Hello Beauty: A Video Hello/Intro from Sonja

by Sonja on March 6, 2009

Hello Beauty from Sonja Shin Hodgkins on Vimeo.

Last October, I introduced myself in my first post on The Coveted. Today I have a little video to you from me – an on-camera hello with more info about me, what I’ve been up to, and a look at what’s to come with my video blogging.

I’ll be posting my videos both on Vimeo, where the quality is better, and on YouTube. I have channels set up on both. Let me know if you’re posting videos – I’d love to see what you’re up to with your vlogs.

Warning: Lots of verbal filler, like “um,” in this video – all the things I was instructed to avoid in public speaking class and what I clearly did not learn very well. Even though I have lots of experience doing short “stand-ups” on-camera, I haven’t done much speaking off the cuff on-camera. Gotta work on that.  ;)

Disclaimer: By the way, I meant to say “beauty bible.” I don’t actually think of the Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual as a bible. Seriously.

Do Tell

I have lots of things planned for upcoming beauty posts and would love to hear what you’re interested in seeing. Do tell.

P.S. Check out our regularly updated Beauty Resources page for some amazing beauty deals from companies like Benefit, beauty.com, and spalook.com.

Kayla March 6, 2009 at 5:20 am

Hi :) ! Can’t wait to see more vlogs, especially the tutorials!

Jooyoun March 6, 2009 at 1:01 pm

Great meeting you via-video :)

I feel like I know you more now! Vlogs are more personable, I think.

Jooyoun

K-Line March 6, 2009 at 9:15 pm

What a nice voice you have!

Sonja March 6, 2009 at 9:21 pm

❤ Hi Kayla! So happy you’re into the vlogs. I’ve got lots more in the works. Just shot a very cool tutorial today that I’ll be posting next week.
❤ Jooyoun, glad you liked the video. I love watching other people’s so I figured it was my turn to say hey!
❤ K-Line, thanks so much! Now I just wish I could sing with this voice. But that doesn’t appear to be in the cards. ;)

Bloggers School March 8, 2009 at 7:10 am

Way to come out swinging from contacting me on twitter to view your video and get to know you. Down to the way you put yourself out there. I can see you love your topic and your passion drives you to do it harder then most would.

Best wishes
John

Sonja March 8, 2009 at 9:38 am

❤ Bloggers School, thanks so much for the kudos and for visiting our site!

apricot tea. March 9, 2009 at 9:09 pm

My father took away my “makeup priviledges” too, when I got in trouble once. It was awful. ;/ I’ll never forget that.

Nevertheless, it is really great to see (& hear) you finally! You’re really quite pleasant! I really enjoyed the introduction. :]

Sonja March 9, 2009 at 10:30 pm

❤ apricot tea, you’re the first person I’ve ever “met” who had that punishment! How funny! It’s such a “No! Anything but that!” I’ll have to let my dad know that there’s another great mind out there that thinks like him. So glad you liked the intro! Thank you! Love your blog! Looks like we have some similar tastes. But my husband is no raw vegan. I was just talking to him about raw diets this evening and we laughed about how much we enjoy our food cooked. :)