// you’re reading...

Today's attire

Today’s Attire : Shiny Fabrics

Yeah, so now I know about the benefits of organic fabrics, I go and wear a bunch of synthetics…. ha! Why does this always happen? That’s the thing about humility, if I can ever hope to achieve it. At any rate, I’ve been itching to wear my silk dress that makes me look like cosmetic counter sales rep, I love it, and since I couldn’t find my tights this morning, I decided to wear this with black lamé leggings and patent booties to keep the dress from looking frumpy. I like this look every now and then, it’s certainly cozy.

Discussion

9 comments for “Today’s Attire : Shiny Fabrics”

1. I stole you to put on my blog :-)

Posted by WendyB | October 10, 2007, 9:04 pm
  2. I love the backgrounds around SF that you seem to find for your personal styling, they always seem to enhance the outfits.

Posted by a365_ | October 11, 2007, 1:20 am
  3. you look great! I heart the dress and the ankle boots :)

Posted by The Stiletto Effect | October 11, 2007, 4:58 am
  4. OMGoddess! you look A M A Z I N G

Posted by Bobble Bee | October 11, 2007, 5:50 am
  5. oh i love your outfit! the silk dress loosens up the tightness of the other outfits.

Were did you get your leggings from and how much were they? they look great!

Posted by Shaz | October 11, 2007, 6:12 am
  6. i agree you have the proportions perfectly down with the dress and ankle boots!

Posted by riz | October 11, 2007, 7:42 am
  7. thank you so much for your lovely comments!!!

gosh… it was certainly a good day to be cozy and shiny at the same time!

@shaz… the leggings are from american apparel, they cost about $40.

Posted by jennine | October 11, 2007, 10:15 am
  8. This is one amazing outfit, I just HAD to comment on it, I love all of it.

Posted by Fabi | October 11, 2007, 11:25 am
  9. Not only do I love this, I love your comments. I would not have thought about a cosmetics counter sales person but now I totally see it. And I also love your humility in acknowledging that even when we aspire to certain things (organic, non-sweatshop, *less* consumerism, what have you), we can’t always quite get there but looking fabulous is a nice compromise.

Posted by ambika | October 12, 2007, 1:10 pm