Happy Thanksgiving!

by jennine on November 26, 2008

Thank you for stopping by, thank you for coming back, and thank you for all the comments and inspiration you have given me over these past few years, I know for certain my life wouldn’t be the same without you. That’s a fact.

This isn’t my first Thanksgiving abroad… but it’s the first time I’m making Thanksgiving dinner abroad. In fact, it’s the first time I’ll be making the whole dinner. So for those of you who aren’t American, it’s a real important holiday…I like Thanksgiving more than Christmas… that may sound like sacrilege, but, I’m not religious… so that awkwardness is taken care of. I love having big dinners with my family, usually I’m the one on the couch eating the marshmallows that are really supposed to be in the ambrosia, and watching Sponge Bob marathons, or whatever marathon they have running on my moms cable package. It’s really just about hanging out and giving thanks… which is really the best way to celebrate life.

While a lot of you are quickly trying to tie up all the loose ends for the long weekend, I thought I’d take a ‘break’ for the weekend as well. Well, I’ll actually be working on the new IFB Newsletter coming out on Monday, so if you’re a fashion blogger and not a member,  you should really check us out.

So I really want to say thank you for stopping by, thank you for coming back, and thank you for all the comments and inspiration you have given me over these past few years, I know for certain my life wouldn’t be the same without you. That’s a fact.

Now if you will excuse me, I’ve got to figure out how to turn this pumpkin into pie… and yes, I’m still looking for a pie pan.

1 Miss Glitzy November 26, 2008 at 9:31 am

As a French, Christmas is my Thanksgiving and I love as well big dinners with my family and all the preparations before. So Happy Thanksgiving! And have a nice time.

2 Shannon November 26, 2008 at 11:02 am

If you find that pie plate, pass on the word where to find one in Germany! I have seriously looked all over, but the closest thing I can find is a torte pan, which, according to my mom, won’t really work since the pie has to rise.

Good luck!
- Shannon from Hamburg

3 Sonja November 26, 2008 at 12:05 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too! My husband favors it over Christmas as well. I’m looking forward to pigging out, lazing about, and, of course, focusing on all the things to be grateful for. :)

4 Poochie November 26, 2008 at 12:33 pm

Left you a note on the Flickr pic of how to roast that punkin’!

Let me know how it turns out.

I roasted two earlier this week and I’m just about to do 2 more.

We like our roasted pumpkin around here.

Luv
Poochie

5 thealchemist November 26, 2008 at 12:56 pm

Happy Thanksgiving, love!!

6 Retro Chick November 26, 2008 at 1:17 pm

Happy Thanksgiving!

Good luck with the dinner :o )

7 Nicole Linette November 26, 2008 at 1:18 pm

Silly as this sounds, I have finally found The Coveted and you, the creator of Independent Fashion Bloggers! :) ) Your blog is nothing short of inspirational. I hope I can blog and have a following half as well as you one day.
Have a wonderful holiday!

8 jennine November 26, 2008 at 1:31 pm

@MizzG … ooh a French Christmas dinner…. i’m already jealous!
@Shanon, we’re going on a hunt tomorrow…but if all else fails, i’ll have to use a roasting dish, which is only slightly deeper and oval. yikes!
@Sonya, mmmmm pigging out
;)
@Poochie, you are a life saver!
@the alchemist… thanks you too love!
@retro, thank you… i’m sure it will be fine, as none of my guests except rocky has ever had thanksgiving dinner.
@nicole..aww thank you… i’m sure you’ll do even better.

9 Cammila November 26, 2008 at 6:36 pm

Thank YOU for continuing to post such incredible, informative, inspiring material. I got way behind on my blog reading recently, and felt waves of gratitude just now as I had a much bigger chunk of Coveted than usual to look through. :)

10 szaza November 27, 2008 at 2:14 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Jennine! Thank you for your oh-so-fun photos and words. Good luck with the dinner :)

11 songy November 27, 2008 at 4:32 pm

J, good luck with the dinner. That makes me nervous already. We don’t have that in AU. Not sure if it’s a good thing or bad thing. Anyway, eat lots of delicious stuff and have a good time.