The Goths and The Madras

by jennine on November 5, 2008

A pretty mixture of east and west, Madras641 so elegantly hits all the right notes in their Autumn Collection. Founded by Subu and Ina, Subu from India grew up in the garment business, and has really integrated a lot of Indian details mixed with gothic charm in her collection… I really liked this because it’s not quite boho and not really dark and drippy goth (personally, I was never really good at either, too cynical for boho, to sunny for goth) Like most of us, something in between, something ultimately more real, more harmonious and more beautiful.

Madras641.com

Share and Enjoy:
  • TwitThis

1 punky November 5, 2008 at 1:21 pm

I love m641 those girls are the coolest!

2 Mina Widding November 5, 2008 at 2:07 pm

Oh my gooooood, what lovley dresses! Thank you for this inspiration! :)

3 lisa marie November 5, 2008 at 4:57 pm

these are gorgeous. i love the lace neckline on the second dress and the fabrics look so lush and warm, perfect for the upcoming winter or first frost. and your statement about being boho or goth, has never hit closer, i always struggled with always being in between too. but clothes can be anything you want them to be and i’ve always relished in that.

4 Songy November 5, 2008 at 6:09 pm

woah. I can see myself wearing the second dress. Gorge

5 Nicole November 5, 2008 at 10:22 pm

The capturing of the tie is wondrous!

6 Cecile November 6, 2008 at 1:44 am

Beatiful looks! I love the black dress.

I have a proposition for you girl, I saw the post “What to wear to a Wedding” and I really want to know and see how or what you´ll choose to be THE ONE of the wedding,

the BRIDE!

I am doing some research for this,based in 20s style but I´m sure that you can inspire me!

;)

7 jennine November 6, 2008 at 1:54 am

@punky… I’m was looking for the M641 blouse, you have.. did you post it?
@lisamarie..oh yeah, it never stopped m from dressing goth, or hippie, i just felt like a poser. :0
@songy… the second dress is lovley!
@cecile…oh congratulations on getting married.. you know, i might well do a bridal section, after all, i have been married before… so i could do a section on brides. the wedding planning was fun!

8 jennine November 6, 2008 at 1:59 am

@cecile… the 20’s theme sounds gorgeous.

9 Cecile November 6, 2008 at 2:48 am

Actually I´m an Event Planner and this is my new project!

The 20s theme is my favourite but we didn´t want anything extraordinary, just keep it simply and lovely.

(I will do it like Carrie Bradshaw!)

I´ll wait for your brides section ;)