// you’re reading...

You are beautiful

A mask for all seasons

Are you addicted to Foto Decadent? If you aren’t you should be… I don’t have a live journal acct to comment, but I do get a great deal of inspiration from that blog… This time, was a thread on Vogue Japan’s Beauty magazine, these masks, although a little late for Halloween, are really quite lovely. The painted face, in particular I loved. Which I did for Halloween, using my Chanel compact from 1998, and still haven’t used half of it yet….

This fashion spread inspires me, perhaps to try to use masks beyond a yearly costume, where else can you wear one without getting to many looks? I guess it’s time to start thinking of a Holiday Masquerade party? Perhaps we should have one right here? Oh, come on, I know you want to come! :)

Discussion

15 comments for “A mask for all seasons”

1. Love the royal purple in the last feathery one. Did you catch the article in the LA Times this weekend that had a tutorial on making feather headpiece/headbands? Check it out! :) http://www.latimes.com/features/lifestyle/la-ig-diy11nov11,1,7039004.story?ctrack=2&cset=true

And great blog, by the way!

Posted by jasmine | November 13, 2007, 5:28 pm
  2. you are right! where was i before this blog. (Both Foto Decadent and the coveted) I now heart foto decadent (well, and the coveted)

Posted by heather | November 13, 2007, 5:30 pm
  3. arg!
    you have to be a member of la times….

Posted by jennine | November 13, 2007, 6:27 pm
  4. Interesting that Vogue Japan is featuring exclusively Caucasian models (at least in this piece).

Posted by Deja Pseu | November 13, 2007, 8:04 pm
  5. Recently some friends hosted an SCA event, themed “Inferno,” with a masquerade ball. How fun! Perhaps events like that are a good way to start with the masking?

Posted by Ashe Mischief | November 13, 2007, 9:12 pm
  6. Isn’t this lovely?
    Isn’t this wonderful?
    Isn’t this precious?????

I want a mask.

Posted by Bobble Bee | November 13, 2007, 9:20 pm
  7. Gorgeous. I am now officially addicted! Thanks Jennine!

Posted by Jamie | November 14, 2007, 10:05 am
  8. Some friends threw a Fellini themed birthday/costume party recently. Very fun. I dressed as Gloria, who was part of Guido’s harem in 8 1/2.

Posted by CuteMess | November 14, 2007, 10:23 am
  9. I think if you go to latimes.com, click on the image section, you’ll see the article under DIY…I’m not a member either, so I think it should work! :)

Posted by jasmine | November 14, 2007, 10:23 am
  10. Feathers seem to be everywhere, I love these pieces…the pics are stunning. nice post!

Posted by Jessica | November 14, 2007, 10:32 am
  11. ooh felini!

i’m so dying for an occasion to dress up!

halloween shouldn’t be the only time!

@jessica…dude, feathers are everywhere… it’s beautiful…

Posted by jennine | November 14, 2007, 10:36 am
  12. I love all these photos, but the feathers are especially beautiful.

Posted by WendyB | November 14, 2007, 11:41 am
  13. I made a half-face mask in this art week thing, but it’s really simple and I’ve tought about gluing feathers to it.

There was also a mask store in Helsinki but I guess it closed down. They had all these amazing masks from Italy.

Posted by indie | November 15, 2007, 3:12 am
  14. this ed really is wonderful! vlada carries it off well (: and the masks are simply breathtaking!

Posted by Anonymous | November 15, 2007, 5:43 am
  15. These images are just amazing. Definitely going to take a look.

Posted by ambika | November 15, 2007, 9:56 am