// you’re reading...

In the real world...

Auf Wiedersehen San Francisco…

I am so sorry for being out of touch lately. It’s been crazy this week… going around the city doing things, and feeling like I still have tons to do.

This isn’t my first international move, in 2000 I moved from San Francisco to London, and three years later I returned. So, I’m feeling like this is just a new chapter, I may return, who knows?

I’ll really miss my friends here. They are each so special and we’ve been through a lot together. I really feel lucky to have come to know such great people. The great thing with technology, is that we can all keep in touch, so much easier than before, so I don’t feel like I’m going that far away.

San Francisco is a wonderful city, I’ve noticed over the years, it’s the place for people searching for a life beyond the expected. People who are looking to break out of the script, cultural outlaws, creatives, and dreamers. The thing I love about this town is that you can be whomever you are, a tall bulky straight man in law school who wants to take ballet classes, A CEO who also goes to Burning Man every year, a graphic designer who golfs, a fashionista who loves to camp.

Anyway, before I get to soppy about this whole thing…  I’m really excited to go to Germany, to be with Rocky, to learn a new language, to make new friends, to have time to really develop this blog and a few other things I’ll tell you about later.

Well, have a wonderful weekend, next time I check in, I’ll be in Southern California…

Share and Enjoy:
« Take Five Aspirin and Call Me in the Morning Views of California from the road… »

Discussion

41 comments for “Auf Wiedersehen San Francisco…”

1. good luck!
    im also moving around all the time, but only within europe so far…
    SF is actually a place where i want to end up, but well, its not that easy for me with my hungarian nationality.

moving and changing is good. enjoy!

Posted by Elit Alice | March 14, 2008, 9:55 am
  2. You guys are so super cute! I love the romance in the air and the round-the-world move! So inspiring and inspired! You just look so happy.
    Congrats!

Posted by Molly | March 14, 2008, 10:00 am
  3. I am really looking forward to meeting you soon!!!

Posted by f&art | March 14, 2008, 10:21 am
  4. Beautiful photos. You’re going to have a fabulous adventure. I’m happy for you!

Posted by WendyB | March 14, 2008, 10:38 am
  5. Good luck and best wishes! You’re going to have an incredible adventure!

Posted by Jeanne | March 14, 2008, 10:53 am
  6. I have a tear in my eye!
    Bon Voyage & enjoy…

Posted by edelb | March 14, 2008, 11:28 am
  7. it is funny - i have a similar situation with friends of mine here in cologne. he moved for her from seattle to cologne a few weeks ago. i guess it won’t be easy the first time due to language problems, but i wish you all the best and maybe we’ll meet some day.

Posted by Fenke | March 14, 2008, 12:11 pm
  8. Hi it was good to meet you at your moving sale last weekend! (i bought the ferragamos and my friend Sarah bought some dresses) Hope your move goes well, and have an amazing time in Germany.

Keep writing!

Posted by Kelly | March 14, 2008, 1:20 pm
  9. I’m so happy for both of you - truly. I think that moving to Germany will be a style-expanding voyage of discovery, and that following your heart, wherever it takes you, is the most important thing. All my best to both of you (oh, and I wear the yellow jacket and black hat I got at your moving sale ALL THE TIME and think of you). Bon voyage! (kiss) :)

Posted by Aidan | March 14, 2008, 1:22 pm
  10. Good luck with the move! Hope it all goes smoothly. Its always a bit sad leaving somewhere but really exciting to go somewhere new!

Posted by missmilki | March 14, 2008, 1:54 pm
  11. Good luck with the move! I’ve moved countries twice - from England to Zimbabwe, and from Zimbabwe to New Zealand, and although it’s always hard in a lot of ways, I think it’s one of the most rewarding things anyone can do (as you’d know after your time in London!). Hope everything goes well with the tying-up of loose ends.

Posted by Andrea Mitchell | March 14, 2008, 2:25 pm
  12. Goodbye, Jennine - i hope you enjoy your new life in Germany!

Posted by nika | March 14, 2008, 4:24 pm
  13. what a beautiful post in tribute to a fabulous city and the wonderment that you found there - rocky and the blog being the things i know of - but i’m sure there are countless other discoveries that were inspired there. the Painted Bird will miss you i bet (!), and i’ll miss the street scenes, but i can’t wait to see what is on the horizon for you and us as your devoted readers! xo, c in c

Posted by c in c | March 14, 2008, 5:07 pm
  14. Wow! What a great shot of you with the city in the background. I wish you nothing but the best with your move.

Posted by Gina | March 14, 2008, 7:37 pm
  15. what a beautiful photo! I think our next trip will be to San Francisco. Good Luck on your new adventure!

Posted by Hailey | March 14, 2008, 7:58 pm
  16. Good luck with the move, it sounds so exciting. I absolutely love SF, it’s my favorite West Coast city. Here’s to new adventures in new places!

Posted by Poster Girl | March 14, 2008, 11:07 pm
  17. aw- twin peaks farewell with a cute sweet note!
    Love is in the air indeed. best of luck and looking forward to see this blog blossom with an euro touch. <3
    keepInTouch!!!

Posted by meli | March 14, 2008, 11:33 pm
  18. Great pics! I wish you all the best for your start here in Germany!:)

Posted by Sonja | March 15, 2008, 3:33 am
  19. Good luck and like I said, come to London for a wee bit since you’re now so close (well releatively speaking anyway!)

Posted by susie_bubble | March 15, 2008, 12:59 pm
  20. I wish I were moving anywhere in Europe. Looks like I’ll have to live vicariously through your blog. Here’s to a good adventure.

Posted by etoilee8 | March 15, 2008, 1:20 pm
  21. Pheww, felt like I should jump up and cheer and clap at the end there, like in one of my naff (sorry..) american films. I was getting a little moved!

It seems a huge adjustment, makes me want to hug the doors within my house just thinking about it.

oh dear, I’m doing that thing where I’m slightly delerious as I’m blogging into the night.

Good luck anyway. I’m a strong believer of what will happen will happen.

Posted by Stevie | March 15, 2008, 7:51 pm
  22. Best of luck to you!

Posted by Sara | March 15, 2008, 9:14 pm
  23. Bon voyage

We will look forward to seeing more posts from you as you continue your fashionable trek to Europe! You are an inspiration - and a creative genius!

Posted by gail | March 16, 2008, 9:50 am
  24. Bon Voyage! I can’t wait to her of your new stories when you start this new chapter in your life!

xoxo
    Natalie

Posted by Coquette Natalie | March 16, 2008, 10:58 am
  25. I hope you’re very happy in Germany together. I want to go there very much someday, so maybe that’s why I am so happy for you. By the way, what city/ part of Germany are you moving to?

Posted by sandr+ | March 16, 2008, 11:20 am
  26. good luck jennine! can’t wait to hear about your new home!

Posted by my love for you. | March 16, 2008, 3:08 pm
  27. Oh my goodness! Thank you so much!
    I just got down to my mom’s house, and whew! it’s crazy moving.

Thank you so much, I know I”mgoing to miss SF

Posted by jennine | March 16, 2008, 6:08 pm
  28. Auf wiedersehen, Twin Peaks!

What a lovely farewell image to SF, where I was this weekend.

Can’t wait for the German vistas…with boyfriend!

Posted by Suzanna | March 16, 2008, 10:34 pm
  29. Best of luck, I am sure you’ll covet Germany! ;-)

Posted by Andrea | March 17, 2008, 7:43 am
  30. How exciting - I can’t wait to read all about your adventures in Germany! Congrats and good luck to you. :)

Posted by sneaux | March 17, 2008, 8:53 am
  31. Bon voyage! Can’t wait to see where this site goes!

Posted by ambika | March 17, 2008, 10:05 am
  32. We miss you already. Chibi

Posted by Angel | March 17, 2008, 10:28 am
  33. Safe travels my friend! Looking forward to reading the next chapter…we’ll be in Edinburgh through most of July so, if you have the time come up and we’ll show you around! lots of love to you both

Posted by Heather | March 17, 2008, 10:48 am
  34. Good luck on the move! It’s always so exciting, starting something new. Enjoy it!!

Posted by Rorosto | March 17, 2008, 2:34 pm
  35. Safe travels love, wishing you all the best.

I’ll have to look you up next time I’m in Europe! Afterall you’re a fellow Piscean hehe.

Beijos.

Posted by miss shoo | March 17, 2008, 5:54 pm
  36. that’s a beautiful shot of u over the city

Posted by Prêt-à-Porter Prostitute | March 17, 2008, 6:50 pm
  37. Alles Gute in Deutschland! I moved from Germany to Paris myself and I attended a workshop at the university in Frankfurt two weeks ago. Looking forward to read more about your experiences in the new country (my home country - I didn’t live far from Frankfurt).

Posted by Katrin | March 18, 2008, 6:06 am
  38. I am thinking about moving to San Francisco, and seeing your pictures, well, let’s say, it helps.

Posted by Meghan | March 19, 2008, 3:37 am
  39. jennine! hey best wishes for your trip to germany. i have been so sick and lost track of blogland. funny to say bye to someone who you know only online. i look forward to german bloggings :) and happy bunny day to you :)

Posted by SwanDiamondRose | March 20, 2008, 11:59 am
  40. Now you can follow the fascist fashion footsteps of Hitler!

Posted by Mothra | March 21, 2008, 9:27 am
  41. Hey, I just found your blog through a friend. I am living in Regensburg, Germany, and I have been here for a while. I don’t know where you ended up moving to, but if you need some ’surviving in Germany’ tips, let me know. There are a lot of great Expat resources here.

PS - I miss California still, and I have been here for over three years!!

Posted by Tammy | April 2, 2008, 9:13 am