Hair Force

by jennine on March 5, 2009

Admittedly, I think about my hair more than what’s certifiably healthy. There are days when I look at ‘everybody else’s hair with bewilderment, ooh look at the shine, the color, the cut and style! Just gorgeous, how do they do that?

While it’s possible to have gorgeous hair, doing it on my own is a whole different story. I usually end up relying on my own crack-pot ideas of haircare. Most the time I avoid anything that could damage my hair, ie. too much washing, ironing, coloring and anything that could make my hair frizzy, the hairdryer, fog, too much washing, and doing anything that would encourage washing like products that wiegh down. Ay, ay, ay. Welcome to my neurosis. I hope you still like me.

The afternoon I spent with Modepass, they arranged for the L’Oreal Professionel Texture Experts to come in and play with our hair. They had a big pile of hairpieces which I found exciting, as I wanted a wig, or maybe even extensions… like Gala Darling does so well (she also rules pink hair). The hair dresser did a couple of vintage-inspired do’s which were fun. One wasn’t really me  as it was tres drag queen…easy to do with wigs, but these two above I liked, the upper left is something I’d like my hair to do all the time. Perhaps I’ll be like Wendy B and get myself a fauxny tail! Maybe that will solve my mental hair problems.

The Others…

They didn’t to everyone up in hair pieces… here is Balibulle, Sushi&Pedro, PunkyB, Art Trotter and Bloc-Mode

All photos by Seb Grisey

1 Alex March 5, 2009 at 6:30 am

I love the 1st pic. It has abit of a modern 60’s vibe but looks totally wearable. Sounds like a fun day!

2 WendyB March 5, 2009 at 7:26 am

*Sigh* I would love to spend a day indulging my love of faux hair. Sadly, I keep snipping away at the back of my hair which makes it infinitely more difficult to secure the famous fauxnytail. :-(

3 jennine March 5, 2009 at 8:34 am

❤ alex…yes, that’s the part i love, i wish i could do more 60’s hair!

❤wendy haha… well you can’t have too short of hair…’member what we said it does?

4 Sonja March 5, 2009 at 10:53 am

Ooooh, love the hair on the top left! What a totally fun way to spend the day! I’m at a loss for styling my own hair as well so I love it when an expert goes at it.

5 MizzJ March 5, 2009 at 10:54 am

Ooh I like that first style of yours! Very loose and romantic looking. I sympathize with your hair neuroses, I too long for perfectly coiffed everyday looks, but I’m really more of a brush and go type of gal.

6 Karina March 5, 2009 at 11:00 am

Love Love Love the 1st due! Makes me want to go out and get a hairpiece to make my hair look that full!

7 Julie March 5, 2009 at 12:28 pm

I’m obviously horrible on this picture. BUT I STILL LIKE YOU. Nothing to do with your neurosis !

8 jennine March 5, 2009 at 12:40 pm

❤sonja…oh my god, i totally envy people who are good at styling thier own hair, luckily you have nice regular hair.
❤mizzj…at least you get the brush in!
❤karina… i know! crazy huh? i was wondering why my fine hair couldn’t be so volumuous, but there it is.
❤julie, that is my favorite of you! i can change if you like. as i’ve had a number of bad photos of me posted lately. grrr…

9 Julie March 5, 2009 at 4:28 pm

oh no that’s ok, I’m not a control freak :b

10 Lani / SugarRockCatwalk March 7, 2009 at 7:43 am

I. LOVE. your hair. it’s so voluminous! i’m so jealous. coveted!

11 Balibulle March 7, 2009 at 5:29 pm