// you’re reading...

Fashion is lovely

Two Skirts

As much as it sounds nice to be able to buy a new item of clothing every time there is some new event, the reality is that it’s bad for the bank account. Believe me, it is. So let’s take advantage of a few trends for ‘07, and that is, short and volume. I have two skirts that I love, that I’ve worn a million times. One is a black and white skirt from the Gap, purchased in spring 2004, and the other is an aubergine bubble skirt from H&M purchased in winter 2005. I still wear both the Gap & the H&M skirts, but I think they could be put to an even better use.
One thing I noticed is that my rib cage and my hips are about the same around. so pulling the skirts up to wear as a strapless dress (idea inspired from the Decades YSL dress/skirt). Some skirts will be to short, you can wear them as a blouse, Banana Republic has all these strapless tops. They are cute, but it can be done with what’s in my closet…. this is what I just pulled out:
I’ve been wanting a bubble minidress for a while now… and it’s great to discover I’ve had it all along.

Share and Enjoy:
« Shoe D’Jour : Crisscross Shoe D’Jour : Sexy, Trashy, Sweet. »

Discussion

14 comments for “Two Skirts”

1. Until now, I thought I was the only one who wore my skirts as tops. =) I’m not alone!
    Just wanted to let you know that I love reading your blog!

Posted by Stefanie | May 22, 2007, 9:31 am
  2. Wow,
    You totally pulled it off, they both look great! Great accessorizing as well!

lily

Posted by Anonymous | May 22, 2007, 9:44 am
  3. I love this! I started wearing one of my favorite black knit skirts as a strapless dress over blouses this winter and I love the look. Skirt in question has a nice wide waistband, so it gives the “dress” a wonderfully fitted, empire bodice. Way to multipurpose!

Posted by StyleSpy | May 22, 2007, 10:01 am
  4. Ooh, very clever. I especially love the second one!

Posted by La Principessa | May 22, 2007, 11:12 am
  5. hey thank you for your lovely comments! i’m just waiting for it to warm up enough to go strapless!
    : )

Posted by Jennine | May 22, 2007, 11:18 am
  6. you look AMAZING in that bubble “dress” - bring on the boys. roar! ;)

Posted by covetous in cambridge | May 22, 2007, 2:24 pm
  7. thanks c-n-c!
    : )
    i wish the boys thought the same thing… yikes! one day, one of them will!

Posted by Jennine | May 22, 2007, 2:56 pm
  8. WOW! You look Great in both - I wish you could come look at my closet and see a fresh new idea for my old clothes - you are full of bright ideas! :-)

Posted by JO | May 22, 2007, 3:25 pm
  9. thanks, love! yeah, i love going through other people’s closets! part of it is nosiness, and the other part is getting new ideas! but a good part of it is in fact, nosiness…
    ; )

Posted by Jennine | May 22, 2007, 3:38 pm
  10. i love the black one with the white sunglasses! STUNNING ^_^

Posted by Bobble Bee | May 22, 2007, 6:17 pm
  11. i thought i was the only weirdo that did this, glad to see you’re on board with us fashion crazies…

Posted by Model Citzen | May 22, 2007, 7:53 pm
  12. so cool! you look amazing in both but I esp love the blk one, silly me I never thought to do this and just went out and bought a few bubble dresses, one looks an awful lot like your black shirt creation. I would love to let you loose on my closet…Its great to see things through others eyes..and yours seem very creative! I’m going to experiment with this idea. Thanks for the inspiration!
    BG

Posted by Bergdorf Girl | May 22, 2007, 8:09 pm
  13. wowwwwww!!! you look gorgeus! how do you do it????? youve got pounds of style, seriously.. I dont wanna ever hear again from you that you feel bad!!
    Definetely, im wearing from now on, skirts as dresses!

big kiss= un beso grande ;)

Posted by Tallacuarenta | June 19, 2007, 10:20 am
  14. [...] forcing me to be more creative with what I have. Wearing a belt as a top and a skirt (I never wear) as a dress, and another belt as a headband, I put together an outfit inspired by the silent film stars [...]

Posted by Silent Summer | THE COVETED | July 10, 2008, 11:09 am