// you’re reading...

You are beautiful

A Fabulous Find For Thicker, Fuller Hair

Every so often I find a beauty product so wonderful that I wonder how I ever lived without it. Fortunately for me, that  happened recently when I tried Alterna Hemp With Organics Thickening Compound. Over the years, my hair has become more fine (sigh). It just doesn’t have the oomph that it once had. But after using this light cream just once, my hair looked so much thicker and fuller. It totally ramped up the volume. My hair looked so different that a friend asked me if I’d gotten a haircut. But no, all I did was apply a little of this to my scalp before I blow dried my hair and voila!

Alterna’s Global Creative Director Michael Shaun Corby says that Alterna’s thickening compound “rebuilds lost proteins due to environmental and styling damage, protecting hair from future harm, and rebuilding its structure for increased volume.”

It also provides light hold without any stiffness whatsoever, protects from UVA/UVB rays (so it’s especially good for colored hair), and is made with lots of certified organic botanicals, like hemp seed oil (which strengthens and improves hair health), white tea (which is rich in anti-oxidants), and cucumber (which is said to promote growth and prevent splitting). This is good stuff indeed.

$18 for a 5.1 ounces and $28.50 for 10.1 ounces. It’s available worldwide at high-end boutiques and salons, Fred Segal Studio, Ulta stores, beauty.com, skinstore.com, and amazon.com.

P.S. Be sure to check out our new, regularly updated Beauty Resources page for some fantastic beauty deals.

Share and Enjoy:
« Links à la Mode: The Independent Fashion Blogger Roundup Baby, It’s Cold (and Dry) Outside »

Discussion

9 comments for “A Fabulous Find For Thicker, Fuller Hair”

1. hair has also become more fine in the last few years, and although I keep swearing off trying new hair products, this one sounds too good to pass up (and, I have two coupons for PureBeauty so…!). thanks Sonja.

Posted by gail | January 15, 2009, 11:58 am
  2. ❤ Hey Gail! I know what you mean. But I was super impressed by this stuff. I was starting to think I was going to have to resign myself to flat hair – so glad that’s no longer the case. :)

Posted by Sonja | January 15, 2009, 3:23 pm
  3. well, I have massive hair …but any product with hemp is fine by me! Better for the environment!

Posted by ...love Maegan | January 15, 2009, 6:50 pm
  4. ❤ …love Maegan, that’s great! And I do agree about the environment. Be sure to check back tomorrow when I post about winter hair care and more Alterna products, some from their Hemp line and all are better for the environment.

Posted by Sonja | January 15, 2009, 7:14 pm
  5. No way. I could have volume?!
    Thanks!

Posted by szaza | January 16, 2009, 12:44 am
  6. i totally need that… seriously, if it weren’t for volume, people would see that i only have three hairs.

Posted by jennine | January 16, 2009, 8:09 am
  7. ❤ Szaza, definitely give it a try. I was very happily surprised by how it worked for me.
    ❤ Jennine, you are too funny!

Posted by Sonja | January 16, 2009, 1:10 pm
  8. OMG, I love Alterna hemp and use it every single time I do my hair curly! For straight hair, my secret is biosilk and Moroccan oil - can NOT live without the Moraccan oil that makes my hair super straight and takes half the time to dry!

Posted by Heather Poole | January 17, 2009, 6:07 pm
  9. ❤ Heather, the Hemp line is truly fabulous. Alterna rocks. Have you tried their new Caviar Anti-Aging Texture? It’s a styling creme that’s supposed to add texture, prevent frizz, and add moisture to curly and wavy hair. I haven’t tried it, because my hair is mostly straight. But the Caviar line is amazing. Be sure to check out my winter hair care article (http://the-coveted.com/blog/2009/01/16/winter-hair-care/), where I talk about several Alterna products. Thanks for sharing your styling tips!

Posted by Sonja | January 17, 2009, 11:12 pm