Sun Blessed

by jennine on June 2, 2009

Sunglasses are a funny thing. Every year I go through a thing where I want a special pair, and more or less they go along the same lines… brown. Maybe I go for them so they can match my hair and eyes… the camouflage strategy, yep that always works.

I’ve been ogling these Bless sunglasses since I’ve seen them in the Azita shop when I was picking up some clothes for the Beautiful Dolls shoot. They have the wayfarer shape in a sense but I love the deco-esque detailing on the bridge and the half-mirror , which doesn’t appear on any of the photos, the top half  of the  lens is mirrored, the bottom half transparent.

Also, I have to say, the square foldy glasses, behind them, also cute, but with my cheeks, not so cute on me.

Future so bright

Share and Enjoy:

1 indie June 2, 2009 at 5:51 am

Love Bless! Great choice :D

indie’s last blog post..I feel like dancing on my own, where no one knows me and where I can cause offence just by the way I look

2 Denise @ Swelle June 2, 2009 at 6:10 am

Now those are worth splashing out on. The deco detailing is really cool. I’d love to see more deco-inspired anything!

Denise @ Swelle’s last blog post..There’s Still Hope for Christian Lacroix

3 Gabrielle June 2, 2009 at 7:05 am

These are gorgeous. I’ve seen so many giant round glasses these days they remind me of flies.

i love the square frames. It screams, “i mean business!”

Gabrielle’s last blog post..CatFight! A Photo Shoot Gets Dangerous

4 Betsey J June 2, 2009 at 7:11 am

aw love!
what kind of film did you use?
it looks spectacular.

Betsey J’s last blog post..Noteworthy 6.1.09

5 jennine June 2, 2009 at 7:18 am

Indie…Bless is so cool, love a majority of their stuff.

Denise… I wish they’d bring more deco back…hopefully we’ll see more with all the 90’s revival, you know how popular deco was in the 90’s… ha!

Gabrielle…Round glasses are cool too, but yah, flies… totlally

Betsy… it’s digital… film! i wish! these pics are from my Canon powershot then processed in http://www.poladroid.net/

6 WendyB June 2, 2009 at 7:46 am

I’ve been dying for a totally square pair. I haven’t made much of an effort to look though.

WendyB’s last blog post..I’m Fairy Jealous

7 Amber at painfullyhip,com June 2, 2009 at 8:54 am

These are PERFECT.
WANT.

Amber at painfullyhip,com’s last blog post..Gypsy Melody: PHDC and Hiss and Hearse for Market Publique

8 Sal June 2, 2009 at 9:02 am

Those are simply fantastic on you, beautiful. And such fun with your beret!

Sal’s last blog post..Workwear on the Weekend?

9 Cristina June 2, 2009 at 3:44 pm

I actually went brown this year instead of black. I picked up the Zooey Deschanel Oliver Peoples ones in tortoise. They’re Wayfarer-ish, which is funny, because I’ve never really been a fan, but with a nice 60s twist to them.

10 Fashiongrail June 2, 2009 at 4:39 pm

OMG I love them!!!! Jennine, I wish they’d bring back more deco too! I’m never without my sunglasses and own about 30….definitely want to add these to my collection!

Fashiongrail’s last blog post..Celebrity Copycat: Get Sophia Bush’s Look for Under $100!

11 Sonja June 2, 2009 at 4:40 pm

How cool! They look fabulous on you! I could totally go for the black, square pair. Lovely!

12 Wendygital June 3, 2009 at 2:39 am

They’re totally cool!
I’d love to have the transparent ones with the little hinge! :-)

Wendygital’s last blog post..Veggie Barbecue Night!

13 SwanDiamondRose June 3, 2009 at 8:54 pm

i’m the same. maybe with everything in my wardrobe actually. but i go back to my aviators all the time. hmmm. i love those foldy ones.

SwanDiamondRose’s last blog post..summers i missed… [1]

14 Fenke June 5, 2009 at 1:07 pm

did you get them? cause i think you should :-) looks really good. will you be in berlin during fashionweek? we take part in wedding dress once again…

Fenke’s last blog post..Fashionable Cupcakes

15 Ariella S June 11, 2009 at 3:28 pm

These have a great, indie spirit.
These are all about moving forward by looking back.

16 Jean September 10, 2009 at 2:15 pm

Hey just wondering whut brand/model are those square black & clear sunglasses behind the Bless sunglasses in your first pic? they’re really cute!