// you’re reading...

Uncategorized

Shoe D’Jour : American Gladiator

Last year, I wasn’t sure if I would like gladiators today. I liked them quite a lot, but it was hard to gauge if it were a passing trend or not. I think the lesson here, is just when I see something I like, just go with it… And that’s what I’m thinking with gladiators.

So, not wanting to make too much of an investment, I looked at what was available on eBay, maybe some woman decided this trend wasn’t for her, like with these YSL lace-up gladiator sandals. Too bad they are a size 6. I can justify a 6.5 sometimes… but never a straight 6….

Still hungry, I found these some boots both vintage go-go and the caged sandal boots. There is a whole bunch of them… and they are pretty in-expensive? They aren’t leather and I think that’s the only real thing stopping me right of the bat… has anyone else delved into the gladiator ring?

Share and Enjoy:
« Waking up to Earley Today’s Attire : Antics »

Discussion

9 comments for “Shoe D’Jour : American Gladiator”

1. I haven’t yet! but I’m searching hi and lo for the perfect ones. I was also not sure if I liked them or not, but lately I have a new found admiration for them! yours are great!

Posted by brennie | February 7, 2008, 2:49 pm
  2. I love the YSL sandals but I’m not sure how much I like the vintage go- go ones. It’s too bad I wear a size 5 and it is impossible for me to find shoes!

Posted by Allison | February 7, 2008, 3:09 pm
  3. I really wanted a pair last year…but I think they will look silly on me.

Posted by punky | February 7, 2008, 3:59 pm
  4. I’m not a fan of the super tall boot-style gladiators with the flat sole. But I’m loving the newer style wedges and heels that stop at the ankle. Much better!

Posted by Sneaux | February 7, 2008, 4:35 pm
  5. The YSL gladiators are sexy! The go-go ones are cute. Too bad I can’t pull this one off, I think they’d look great on tall girls. Do post some pics when you’ve got them.

Posted by Lynn | February 7, 2008, 9:15 pm
  6. i had vintage versions of those kate moss-ish gladiator sandals a couple summers ago, and still have black & tan wrap versions. i think i will always like those styles. i fell in LOVE with the YSL version, just going to the store to see the in person. i also love those gogo boots you pictured. i have a gogo boot like that without the openwork and love them. not too sure about the superhigh version of the gladiatior sandal. not sure why. i did just thrift a purpls suede 60s chunky heeled gladiator sandal that i will try and get in my flickr stream. so you could say ia m a fan!

Posted by SwanDiamondRose | February 8, 2008, 2:56 am
  7. I love them. I bought a pair off ebay that are the classic gladiator with flat soles to the mid-calf. I have been staring at them in my closet waiting for the day it’s warm enough to wear them! My favourites ever are the tall Givenchy ones from last year. SO HOT.

Posted by vancouverista | February 8, 2008, 6:33 pm
  8. Gaspard Yurkievich has a gladiator series for spring with a metallic heel and thick straps. So hot!

Posted by ShoeLover | February 9, 2008, 5:10 am
  9. A couple summers back I picked up some BCBG girls gladiator wedges (style name: prissy). They are surprisingly comfortable, and sooo sexy. I walked around NYC for hours and only my achilles tendon started to get a bit sore. I’m not sure how easy it would be to find the style anymore, but I figured I’d spread the good word to a wonderfully stylish lass.

Posted by ali | February 9, 2008, 8:52 am