I’ll miss your hair hats and poodle arms….

by jennine on September 16, 2008

Last week multi-talented and ultra stylish Nagi Noda passed away from complications in surgery. She was 35. I wrote about her amazing animal hair hats just a few months ago. Other than that I didn’t know much about her until articles surface like WendyB’s hat lady post, and BoingBoing’s final video post. I must have spent the better part of the afternoon looking at all videos directed the late Ms. Noda, each having a delightful sense of humor and an overwhelmingly lovely personality. It’s a shame that I’ve gotten to be a fan just as she’s gone.

The Final Video

Meg Precious, very cute… I think I’ll start listening to Japanese Pop…

How to get Poodle Arms

Workout video with poodles. Sweet.

Drinking Soda Nagi Noda

If they aired this commercial stateside, I would have never given up on Coke.
‘It’s the right thing to do’ Sang by Jack White

WendyB September 16, 2008 at 9:44 am

Tragic, isn’t it. I wonder what the real story is. I’m a little suspicious of the cause of death until more details are given.

jennine September 16, 2008 at 9:48 am

yeah, she was way too young, and too talented to go… but i’m not sure if it’s suspicious, they said she might have known the end was near, wearing lace vicktor and rolf lashes might be a clue…

Kasey September 16, 2008 at 10:03 am

Wow I never knew who was behind the poodle arms that spread through my office emails like wild fire. Made me laugh and for that you will be missed

punky September 16, 2008 at 10:11 am

This is so sad.

WendyB September 16, 2008 at 10:17 am

It’s just a little unusual for such a young woman to die from that strange-sounding cause. And especially if she was dressed up …. Remember, the initial reports on Isabella Blow said she died from cancer.

jennine September 16, 2008 at 11:10 am

that’s right… isabella blow committed suicide, and they reported it as cancer. well, it could be the case, but i bet right now everyone is going t talk about what a bright personality she had.

man, there are so many untimely deaths this year. makes you think, doesn’t it?

Cynthia Kaboom! September 16, 2008 at 6:58 pm

Noooooooo!!!! :(

A true inspiration has passed. She will be missed…

Cammila September 16, 2008 at 9:16 pm

Oh this is so terribly sad. She was such a visionary talent, such humor and imagination.

meli September 16, 2008 at 11:27 pm

Charlotte September 17, 2008 at 4:04 am

I remember you post about those crazy hair hats!
Rest in Peace.

Imelda Matt September 17, 2008 at 6:18 am

I knew about them crazy hats but not that she was a pop star. When I first heard that she’d passed away I thought that doesn’t seem right, she was so young.

Mademoiselle Robot September 18, 2008 at 1:09 pm

I went to see an exhibition she did in Colette in Paris, I think she was such a great character & artist, what a shame. It seems that it is always the best ones who go.
RIP x

susie_bubble September 21, 2008 at 1:37 am

It was a complete shock…. wonder what sort of surgery she was undergoing

Melissa @ cancer hats February 21, 2011 at 5:52 am

This is very sad and tragic. She had such great talents and could have done more good things. =(
Melissa @ cancer hats´s last [type] ..Chemo Cancer Hat Green

{ 2 trackbacks }

• Links à la Mode : September 18th | Links à la Mode : September 18th shows | Links à la Mode : September 18th fashion shows | Fashion Shows 2010 | Fashion Show | Fashion 2010
  • Links à la Mode : September 18th | Links à la Mode : September 18th 2010 fashion | Links à la Mode : September 18th shows 2010 | 2010 Fashion Shows | 2010 Fashion Week | 2010 Shows