Like I need another vibrator in my purse….

by jennine on June 19, 2008

Lancome Vibrating Infinate Power MascaraI’m sorry, I couldn’t resist. At the Lancôme event last week, they introduced a revelation in technology, Vibrating Infinite Power Mascara. I mean, when they announced it, there were raised eyebrows in the room… like we’ve heard of vibrating lipstick (ahem… I know, dirty mind), but would you want anything vibrating near your eyes?

I was skeptical. As they passed the vibrator mascara around the room, I was afraid. Of course, often, like a monkey, I fear new technology. The French gentleman in the front, Jean-Louis Guéret creator of the mascara, looked more like a business man than a cosmetic guru… he was explaining his inspiration of creating a new interaction between women and their mascara. How we handle the brush to get between every single lash, and to try to make our lashes as long as possible.

Then, to my surprise, he started to put the mascara on one eye. Being as he didn’t have any visible lashes to begin with, he made a good example because within two minutes, he had drag queen lashes. Amazing. Then applied to a beautiful young woman, the mascara gave the effect of having false lashes.

Though I’m fickle about most things, I’ve pretty much remained faithful to Loreal Lash Architect for several years… the presentation had me not only willing to put a vibrator near my eyes, but to invest in expensive mascara (something I’d never thought I’d do again). The vibrating mascara doesn’t come out until October, so it’ll give us time to save up for a stockpile.

Lancome Vibrating Infinate Power Mascara

Jean-Louis Guéret

rebekah roy June 19, 2008 at 9:03 am

Cool! I’d try it, I’m a mascara addict!!

Liebling June 19, 2008 at 10:27 am

I LOVE the video of him putting it ON! I’ve been trying FOR-EV-ER to find mascara that doesn’t clump, and delivers on it’s promises.

I’m curious: where does this put us on the chemical scale? Do we have to compromise our no-chemical pledges to look gorgeous? Oh the agony!

Allure June 19, 2008 at 12:40 pm

LOL you made me laugh with the title

Grace June 19, 2008 at 1:39 pm

Brilliant idea, but I’m satisfied with my good old fashioned non vibrating mascara for now, I think!

jennine June 19, 2008 at 2:00 pm

ah.. it doesn’t look like it clumps that much.. i’ve always kind of liked the clumping… more like i like the volume… as for chemicals… ihave no idea, the formula isn’t completed yet!

allure! ha! well you were there… you saw it too! hahaha

winnie June 19, 2008 at 5:14 pm

haha…love the title of this post! I want to try the mascara!

Sandra June 19, 2008 at 5:44 pm

Do you have any idea how fast I clicked on this due to the provocative title? Still a cool product.

Cammila June 19, 2008 at 7:13 pm

I might try it for the novelty, but I can’t help feeling like if there were any major advancements to be made in mascara-application technology, then the market would be saturated with lots of battery operated devices for your lashes. Maybe I’m just being cynical?

Coquette Natalie June 20, 2008 at 9:04 am

I love this! Not sure I’d want something vibrating near my eye though but new technology is fascinating. The image of him putting on mascara is classic. I love the French! ;)

Harrods Girl June 21, 2008 at 6:35 am

It was pretty funny watching a man put mascara onto his own lashes!

Meg June 22, 2008 at 10:21 am

Oh I have a hard time not poking my eyes out with normal mascara, let alone one that shakes on it’s own. The last picture is v.amusing though!

sandrar September 10, 2009 at 3:05 pm

Hi! I was surfing and found your blog post… nice! I love your blog. :) Cheers! Sandra. R.

{ 1 trackback }