You’re Golden with Benefit

by Sonja on May 22, 2009

Golden Benefit Makeup

One of my favorite things about spring and summer is wearing golden, shimmery makeup to get a sun-kissed look. We’ve had some wonderful, warm, sunny days recently here in San Francisco so I’ve been wearing gorgeous new, golden makeup from Benefit, including their brand new Velvet Eyeshadows. I love Benefit’s whimsical, smart approach to beauty. I shot a little video to show you the subtle, golden look I’ve been sporting a lot lately and how I create it.

Here’s the video with details on what I used below…

Makeup with Benefits

This is all the fabulous Benefit makeup I used. The eye makeup is in the pic up top (except the creaseless cream eyeshadow/liner – oops). The rest of the makeup is in the pic to the left.

creaseless cream eyeshadow/liner in the new shade Samba-dy Loves Me (excellent long-wear shadow that also acts as a primer to help other shadows last longer, $19)
• New velvet eyeshadows in Bikini Line, a light, golden shade, and Rich Beach, a scrumptious bronze (these just came out – they’re amazingly silky and glide on so nicely – nine shades available, $18)
• Charcoal shadow and the great little liner brush in the new smokin’ eyes kit (such a versatile, all-in-one kit – it’s a regular part of my beauty routine, $36)
•  BADgal liner waterproof (I use this all the time – it’s a new “extra black” liner that’s super easy to use, really stays put, and doesn’t melt off in warm weather – also a SELF magazine healthy beauty award winner this year, $20)
BADgal plum mascara (one of their top-sellers – an eye-color intensifying mascara in the same fabulous volumizing, lengthening BADgal formula, $19)
CORALista box-o-powder (a new, universally flattering coral pink shade with a golden shimmer and delightful tropical scent – provides a healthy flush and lovely highlights, $28)
“hello flawless!” (a new powder foundation that’s customizable to provide a little or a lot of coverage, $34)
fantail brush (a classic, versatile brush for applying light strokes of powder – excellent for achieving a very natural look with face powder and for avoiding caking and creasing when applying powder over concealer, $22)
full-finish lipstick in the new shade Thrillin’ Brazilian (a golden, nude pink that’s so silky and creamy, $18)

Everything’s available at benefitcosmetics.com, at Benefit Boutiques, Sephora, and oodles of department stores. Be sure to check out our Beauty Resources page for special online deals from Benefit and Sephora.

Do Tell

Do you use more golden shades when the weather gets warmer? Have you tried any of Benefit’s new makeup? What do you think of the line?

You might also like this Coveted post that shows how to create smoky eyes with the Benefit Smokin’ Eyes kit: Exclusive Video Preview & Tutorial: Benefit Smokin’ Eyes.

P.S. Check out our regularly updated Beauty Resources page for some amazing beauty deals at amazon.com, beauty.com, Sephora, and more.

Share and Enjoy:

{ 1 trackback }

One Hot Unveiling from Benefit Cosmetics | THE COVETED
May 29, 2009 at 1:46 am

1 deborah May 22, 2009 at 1:20 pm

great video! you are such a pro… excellent tips and narration. and gosh, you are just so beautiful!

2 Amanda Nicole May 22, 2009 at 2:36 pm

I just recently bought my first Benefit product, and since then I’ve bought a few more - I am a total fan now. I have the Ooh La Lift, a translucent highlighter than can be applied anywhere you want to create an illusion, like nose and cheekbones. I also have the Erase Paste, a genius under eye concealer than blends perfectly and gives maximum coverage. And now I’m eying these products!

Amanda Nicole’s last blog post..slow plans

3 Sonja - The Coveted May 22, 2009 at 3:03 pm

❤ deborah, you crack me up! Thank you!
❤ Amanda Nicole, Benefit makes so many great products that it’s hard to just choose! Let me know what you think if you try any of these new goodies. It’s great to get your perspective. :)

4 msammarco May 23, 2009 at 5:32 pm

Hey, great video. Which of their under eye concealers do you like best? Or is there another brand you prefer. I’m constantly trying new ones. I’m using Boing right now, which isn’t as stable as I’d like. However, I do love the Lemon Aid.

5 Sonja May 27, 2009 at 4:34 pm

❤ msammarco, thank you! I’ve only used the Erase Paste concealer from Benefit and haven’t had great luck with it. It was a bit too thick for me so it kept getting stuck in my wrinkles. But I’m going to experiment with the Realness of Concealness kit, because it includes a bunch of concealers and eye-trickers: boi-ing, lemon aid, high beam, lip plump, and ooh la lift. Aside from Benefit, I’ve had very good luck with Awake Invention Stretch Concealer, because it provides good coverage and does a good job of moving with the skin so it doesn’t cake in my lovely new wrinkles. :)

6 Nikita October 15, 2009 at 4:41 pm

I have all of the box-o-powders from benefit, my favorite lipsticks are guilt free, make nice, and swoonderful.
I love california kissin. I use boing, you rebel, hello flawless, and badgal lash. I also have their creaseless cream shadows in RSVP, strut, and skinny jeans. My newest purchase from benefit was the one hot minute, along with a few free items such as Miss Popularity and a dual lipgloss! I love benefit cosmetics. They’re too cute to not have!

7 Sonja October 16, 2009 at 2:50 pm

❤ Nikita, wow! You are one serious fan! You’ve got to check out the new holiday products from Benefit. They have one set with three box-o-powders in one adorable set – sounds like it would be the perfect thing for your purse. It has Coralista, Dallas, and Hula – so lovely!

8 Nikita December 14, 2009 at 4:32 pm

I just purchased the new box o powder today. SUGARBOMB. Gorgeous!!!

9 Sonja December 24, 2009 at 4:09 pm

Thanks for letting me know that it came out! I’ve been curious to try it. xo