// you’re reading...

Today's attire

Going out…

I didn’t have time last night to post this, I wore this out on the town, actually, it was the Space Gallery hosting a graphic t-shirt event.

Overdressing tends to be a theme in my life, but it’s fun, so why not? I wore my new tiered skirt and the black & white striped shirt with a Colonel Sanders Tie to mix it up, hehe, also because fried chicken is my favorite food.

I’m in my 30’s and is this skirt too short for a woman such an age? I hope I didn’t offend anyone….

Share and Enjoy:
« Streets of SF: SFFW Streets of SF: SFFW »

Discussion

26 comments for “Going out…”

1. It looks good I wouldn’t have the balls to wear a skirt like that.

Posted by Sara | August 25, 2007, 10:15 am
  2. This is an awesome outfit. If it looks good on you, you get to wear it. Age ain’t nothing but a number! I love the blue socks and yellow jacket. I wish I could put things together like that.

Posted by WendyB | August 25, 2007, 11:12 am
  3. That outfit is really cute. Age shouldn’t dictate what we can wear. And your look is so much classier than how most people would probably wear a skirt like that.

Posted by Lara | August 25, 2007, 11:56 am
  4. You look adorable. I always worry about age appropriate clothing too. I don’t want to dress like I’m trying to cling to my 20s instead of looking like a stylish 32 year old. I look young enough as it is. But I think you pulled this off quite nicely. Plus, you have the legs for it. My turkey drumsticks would look offensive!

Posted by Sandra | August 25, 2007, 12:12 pm
  5. you have great legs so it doesn’t really matter what age you are if you look great doing it.

love the yellow coat as well…

Posted by Jessica | August 25, 2007, 12:41 pm
  6. just as others have mentioned, you have great legs, so why not show them off! that is truly a wonderful outfit.

Posted by The Sewing Bunny | August 25, 2007, 3:32 pm
  7. Hi Jennine,
    the skirt looks great on you, so I don’t think that age should be an issue in this case.
    I’ve always loved mini skirts, and have worn them since I can remember. Now I’m 43, and I intend to go on wearing them as long as I can.
    That said, I encourage you to keep on showing those nice legs! :-)
    BTW, I’m Himawaridoll, from the Wardrobe Remix group.

Posted by wendygital | August 25, 2007, 3:42 pm
  8. I know there are rules about hemlines and age, and sometime I agree and sometimes I don’t. I think you have 1) the body/legs for the skirt 2) the attitude for the skirt 3) the right venue (not work) for the skirt. You’ve done a great job of making a very short skirt not seem too short or as if you were “trying”. You’ve got great style, and you have the panache as well!

Posted by Gina | August 25, 2007, 4:51 pm
  9. It’s too short. Sorry, but it looks inappropriate on someone your age. I’m younger than you and I wouldn’t wear it — it’s too Hot Topic. There’s nothing wrong with being in your 30s, but why would you want to dress like a Fall Out Boy groupie?

Posted by Anonymous | August 25, 2007, 6:04 pm
  10. People…especially anonymous people… shouldn’t wear something they can’t carry off…obviously Jennine can carry it off.

Posted by WendyB | August 25, 2007, 6:12 pm
  11. Who’s fall out boy?
    ; )

thanks so much for your great comments, it’s something that i think about, age appropriate attire. i wouldn’t normally wear a mini skirt like that, but for some reason the actual skirt said, ‘wear me!’ and that’s how it came.

the great thing about being in my 30s is that i have so much more confidence than i did in my 20s. and i’ve also realized that my body is still pretty much the same. wendy is right about age being a number… and really the core of every outfit is attitude. and that’s something that can’t be purchased, nor faked.

Posted by jennine | August 25, 2007, 6:53 pm
  12. Dear Jennine,

No you are not too old to wear such a skirt. I am also in my 30’s (well in the second part now) and I have realized this summer that it was now or never!! So go on you just look terrific !!
    Mag

Posted by mag | August 26, 2007, 9:40 am
  13. Ha, I’ve been noticing that I keep asking myself the same question: Should I be wearing something like this at my age (33)? I most definitely do not want to be dressing like an 18 year old, but I also hate those arbitrary rules about fashion, i.e., you can’t wear certain things past a certain age. Who cares? If you can pull it off, do it. And you certainly can.

Posted by Jaye | August 26, 2007, 10:25 am
  14. My aunt is in her early 30s and is always beinging up the “skirt debate”, but to be honest, I think it is such a younthful piece, but its essential that women of all ages wear it. Can you image having to give up wearing minis just because of your age?

Hellll.

Its all about doing it with class!

and tell. me. that. bag. isn’t. a . fendi. spy…? Or at least a very good copy!

Where do you take your photos by the way? I love the background of the wooden panels. Is it a hallway in your building or something?

Hmmm.

S xx

Posted by discothequechic | August 26, 2007, 11:28 am
  15. I think it looks so cute

hell.. wear what you want:)

Posted by dusk&summer | August 26, 2007, 1:16 pm
  16. you look great — duh!

love the blog, btw

Posted by Flashy_Shades | August 26, 2007, 2:04 pm
  17. Age? Whatever! Cute outfit… hope you had a fun night? X

Posted by Mrs Fashion | August 26, 2007, 3:42 pm
  18. I think you ought to try a different facial expression when posing for your pictures. This one is very akward.

Posted by megan | August 26, 2007, 3:55 pm
  19. The teal socks (and your attitude) add playfulness. Wearing this skirt with black lipstick and earnestness is Hot Topic. Workin’ it with a striped blouse and teal socks is just Hot.

I agree with previous commenters. It has little to do with age and mostly to do with attitude.

Posted by Miriam | August 26, 2007, 8:37 pm
  20. Don’t you love how the drive-by haters are always anonymous or not contactable?

Self-confidence is the best accessory of all. You look fly.

Posted by Maven | August 27, 2007, 7:17 am
  21. @Maven, so true re the haters. Separately, a few years ago (when I was young like Jennine *wink*) I was feeling like, maybe I shouldn’t do such short skirts. Then I went to dinner with a woman in her 40s who was wearing a mini in the most awesome way. It all depends on how you style it (and how you feel in it).

Posted by WendyB | August 27, 2007, 7:23 am
  22. I completely agree with WendyB… yes, there are times when age and appropriateness need to be considered, but there are ways to adapt looks to suit various ages and body types. Not everything works for everyone, regardless of age, etc. I think confidence is the key.

Posted by Gina | August 27, 2007, 8:21 am
  23. I know a woman in her 50s, works in the finance industry, makes huge money and wears Chanel suits. Short, Chanel suits, because she has killer legs. You got the legs, you wear it, ’nuff said.

Posted by Lucky Canuck | August 28, 2007, 3:54 pm
  24. black and white stripes with yellow is a favorite of mine, especially with anything resembling a bow/tie. 30s is nothing.

Posted by Kim | August 30, 2007, 8:35 pm
  25. It’s probably the haters that are too full of self-doubt to even try something new in regards to fashion. Oh well, let them wallow in their mire, I think this outfit rocks! It’s not about age, it’s all about attitude!

Posted by Anonymous | September 12, 2007, 12:00 pm
  26. [...] join and participate. I was so inspired just looking at the first page. Like, I must get myself a Colonel Sanders tie [...]

Posted by Lookie Lookie | THE COVETED | July 2, 2008, 2:51 am