// you’re reading...

Uncategorized

Los Anjealous

Cheers!, originally uploaded by hermanau.

Do you like LA? I know other people have had problems with it… you know they say people are fake (I haven’t noticed) and traffic sucks (it does).

Sometimes, I think it would be cool to live there… but I’m already a SoCal ex-pat, and well, it’s an alien place to me now. But whenever I can, I try to check out the art scene in LA, MOCA is one of my favorites on the west coast, right now they are having an exibit on Takashi Murakami… I’ll think I’ll stop by.

Do you have a favorite Shoppe in LA? I’m planning on visiting cult shoe shoppe Remix Vintage Shoes to get a peak at their amazing hand-tooled leather selection. because I heard the selection of shoes there is amazing… But I haven’t decided where else to go quite yet…

Discussion

11 comments for “Los Anjealous”

1. Ooooh, make sure to report back on Remix Vintage. I’ve had their shoes on my wish list for forever, but I’d be ordering online, so I’d love to hear your take on what they’re like in person!

Posted by Rorosto | December 21, 2007, 3:24 pm
  2. get thee to Show Pony in Echo Park. I don’t know what end of town you might be staying in so it might be a trek. isn’t everything around here a trek though?

Posted by marimello | December 21, 2007, 4:41 pm
  3. LA is a prettycool place. from a cute little magazine I started gettin last year super awesome for LosAn food/designers/shops/lowriders etc..
    http://www.ciudadmag.com so funny in one of their fashion blogs they recently did a Murakami@ MOCA post. havefun!

Posted by meli | December 22, 2007, 12:59 am
  4. Agree with both marimello and meli-Echo Park is the place to be for unique, stylish shopping. Tu Ciudad is probably one of the best LA regional mags.

If you’ll be in town for NYE, Charles Phoenix always has a great holiday slide show in LA. I think this year might be at the REDCAT.

Email me. I’d love to hang out since I missed you in SF.

Posted by debutanteclothing | December 22, 2007, 1:57 am
  5. Oh god, I am so fascinated by all old hand-tooled leather things! They are something really beautiful <3____<3

Posted by indie | December 22, 2007, 6:47 am
  6. oh my goodness… it’s sounding like i’m going to have to go to echo park… yay! i’ve always wanted to go!!!

Posted by jennine | December 22, 2007, 6:19 pm
  7. Wasteland on Melrose is really great for vintage/secondhand/basically gorgeous stuff. A little expensive, but you may definitely find some gems.

Posted by geckkkko | December 22, 2007, 8:47 pm
  8. when will you be here?! I’d love to have lunch or drinks!

Posted by Model Citzen | December 24, 2007, 12:37 am
  9. Um, yes, I have to admit that I have a problem with LA. Too much smog, too much traffic and the city laks charm. Could befriend myself with this place. Can’t say anything about the people though. Ah anyway, I’m in love with Seattle ;)

Posted by Liv | December 24, 2007, 7:27 am
  10. I have my garments in Show Pony (Echo Park) and Madley’s (Venice Beach) visit the Abbot Kinney Area and maybe the historical Venice Beach Boardwalk. It’s true Carnival!

Posted by NAIK FUR | December 27, 2007, 9:36 am
  11. Oh my god, thank you so much for all your helpful tips… i compiled a map of where i wanted to go:

but Rocky and I got the stomach flu the night before the trip,and we had to cancel the whole thing…. we’re still in san diego at my parents house recovering…. arrrgg! i’m SOO bummed!

Posted by jennine | December 27, 2007, 11:24 am