// you’re reading...

Shoe d'jour

Shoe D’Jour : Swash Buckler

Givenchy’s looking a little more avant garde these days, as the young Riccardo Tisci takes Givenchy’s couture line. I know, I’m a little late in relaying the latest of all the Spring Couture shows, and I’m not really sure how to cover them in a personal manner… except when it comes to shoes. Oh, my.. at first I was taken by the ribbon gladiators, but I find these buckle booties a bit more inspired. They’re like stilettos with ankle belts. Honestly, it reels in some ideas of what to do with some pre-existing shoes in my closet.

Share and Enjoy:
« It’s just lovely to be nominated… again… Having tea with Ivana Ristic »

Discussion

6 comments for “Shoe D’Jour : Swash Buckler”

1. these shoe/boots are amazing. I love shoes with unexpected details.

Posted by Sandra | January 28, 2008, 7:12 pm
  2. Wow those shoes are bit spesh, love them… the massive buckles do it for me, i want them !!!

Posted by tanya | January 29, 2008, 5:26 am
  3. Givenchy has been rocking my world for a few seasons now. Not that any of it will ever see my closet!

Posted by Queen Michelle | January 29, 2008, 9:01 am
  4. oh i know… i wish i could afford givenchy couture… but I’m really thinking of these buckles… inspiring.

Posted by jennine | January 29, 2008, 10:25 am
  5. Sorry; these shoes are just bad. What happened to beautiful footwear that enhanced the foot,ankle and legs and complimented your outfit? It seems everyone wants to be so “avant garde” they’ve forgotten style, proportion (eg-skinny heel, HUGE BOOT) and sexy

Posted by Francella | January 29, 2008, 6:37 pm
  6. I actually love buckled boots, those aren’t my favorite i’ve seen but I’d still wear them in a hot minute. I’ve got these fantastic ralph lauren buckled shoes that have just the right touch without being too girly or too industrial.

Posted by belle | January 29, 2008, 9:48 pm