// you’re reading...

Shoe d'jour

Shoe D’Jour : Standbys & Staples

I know lately, I’ve been showcasing a lot of designer shoes that are almost impossible for us mere mortals can afford… there are some brands that come out with reliable quality shoes, the ol’ standby, Nine West most consistently makes decent quality shoes, like my boots I’ve had for a few years are still in good condition after an intense winter of wear.

They’re also getting better at cycling over designer inspired footwear. Something you see more of in Europe than Stateside. I really like these lovely two tone peeptoe platform pumps. They are interesting without being too tied to a specific season.

Of course they aren’t gladiators… but we can’t do everything the fashion world dictates, can we?

Nine West Bilson pumps, $83 on Zappos

Share and Enjoy:
« Freedom from the clutches of the bag House of Organic FW Part Two »

Discussion

7 comments for “Shoe D’Jour : Standbys & Staples”

1. as a former designer from nine west… i can say that pretty much ALL of their inspiration comes from europe and runway fashion, and all of it is pretty intensely fit-tested, formed and costed to be a great “every-person” solution to high-end designs. I can also tell you, that many of the same designers work for a variety of brands in all price points, and it is not uncommon for any one of us to work and design for payless, cole hahn, nine west and many brands above and below and in between. They are quick with trends and have decent quality!

Posted by sarah | February 29, 2008, 7:29 pm
  2. oh wow…. thanks for leaving this comment. i had no idea what went on behind all this design!

Posted by jennine | February 29, 2008, 7:47 pm
  3. these peep ones are super cute!
    im not a big fan of nine west, but I have fallen in love with Jeffrey campbell as my unexpensive way for say,chie mihara.

I might have to peek at a nine west store soon and check stuff out!

there’s this pair in zappos under a 100$ that is also cute. (brand:two lips model:cookie) my toes cant wait for sun!

Posted by meli | March 1, 2008, 12:20 am
  4. oh yeah, jeffery campbell is on my list too! i have a pair that’s really great (and a bit more hip too)

Posted by jennine | March 1, 2008, 8:25 am
  5. Nine West are doing really well lately with the styles and they’ve always done well with the fit.

I know a size 5 (when they have it) will fit me perfectly.

Luv
    Poochie

Posted by Poochie | March 2, 2008, 2:56 pm
  6. when can i buy these?! i have been looking on the ninewest website since you posted this and shoes similar to this are on there..but not this shoe exactly! i would loove to buy them and am wondering if maybe they are just selling them in stores or online as well.

Posted by anne | March 7, 2008, 12:06 pm
  7. oh sorry, i got my links messed up, you can get them on zappos:
    let me know if you get them! i’d love to see how you put it together!

Posted by jennine | March 7, 2008, 12:18 pm