// you’re reading...

We could be heroes

RIP Blue Eyes

If there was one celebrity who could give me hope for mankind, that would have to be without question Paul Newman. At the age of 83, he passed away from lung cancer Friday, September 26 in his home near Westport Connecticut. Aside from being a great actor, a gorgeous man, he continually pushed himself throughout his life, He married his wife, Joanne Wooward in 1958, at the age of 47 he took up race car driving, his wife and him built an amazing salad dressing empire which donated all profits to charity. Newman was just a modern day superhero, though not in a cape and a blue spandex suit, but in real terms… staying true to himeself, helping others and keeping humble.  I’ll miss him… but thank goodness the salad dressing isn’t going anywhere.

My Favorite Paul Newman films

Cool Hand Luke (1967)

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (1958)

The Hudsucker Proxy (1994)

The Sting (1973)

Screen test with James Dean

Two of the most beautiful men that ever lived… swoon….

Share and Enjoy:
« Hardy Girl Gareth Pugh: The Best of Both Worlds Science Fiction & Costume Drama »

Discussion

13 comments for “RIP Blue Eyes”

1. I was saddened yesterday when I read the piece in the NYT on Newman’s death. I’m sorry he suffered, and it’s a serious loss.

Posted by enc | September 28, 2008, 7:03 am
  2. It is very sad :(

Posted by The Stiletto Effect | September 28, 2008, 8:26 am
  3. I was so sad to here about Paul Newman, This is a lovely picture of him! Those eyes! :o)

Posted by Quincy | September 28, 2008, 9:32 am
  4. My husband and I are also very sad. Cool Hand Luke is one of our all time favorite movies. Newman was someone to look up to - he was truly inspirational. A great loss to mankind.

Posted by Sandra | September 28, 2008, 11:21 am
  5. What a gorgeous man!
    Sigh.

Posted by SZaza | September 28, 2008, 1:02 pm
  6. I was so sad to hear of his death. He was such an inspiration - someone who really lived life to the full (such a cliche but true in this case), and such a philanthropist as well. And to sustain a 50-year marriage in Hollywood is pretty amazing as well!

And on a more shallow note … wowza! Gorgeous man.

Posted by Andrea | September 28, 2008, 3:21 pm
  7. though i wasn’t surprised by this news, because of his failing health these past few years, i was still extremely saddened. not only was he such a talented thespian, but he sincerely made such an impact on the way society thinks about organic food, which is something to be reckoned with; not many other celebrities can live up to his name in these changing times.

Posted by sara | September 28, 2008, 10:07 pm
  8. yeah, i know what you mean, he was sick for a while, and in his 80’s you can’t really expect much more than that… it still made me sad too.

@andrea.. hehe, i don’t think anyone would call it shallow to think paul newman was gorgeous, i mean there are lots of beautiful looking men, but without the personality to back it up… they can’t keep thier attractiveness… i mean, look at jude law…

Posted by jennine | September 29, 2008, 2:32 am
  9. I didn’t know anything about the salad dressing which is a shame. Perhaps, it wasn’t very well known outside the USA (?). I don’t know…I’ll miss him anyway.

Posted by Allure | September 29, 2008, 3:01 am
  10. I was sad when I heard the news this morning :( RIP - pa’newman.
    He will live forever w/his good deeds, and I will honor him everytime I buy his Newmans Own fig cookies <3

Posted by meli | September 29, 2008, 7:36 pm
  11. of course my fave movie of his with robert redford (and what a handsome pair those two are) is Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Meow!

Posted by meli | September 29, 2008, 7:45 pm
  12. What a great photo to capture a truly amazing, talented couple. It really is too sad.

Posted by ambika | September 30, 2008, 9:03 pm