// you’re reading...

Today's attire

Today’s attire: Layering dresses

Today I’m wearing two dresses. The top one is a vintage one I had shortened, and the tailor got a little scissor happy and cut it too short. So now I can only wear it with layers. And that’s ok, it kind of serves as a peplum of sorts. The dress underneath is the American Apparel Cotton Spandex Jersey Turtleneck Dress which I also have in black. This dress is probably about one of the best purchases I made this fall. It’s comfortable, warm, easy to layer. My only concern is that I don’t have enough of them.

Anyway, in other wardrobe news… I’m back in high heels. I had to take a month hiatus, because they were bothering my feet in a way I didn’t feel comfortable in. Now I know what some women were talking about when expressing concerns over wearing heels. I’m a bit more careful not to wear them walking around for long periods of time. But that said, it’s still hard for me to find a pair of flats I like. Boo..

Discussion

9 comments for “Today’s attire: Layering dresses”

1. love it! mamzing how you always turn those basic AA pieces into something so…well covetable!

Posted by Letitia | December 11, 2007, 11:48 am
  2. I love the top dress a lot, you look so demure in that pic..hehe

Posted by Jessica | December 11, 2007, 11:49 am
  3. Oh, high heels. I haven’t been wearing them much for the last six months due to the addition of a man in my life who is taller than me, but not that much taller. I’ve ditched my heels for flats. Now, when I wear heels my feet hurt. I used to be hardcore. I am constantly in search of a sexy heel that is 2.5 inches. This is pretty impossible. Neither of us really care that I may be taller occasionally but I like being eye level.

Posted by CuteMess | December 11, 2007, 1:30 pm
  4. I love the way you have styled this outfit, it has a Prada vibe and looks like a wearable version of SS08 Balenciaga.

Posted by indie | December 11, 2007, 1:48 pm
  5. Wearing two dresses at once is a smart idea for this time of year and is actually a pretty nifty trick to pull off….I have been doing it lately too and might need to write about it….

Posted by Catie | December 11, 2007, 2:45 pm
  6. oh my…thanks for the lovely comments… i guess i didn’t think of the balenciaga, because it’s not floral prints… but you’re right, it kind of does have that kind of vibe… thanks!
    ;)

Posted by jennine | December 11, 2007, 4:11 pm
  7. i love this…the top dress has a great print!!

Posted by thealchemist | December 11, 2007, 5:11 pm
  8. Nice look!
    I would be SO bummed if anything kept me out of heels. Let’s not even think such dreadful thoughts!

Posted by WendyB | December 12, 2007, 10:31 am
  9. Love the look.
    God bless the tailor!

The combination of the hot red lippie and the tonal grey.. perfect, non?

Posted by discothequechic | December 12, 2007, 5:27 pm