// you’re reading...

Today's attire

Today’s Attire : In the flesh

There’s a lot of talk about nude colors, flesh tones. Honestly, I’ve never had much luck with them, they always seem to drain the color off my face. Especially in the winter. But I’ve decided to give this mini dress a try. It’s really a simple dress, I bought it this weekend. It has a nice little purple and fuchsia pattern that make it easier to accessorize, like with purple gradient tights. And a flower barrette I found in my closet… I think it’s from H&M…

Also, I think I’m liking the return of pantyhose… in the winter, it’s just too cold to wear minidresses with no tights, and I think I would feel too bare tightless anyway. Pantyhose are a nice way of keeping warm without overpowering the whole outfit.

On another note, things are getting crazy between trying to get everything ready for the move and all the posts I have lined up to share with you. Really, I can’t wait until the move if done, a nice vacation is certainly needed.

« Shoe D’Jour : Nudie Taking a cue »

Discussion

17 comments for “Today’s Attire : In the flesh”

1. yes yes! I love this balance of color and nude. And I’m still loving those gradient tights.

Posted by Sandra | February 11, 2008, 1:18 pm
  2. so cute and sexy. love the red.

Posted by joanna goddard | February 11, 2008, 3:58 pm
  3. i love this outfit! that dress is adorable and how you paired it with the infamous tights…nice

Posted by thealchemist | February 11, 2008, 4:26 pm
  4. I’m loving the tights..not for the over 40’s I expect but very sweet all the same.

Posted by Deborah | February 11, 2008, 5:20 pm
  5. terri from mw is my bff and had that dress on hold forever for me…when i finally got back to sf to try it on…it totally washed me out. and i had been dreaming about it for weeks! it looks so wonderful on you! i cannot wait to get to mw and painted bird in march!!

Posted by my love for you. | February 11, 2008, 5:27 pm
  6. gorgeous! i know what you mean about skin tones washing out your face, but this came out oh-so-nice.

you and i will surely have to sync up our hawaii trip plans one day :) i’m originally from there, and i know you’ve got family there…. it’s just a matter of time!

Posted by dreamecho | February 11, 2008, 6:06 pm
  7. I really like it, I think as long is there is some color on the lips, nude shades can be pulled off. But this does mean constant reapplying of lipstick. ;-)

Posted by Hailey | February 11, 2008, 6:15 pm
  8. Love the tights. I especially like how they almost blend in to the dress at the top.

Posted by Lisa | February 11, 2008, 7:32 pm
  9. What a gorgeous dress! I have the same problem with nude shades (damn olive complexions!), but accessorising with a richer colour as you have done is a great solution. I love your shoes also.

Posted by Andrea Mitchell | February 11, 2008, 8:29 pm
  10. Those shoes were made for those tights which were made for that dress! I like how you pulled the entire outfit together with a surprising element like the purple gradient. Well done, lovely! :)

Posted by Iconoclastic | February 11, 2008, 9:38 pm
  11. Those tights, that dress! It all works so well, my head hurts…

Posted by susie_bubble | February 12, 2008, 10:29 am
  12. agree with everyone else 100%. the washing out potential is there, but not with the tights and hair clip! absolutely gorgeous.

i have to say i thought of you today and you inspired me to drop into History - a little vintage boutique in my hood - and i picked up two fantastic dresses. one 40’s era drapey silk with an all around peplum with scalloped hem and a wild fish print, and the other a LBD with curtain like fringe (like seriously, tassels fit for a lampshade) around the waist. both are handmade i believe. so singular and so fun and i wanted you to know i am so often inspired by your ideas and purchases and ruminations here. xxoo, c in c

Posted by c in c | February 12, 2008, 2:12 pm
  13. Love the dress. Especially that lovely red pattern…its a nude you won’t look totally naked in!

Thanks for your comment over on my blog. I’ve just updated my links to include you. Hope thats ok!

Posted by missmilki | February 12, 2008, 2:49 pm
  14. c-in-c i’m just waiting for you to start a fashion blog…

i really want to see your loot!

and thank you all for all your lovely comments!

Posted by jennine | February 12, 2008, 6:01 pm
  15. Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by WendyB | February 12, 2008, 10:47 pm
  16. I love this outfit! The dress is really cute!

Posted by Imelda | February 13, 2008, 11:35 am