// you’re reading...

Sweet Inspiration

Spring Fever

Do you get spring fever? I think I ask that question every spring. From what you may be able to tell, I do. Oh heck yeah. Actually, truth be told, I get excited about any change of the weather. It’s weird, I know… I guess variety is my favorite!

The first day of spring, this Saturday, we broke out our bikes and went for a ride through the forest and in the countryside. I never seem to tire of the open fields, the random tractors, horses and broken down shacks. The colors, so contrasted… the bright cheery sky and bare trees with buds forming on them. Everything is coming back to life, and it gets me excited and yes, a little spacey.

I just wanted to share with you a bit of my day, the little things outside that inspire.

What do you like to do in spring?

Share and Enjoy:

If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed or For deals too good to post in public, sign up for covetednews in your inbox! Thanks for visiting!

« Elegant Punks: A Little Chat with Felder Felder Three New, Gorgeous Glosses and Top Tips »

Discussion

28 comments for “Spring Fever”

1. Ohh, I just posted about horses tooo!!hahaha!

lovely pictures, I feel the spring too!!!

Posted by Mer | March 24, 2009, 6:37 am
  2. I also have Spring fever. I’ve been dying to go for a bike ride - first I must obtain a bike! But in Spring I like to go for long walks and spend time in the park across the street from my apartment reading. It’s still around 0 degrees here, but soon there will be leaves on the trees, and it will warm up! I can’t wait.

Posted by Alana | March 24, 2009, 6:43 am
  3. I am also having some spring fever! I can’t wait to get my coat and socks off and run around the garden barefoot, and not get a cold!

You are lucky to be in the countryside and see all the marvelous changes of season.

x

Posted by ay | March 24, 2009, 6:55 am
  4. It’s all budding here too. And my baby goat is frisky and running around. I love having the windows open as well for all the cool fresh Spring air.

Luv
    Poochie

Posted by Princess Poochie | March 24, 2009, 7:05 am
  5. Love that first pic! Variety is my favorite too. I love summer the most but usually by the time fall rolls around I’m stoked on it.

Posted by J | March 24, 2009, 7:39 am
  6. I love the feeling of change in the air that comes with spring! Thanks for sharing :)

Posted by WhatTheProsDo | March 24, 2009, 7:41 am
  7. How fun! I definitely am the same way about the changing seasons: it just excites me! Spring and autumn are my favorites, although where I’m living now the change is not as dramatic (a little disappointing…). Springtime for me is picnics, walking around national parks and enjoying the outdoors, antique markets, and afternoon tea on the porch. :)

Posted by Casey | March 24, 2009, 8:37 am
  8. The pictures are so beautiful. Yeah, I get a little loopy when Spring comes around. It’s all the sunlight!

Posted by Fajr/ Stylish Thought | March 24, 2009, 8:59 am
  9. I’m dying for Spring to arrive! It’s so cruel when it’s sunny and still freezing out. That’s all anyone in the office can talk about these days. I want to put my winter coats away for good and put something colorful on and go skip around in airy flat shoes!

Posted by Dream Sequins | March 24, 2009, 9:32 am
  10. You’re so cute in the video!

Posted by WendyB | March 24, 2009, 9:35 am
  11. I’m loving the pics you have here, especially the horses! I always get spring fever and I feel like I’ve had it since January. I can’t wait for warmer days and seeing the flowers start to bloom.

Posted by Jessica | March 24, 2009, 9:55 am
  12. Wherever did you find that song? Hilarious!
    What a wonderful way to spend the first day of spring. OOh and Flicka!

Posted by alixrose | March 24, 2009, 10:05 am
  13. Oooh, this has made me so excited about doing Spring things!

I love this time of year, it has such an optimistic looking forward kind of a feel.

I also love the print on your dress.

Posted by Retro Chick | March 24, 2009, 10:07 am
  14. SUCH gorgeous shots, lady! Thanks for sharing them. And I’ve got a bad case of spring fever myself, right down to longing to bike!

Posted by Sal | March 24, 2009, 10:19 am
  15. Aahh this post is so telling of spring :). Reminds me of georiga, where I grew up. The outfit you are wearing is so pretty, love winter grays mixed with some color and print. It really has a great winter to spring transition look!

Posted by Kathryn Elyse | March 24, 2009, 11:04 am
  16. I’m definitely getting restless and developing spring fever! I like going for long walks and admiring other people’s gardens, as well as the cherry blossoms that bloom all over Vancouver.

Posted by lisa | March 24, 2009, 11:33 am
  17. ❤ mer! great minds think alike!
    ❤ alana.. oh my, it’s still cold here too, around 4, but i psyche myself out to make believe it’s warmer! ha! anyway, i need to get my own bike too.. my old one isn’t holding up well.
    ❤ ay, oh yeah, i’m loving this year, it’s my first in the country in a place with seasons.
    ❤ poochie… aww baby goat!
    ❤ j… you and me both…
    ❤ pro… yes… the change in the air is so distinct… what is that?
    ❤ casey, oh afternoon tea on the porch, sounds heavenly
    ❤ sequins.. ha! tell me about it.. i froze today with the same mentality.
    ❤ wendy.. haha thank you
    ❤ jessica. wow, since january? i was like that in california for certain.. jan gets so glum.
    ❤ alix, oh i got that off the list of songs youtube allows you to use with your video. the original song had copyright issues which i’m sad about, but this one is funny…
    ❤ retro, oh thank you! i’m glad to spread the spring fever!
    ❤ sal, oh cool thank you..
    ❤ kathryn, yes, i’m still living in greys, but want some more colors to come out!

Posted by jennine | March 24, 2009, 11:44 am
  18. are you wearing a blazer *over* a blazer? whatever you’ve got going with the jackets + scarf, i love it.

and i’m *all* about your vlogging!! keep it up!! :)

Posted by violetville | March 24, 2009, 11:56 am
  19. Thanks for sharing! Very inspiring photos for me to get out in the sunlight, ride a bike, and wear something a little more fashionable than “work out clothes”.

Posted by Torey | March 24, 2009, 1:16 pm
  20. Such nice photos! I want to get spring fever to but it’s still pretty cold here in Lithuania… and I want to sit on the grass too! so wonderful… looking forward to warmer days…

Posted by BeautyTalk | March 24, 2009, 3:02 pm
  21. Stunning photos, Jennine! x

Posted by Frankie - Swell Vintage | March 24, 2009, 3:27 pm
  22. I had only seen that horse picture but it is so beautiful to now see the complete post here. Poetic and you look super!
    Reuniting with a friend that also lives out there is only one of the many reasons I might (more likely-to) might might get my butt out there this year. mmmh…..

Posted by meligrosa | March 24, 2009, 3:42 pm
  23. Oh boy do I EVER got the fever!

Posted by eyelial | March 24, 2009, 4:59 pm
  24. Yes - I get spring fever! These photos are contributing to it. :-)

Posted by K-Line | March 24, 2009, 6:13 pm
  25. ❤ voiletteville… oh no, it’s a cardigan under a blazer, it’s not warm enough to can the sweater just yet.
    ❤ torey… ah sunlight, i still wear workout clothes though. shhhh….
    ❤ beauty.. gues what, it’s snowing today! bah! just as soon as i post this, it snows. go figure.
    ❤ meli, if you come to germany you must say hi!
    ❤ eyelia.. i believe it!
    ❤ kline… swweet. :)

Posted by jennine | March 25, 2009, 1:28 am
  26. Wow what absolutely beautiful photographs! I am so excited that the warmer weather is finally here, and I do enjoy the in between seasons - outfits have to be far more creative, in case of sudden changes between cold and hot, so there is always wonderful layering going on. And I adore your shoes :)

Posted by dapper kid | March 25, 2009, 7:07 am
  27. wow, how beautiful! i’m green now.

i live in a place where there are no open meadows or fields, forget horses.

Posted by freya | March 26, 2009, 10:26 am
  28. Oh! Wonderful pictures! Easy to feel the spring watching them, though it is raining in here… :(

Posted by Tamara | March 28, 2009, 3:03 am