print, and it’s got a bit of stretch so it’s really comfortable. I’m layering it with a heather grey tank and army jacket to soften the look, perhaps I can wear it by the end of the week! But then again if Maret at Fashion &Art can wear latex tights and ride her bike, then I can casually wear this dress! (it wouldn’t be the most outrageous thing in my neighborhood. No, not by a long shot.)
: )

Zara Dress,$59.99.
Old Navy Tank, $7.50
Tights: H&M
Jacket: H&M

For more fashion musings visit:

Share and Enjoy:

{ 1 trackback }

Zara opening a can of trendy worms | THE COVETED
November 4, 2009 at 4:35 pm

1 covetous in cambridge April 23, 2007 at 6:38 am

that is such a great dress and look on you i almost had to lick my computer screen. i spied the lame one from the kate moss/topshop collab and am probably going to sharpen my elbows and see if i can snag one at barney’s next week.

2 rettchen April 24, 2007 at 4:06 pm

wow
it looks so great on you!!!
well. i’m on my way to zara…

3 Jennine April 24, 2007 at 4:46 pm

thank you! i really love the dress! i wore it out last night on a casual date… i guess that’s what you would call it, and the response was generally good. he remarked that we may not be ready for these kind of dresses in the states, and that’s ok, that makes me love it more. and thanks rettchen, you really inspired me to put it together in a way that works! : )

also covetous! they have the kate moss collection at barneys? wow…

4 C in C April 24, 2007 at 7:55 pm

yep! check it:

it’s not clear to me if it’s coming to every Barney’s or just the main NY store.

Also, you can buy from topshop online (they now ship to the US, not cheaply but oh well) when it debuts May 1 (8 pm on April 30, Pacific time).

5 Jennine April 24, 2007 at 9:24 pm

oh my god… that’s so cool! you are so on it! if you do get the dress… you’ll have to send a pic! sometimes i wish i lived in new york.
; )

6 C in C music factory April 24, 2007 at 10:09 pm

i wish i lived in ny too, especially since it’s mad sample sale season! but you are a lucky girl to be in SF - i’ve only been once but loved-loved-loved and came thisclose to going to grad school @ berkeley. i still have some buyer’s remorse about choosing a school in a frosty place where the de-facto uniform is north face and vera bradley. it seems like you work with stylish people (or atleast those who are into design and pretty things) which i bet has its blessings… and curses (?). my days are spent with brilliant academics who wear muumuus, flannel plaid shirts, and orthopedic shoes (and i’m not talkin’ tara subkoff for easy spirit!). on one hand, the fashion bar is set really low and it’s easy to be queen ;) , but on the other, there’s a perception that being ‘too stylish’ is a sign of frivolity, and maybe it seems like i don’t spend enough time on my thesis… which is obviously true ;)

7 Jennine April 24, 2007 at 11:32 pm

oh dear, please don’t tell me ‘legally blonde’ is based on a true story! well… that’s probably why it’s so good. don’t be fooled san fran has it’s share of flannel shirts… but style, it’s not frivolous, it makes the world a better place (it really does!)
: )

8 Curella June 23, 2007 at 6:54 am

That is such an awesome dress, and so many ways to wear it! :-) Rock it babe! You know u wanna! xoxo