// you’re reading...

Today's attire

Today’s Attire : Chinatown

Everyday I walk through Chinatown on my way to work, the landscape of my daily journeys, the Cathedral, the cable car, the hills, Chinatown. I tried the iPod thing for a while, but I kept missing things and getting caught up in my own head. The daily walk is kind of my meditation, when I get my thoughts together for the day, to reflect on how fortunate I am to live in such a beautiful place with people I love. I think I’ll miss my little daily journey. It’s really beautiful. Even Chinatown, as dirty and busy as it is.

Speaking of Chinatown, if you haven’t seen the 1974 film with Faye Dunaway and Jack Nicholson, see it. Faye Dunaway, is probably one of the most beautiful women ever born. Even though the film is set in LA, and it’s not really about Chinatown, it’s a great move both in vision and narrative. One of my favorite films ever.

I’m trying to get used to my new haircut, which I think has a bit of a 1930’s feel to it, which I really like, and oh my, it was so easy to style this morning! Today I’m wearing my vintage coat (yes, with vintage fox collar) the Minnie Wilde dress, and booties from Punky Style.

You can click on the images of me to get a closer look.

Oh, because I’m moving to Germany in a few weeks, I won’t be able to post as much as I have been lately, I’ll still post every day, but not as much. So please bear with me. It’s just crazy getting my stuff together for the move. It’s really exciting, but scary, but exciting scary…

Share and Enjoy:
« Today’s Attire : Millennial Scarlett… Today’s Attire : Black Friday »

Discussion

28 comments for “Today’s Attire : Chinatown”

1. I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoy reading your posts. I log on every day, or try to, and read and read. My favorites are your “Today’s Attire” ones. They amuse me greatly. Your beauty is striking and your intelligence is just…powerful.
    Just thought I’d let you know and good luck with everything, dearie!

Posted by RabidAppleChunks | March 6, 2008, 12:44 pm
  2. awww… what a lovely comment thank you. i’ll try to take more of these today’s attire.

Posted by jennine | March 6, 2008, 12:58 pm
  3. Your hair looks so good short and wavy..why didn’t mine ever do that? Humph.

Posted by WendyB | March 6, 2008, 1:46 pm
  4. Gosh your hair looks fantastic!

Posted by Sneaux | March 6, 2008, 2:21 pm
  5. When is your last day at work? Promise to have a party or dinner or shopping excursion before you leave! I’ll miss you crazy cat lady :)

Posted by Aidan | March 6, 2008, 2:22 pm
  6. I really am loving that hair!! So much spunk ;-)
    And also those tights are great with that girly dress. Will you still be posting at all? If not, I’ll miss you when you go off on your adventures, lucky Germany!

Posted by hailey | March 6, 2008, 2:38 pm
  7. oh, i’ll be posting just not several times a day… i’m waay too addicted to blogging, and there is still so much to cover.

Posted by jennine | March 6, 2008, 3:11 pm
  8. adorable as usual. :) i have to say your hair is looking very faye dunaway in that photo and a little bit of the heimstone model. very nice! good luck with the move and getting everything together

Posted by thealchemist | March 6, 2008, 4:28 pm
  9. i agree with all the comments above, your hair looks amazing!. and YOU look so womanly and relaxed! :)

Posted by bobble-bee | March 6, 2008, 5:42 pm
  10. Goodness I love that movie! Every time I rest my head on the steering wheel in my car I think about it.

Your hair looks wonderful!

Posted by Kaitlin | March 6, 2008, 5:44 pm
  11. lllllllove your tights!!

Posted by geri | March 6, 2008, 6:05 pm
  12. Your hair looks great! I hope you’ll continue blogging, even after your move =)

Posted by michelle | March 6, 2008, 6:10 pm
  13. your hair look amazing today…Ive been on the fence about donating mine to locks of love…I think this is helping.

Posted by punky | March 6, 2008, 6:13 pm
  14. holy smokes!!!!!

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!

HOT HAIR ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

couldn’t really tell in the first picture but the soft curls look incredible. i can’t believe that took you so little time. any boyz who don’t like this look should be examined for serious mental defect ;)

Posted by c in c | March 6, 2008, 9:21 pm
  15. I noticed when I had short hair my hair was never as wavy and voluminous as yours was, yet we had the same-ish hair when you still had the long hair. So my question is, do you use products or rollers or something? Your hair is exquisite! :)

Posted by Betty | March 6, 2008, 10:50 pm
  16. Cute hair!

Posted by Molly | March 6, 2008, 11:25 pm
  17. lovely, the great get up!
    I couldnt go short, at least not now, otherwise mom+i would look like twins (perhaps later I’d learn to like that)
    Love the post, with the city streets behind today’s post. cannot wait to see germany pics lingering around your posts, it’ll be great.

Posted by meli | March 7, 2008, 1:26 am
  18. Good luck with the move… drop me an email when you make it to other side of the pond!

Posted by susie_bubble | March 7, 2008, 3:39 am
  19. I love the short hair on u! Especially styled like this. Tres jolie.

Posted by Alya | March 7, 2008, 4:19 am
  20. I love your outfit and your hair looks amazing!!

I can imagine how you feel about the move! Good luck! Germany is an amazing country, you’ll have a great time there!

Posted by Imelda | March 7, 2008, 5:59 am
  21. Loving the short hair- I’ll echo everyone else’s wishes that my hair did that perfect curly thing! (Also love that montage of photos at the top, it looks brill)

Posted by EJ | March 7, 2008, 6:00 am
  22. Your hair is lovely and good luck with the move!

Posted by Meg | March 7, 2008, 8:06 am
  23. Your hair is quite becoming! This length looks great on you, truly suiting your face shape and structure. Please, please, please keep it this way!

Good luck in Germany. I sincerely hope that you’ll keep blogging! I too hop on your site to see what new and intriguing fashion tidbits you’re sharing with us!

All the best,
    Mel

Posted by Mel | March 7, 2008, 9:35 am
  24. LOVE that new haircut. It does have a 1930s vibe to it. In fact, I think the pic of you in profile is the most dynamic one yet!

We expect pics from Germany. Daily.

Posted by Suzanna | March 7, 2008, 11:55 am
  25. Oh my gosh! thank you all so much for the lovely comments!
    It’s so exciting it’s actually happening…

Posted by jennine | March 7, 2008, 12:36 pm
  26. i love your new hair do it’s so pretty and femme. i can’t believe you’ll be moving so soon, i’m so happy for you, you’ll definately have an adventure and i’m looking forward to your post from germany + the styles over there.

Posted by Lily | March 7, 2008, 1:18 pm