Wild at Heart

by jennine on January 27, 2009

I’ve had this jumpsuit sitting in my closet since June. I’ve only worn it once or twice (once in Berlin, and even there it got strange looks). As if jumpsuits aren’t controversial enough, this one has a mixture of cheetah, zebra AND snake prints on it. I wasn’t going to post it, and keep it to my lovely self  wearing it to my home office, but Swelle, Style Alchemy,  Retro Chick,  K-line,  Stylish Thought and Yasmin convinced me otherwise. (Thank you twitter for knocking me off the fence).

Animal prints have been making their rounds again. I can show you a bunch of examples, or you can take my word for it. I made the mistake once of thinking that the pattern would go out of style any second. That was 13 years ago. While Wendy insists she did NOT wear a leopard print catsuit. I might have been the only one in the audience that was hoping she was lying. Susie Bubble‘s finally come out of the closet with her animal print obsession, I wanted to bring my animal print jumpsuit out of the closet. So here I am. With an upside down cardigan. In my back yard. Sorry about my hair… it’s just not cooperating today.

Retro Chick January 27, 2009 at 8:53 am

Oh, it looks great on you! The belt and boots look great with it.

Jumpsuits have been threatening to come back for so long, I’m just totally the wrong shape for them, unfortunately!

Frankie - Swell Vintage January 27, 2009 at 8:54 am

Love it. I love jumpsuits, and you look brilliant! Thank you for showing us x

thealchemsit January 27, 2009 at 9:04 am

I’m glad you posted it!! Love the fact that it is a jumpsuit. Love the crazy ass print and the texture of the belt. Overall, love it! What I do want to know, is the top of the jumpsuit sleeveless?

MsUnreliable January 27, 2009 at 9:05 am

Love it! Definitely glad you posted it, thank you Tweeters!

jennine January 27, 2009 at 9:18 am

❤ retro chick… well, it’s not my first jumpsuit, i’ve had a few… and while wearing it alone isn’t for every shape, you can do it well if you accessorize properly. it’s like that issue i had with high waisted jeans.
❤frankie…thanks love!
❤alchemist…oh its a short sleeve jumpsuit, i wish it were sleeveless
❤ms unreliable…thank you.

Deena January 27, 2009 at 9:48 am

Love the animal print mash up jumpsuit and I am definately stealing your upside down cardigan idea.

Beka January 27, 2009 at 9:49 am

I’ve got just one word for you: Rowr!
;)

Work that jumpsuit!

Sal January 27, 2009 at 10:17 am

I’m so glad you shared. I fear jumpsuits, but am always delighted to see how amazing they can look when worn properly!

apricot tea. January 27, 2009 at 10:48 am

Only you could pull off a zebra, cheetah, snake print jumpsuit, with an upside down cardigan. Only you!

winnie January 27, 2009 at 11:12 am

Let them stare, it’s only because you look completely amazing in this animal print/jumpsuit creation.

amanda lee January 27, 2009 at 11:17 am

I think it looks amazing. I love the upside down cardi, too…I’m going to try that this week. :-)

Kimandra January 27, 2009 at 11:52 am

we love jumpsuits!

Cleo January 27, 2009 at 12:41 pm

That jumpsuit is… <3 and I’m loving the whole upside down cardigan thing! I’m so going to do that, I wonder if I’ll get any funny looks at college?

You’re stunning, by the way (:

meligrosa January 27, 2009 at 12:43 pm

maaah-velous! &those booties i like. you look great
jumpsuit & a great animal print= fun & trouble♥ watch out berlinittes!!

alixrose January 27, 2009 at 2:04 pm

Doll! You look fab! I am a lover of animal print but a jumpsuit would be maybe a little to much for me. But seeing you rock it makes me want to get my very own. No need to hide this in the closet. I am sure the looks you got weren’t ones of confusion but more on the side of envy.

jennine January 27, 2009 at 3:31 pm

❤cleo, amanda and dina…ever since i tried it with one thing.. i’ve been turning every single sweater i own upside down.

❤meli.. hahah fun&trouble…haven’t been called that in a while. ;)

eyeliah January 27, 2009 at 4:52 pm

Oh gorgeous! I don’t know if I could ever wear a jumpsuit, never tried one on before thou so who knows?

K-Line January 27, 2009 at 6:55 pm

Eeeeek! I LUV this. You are snakey delish. The belt works beautifully with the jsuit!

WendyB January 27, 2009 at 6:55 pm

Bwah ha ha! Believe me, if I were wearing a catsuit, I would be out and proud about it. You look amazing. Animal prints can never go out of style — nothing Diana Vreeland liked can ever be bad. That’s the rule.

Charlotte January 28, 2009 at 2:33 am

I love it! I was thinkin in getting me one I saw in a store. It was all black and just 9,99€!
I love the animal print, i was also a bit reticent to war it but I am glad now with my leopard prind silk dress!

Market Publique January 28, 2009 at 3:14 pm

you should wear it more often! It’s really amazing!
- Pamela

wolf February 2, 2009 at 4:26 pm

helllla cute! i have a dress in this same print actually that i call the paris hilton dress, but i actually love it, the colors are perfect

Jasmine - Fashiongrail February 3, 2009 at 11:53 am

This outfit is FIERCE!

Stylish Thought February 5, 2009 at 6:59 pm

Thanks for coming off the fence! I love it! A jumpsuit + Animal Print= jennine perfection!

{ 3 trackbacks }

• » Lets Go Disco | Лучшие новости мира моды
  • Upside Down You Turn Me « Fat Girls Like Nice Clothes Too!
  • All Snakes Day