// you’re reading...

Shoe d'jour

I Love Room Service

Well, I love saying “I love room service.” My real life doesn’t often entail room service, unless it’s me eating a bowl of cereal in bed while I’m stalking everyone on twitter.

Another thing I love….vintage shoes. If you’ve read The Coveted for very long,  you might have an inkling that I have a thing for vintage. What’s more, is reconstructed vintage. Like French Graphic artist ndeur who paints up vintage pumps like abandoned train cars, Parisian atelier Room Service takes a more dainty approach to revamping  vintage pumps. Each pair is hand jeweled with either a chain or a tassel, bringing a little bit of bling to your feet.  it’s so girly, and with all the sky high heels around (see yesterday’s post) it’s nice to take a break in something just as girly, and a bit more sensible.

Now I just wish hotel room service was sensible…or if I could get room service at home. That would be sweet.

Room Service
Atelier Vintage
52 rue d’Argout, Paris
+33 1 77 77 24 24

Share and Enjoy:
« Smelling Optimistic Elixirs of Love »

Discussion

14 comments for “I Love Room Service”

1. I love the tassels! And we all know how much I love gold chains! Another excuse for me to go to Paris… :)

Posted by Market Publique | February 10, 2009, 11:48 am
  2. I love the idea behind this- most often you see shoes upgraded by painting them, but this is such a fun and festive approach!

Posted by Ashe Mischief | February 10, 2009, 11:54 am
  3. How gorgeous are they?

Such a great way to bring new life to vintage shoes.

I’d love to go back to Paris, I must add this to my list of places to go when I go back.

Posted by Retro Chick | February 10, 2009, 11:58 am
  4. I love this idea!

Posted by Girlchile | February 10, 2009, 6:46 pm
  5. I love vintage shoes, I really do. But I can’t wear them. I have several pairs which which are almost more like works of art in my bedroom, but i get kind of grossed out by the idea of putting my feet in them. Is that weird? xx

Posted by dropdeadgorgeousdaily | February 10, 2009, 8:41 pm
  6. I’m a big fan of vintage shoes myself. Love your collection.

Posted by Brigitte | February 10, 2009, 10:23 pm
  7. I am not usually one for tassels but this is definitely stylish and wonderful.

Room service = amazing!

If only we could have it at home.

Posted by alixrose | February 10, 2009, 11:51 pm
  8. I have a thing for ugly weird shoes, I don’t know why I buy them or collect them I rarely wear them since they are too out there, hmmm maybe I should start collecting vintage shoes instead, awesome collection Jennine :3

Posted by Style Amor | February 11, 2009, 8:04 am
  9. any good boyfriend should be the room service :)

i love the idea of reconstructing vintage shoes! i’ve always dreamt of designing shoes. this would be a much easier way to do it than studying with some venice master!

Posted by violetville | February 11, 2009, 9:07 am
  10. Paris Paris Paris!! All the good stuff comes from there. I really do love all the vintage stuff you post about - I seriously need to get more into vintage a bit more, I only own a couple of things!

Posted by Cleo | February 11, 2009, 11:18 am
  11. “more into vintage a bit more” - what a spoon

Posted by Cleo | February 11, 2009, 11:18 am
  12. I love these autumnal colours - your photos are beautiful, Jennine! x

Posted by Frankie - Swell Vintage | February 11, 2009, 3:37 pm
  13. Hello Jennine,

I’m Pascale from Room Service, i ‘l like to thank you to enjoying Room Service concept : ) i’m so happy that you like!!!
    you also can join us on our facebook group “Room service Atelier Vintage “Pascale Bertea
    the phone number is not right !
    the right one is 01 77 11 27 24
    thanks a lot
    see you soon
    Pascale

Posted by Room service | February 12, 2009, 9:12 am
  14. Vintage shoes, yes… love them too! I think everyone should have a nice pair or two or three….

Posted by Leo | February 13, 2009, 12:16 pm