// you’re reading...

Shop Talk

Hope in a 3 Euro Bolero…

Rocky felt bad about my wandering around Frankfurt aimlessly, looking for good shops. Today, he took me to Kleidermakrt a second had shop that gets most of its vintage imported from the US. It was pretty cool, the price point being €15 or so. I would liken it to going to Wasteland, only I don’t think you have the selling option and it’s a lot smaller.

Kleidermakrt, a second had shop that gets most of its vintage imported from the US, but I would say it’s edited quite differently from a vintage shop stateside.

The selection was quite good, but I wasn’t really in the mood to buy, although this definitely a great little shop to find more unusual clothing. Inspired by a reader comment from Krista, we found the Oxfam shop in Frankfurt. It’s really small, but clean, I found a beautiful lace bolero for €3. It’s perfect, because I’m going to a wedding tomorrow, and I think I may wear it there.

It’s really nice to have found these little shops, I wouldn’t be so weird about shopping. It’s not the end of the world if I can’t find good shops. I know this. Shopping is a comfort thing. After all, that’s why I started The Coveted. It’s partially how I express myself.

We had a lovely day, walking around, going for a coffee in a very classic European cafe. Afterwards, we stopped by the Nippon Connection, a Japanese culture fair and film festival and we saw a digital film called Lazurus, The House of the Rising Sun. A very personal story of two sisters and the consequences of globalism. It was good, entertaining, and thought provoking.

Sometimes I forget how lucky I am, that I have such lovely people in my life. Most of the time, it’s just a matter of asking for help, no matter how lost I may be.

Share and Enjoy:
  • TwitThis
« Today’s Attire : In Between What to wear to a wedding… »

Discussion

13 comments for “Hope in a 3 Euro Bolero…”

1. You look very chic in your all black outfit!

Posted by patti | April 4, 2008, 12:53 pm
  2. you look so great!
    your hair is looking fabu.
    totes chic for sure.

Posted by my love for you. | April 4, 2008, 1:33 pm
  3. That lace bolero is beautiful!

Posted by Robin Claire | April 4, 2008, 4:29 pm
  4. that’s a very pretty bolero. very vintage chic

Posted by Fashiolution.Com | April 4, 2008, 10:13 pm
  5. I used to go to that Kleidermarkt shop too, when I was in Frankfurt (don’t live that far away). But they have got two of them, one on Zeil 111 as well. I remember it being quite hidden in an alley or something:
    You might also want to check out their fleamarket on Schaumainkai which takes place every Saturday and is fun to go, but maybe you already did that.

Posted by lucy | April 5, 2008, 3:20 am
  6. Oh, yay! I’m glad you found a place. I didn’t realize you were in Frankfurt. We bought our car in Germany a year-and-a-half ago, and stopped off in Frankfurt for a few hours. I liked it (they had a very nice little yarn shop there). I felt very at home in Germany. It felt more related to the US than France does. You can really see how American culture was influenced by German immigrants.

Beautiful bolero, by the way. I can’t wait to see what you pair it with for that wedding.

Posted by Krista | April 5, 2008, 5:27 am
  7. Wow you have Oxfam in Germany too…. nice find!

Posted by susie_bubble | April 6, 2008, 12:27 am
  8. I love the bolero, you could do very “prada” looks with it!

Posted by indie | April 6, 2008, 2:10 am
  9. That’s perfect for a wedding!

Posted by WendyB | April 6, 2008, 2:33 pm
  10. That all black outfit looks very chic and with your hairstyle and beautiful bright red lipstick it looks beatnik !

That bolero is adorable, it will go with so many outfits :D

Posted by Rachel | April 6, 2008, 10:57 pm
  11. [...] wearing a Diane Von Furstenburg silk wrap dress over a Calvin Klein cotton jersey dress with my new lace bolero. Layering necklaces helped dress it up a bit, and the shoes add a bit of [...]

Posted by What to wear to a wedding | THE COVETED | April 7, 2008, 2:44 am
  12. lovely!

I sure hope the gals @ Kleidermakrt are nicer than the staff @ Wasteland!

Posted by Ruby | April 7, 2008, 11:52 pm
  13. Reminds me of the Prada AW collection. You should totally pair it with a lace dress or skirt. It’s so pretty and I’m surprised, in such nice cond. for lace. Whenever I see lace anything in charity shops, it is either accompanied by a dubious looking stain, or torn.

Posted by Meg | April 17, 2008, 5:38 am