Stolen Girlfriends Club

by jennine on June 9, 2009

So, if you’re in the stolen girlfriends club does that mean you’re the girlfriend who’s been ’stolen?’ Or the guy who steals girlfriends? Hmm… well, I was on a date with someone else when I met Rocky… but it was a MySpace date (we had mutual real life friends) and the date and I pretty much knew we weren’t meant for each other, and Rocky didn’t know what was going on… and neither did I.

What has gotten into me? Digressive writing all day… so anyway… fashion… New Zealand label Stolen Girlfriends Club has just come out with a new collection, reportedly more sophisticated than their previous collections (I don’t see it) as self-described ’sexual sportswear’ (thanks Pedestrian.tv) Sculpted puffy sleeves, sequins and neon zippers really catch my attention… perfect for looking nice with bed head.

Share and Enjoy:

1 Kate June 9, 2009 at 4:08 am

Very cool, I think it’s the neon exposed zippers that are grabbing my attention - like the brand name & love that they are kiwi too.

2 Liv Lundelius June 9, 2009 at 8:53 am

Sexual sportswear? Thats amazing!
I agree…Sex and laughing are the bests sports anyway. Great collection!

Liv Lundelius’s last blog post..surreal & weird jewelry at its best…

3 Sal June 9, 2009 at 9:41 am

Whew. I bet they’re regretting “sexual sportswear” already … but I do adore that last look. Modernized retro with the asymmetric sleeve detailing.

Sal’s last blog post..Homework That’s Actually Fun to Do

4 jennine June 9, 2009 at 10:06 am

❤ kate, i love the neon exposed zippers, just cover me in zippers thank you.
❤ liv… i know, it’s like a gym rat’s dream come true! hey babe, love your reps…
❤ sal, oh yeah, modernized retro will get me every time!

5 Heyla June 9, 2009 at 10:47 am

this label is great, have you seen the collection for FW09?

6 PinkBow June 9, 2009 at 1:38 pm

oh, i love finding out how couples met

PinkBow’s last blog post..In My Bag # 1

7 Cammila June 9, 2009 at 7:56 pm

Okay, Number 1.) “Sexual Sportswear” is maybe the best band name I’ve ever heard.

Number 2.) That first outfit looks like tweed, which doesn’t seem like a very sexually friendly fabric.

Number 3.) This makes me think of the best B-movie of the 90’s, Hackers, where the heroes place a fake personal ad expressing an interest in “leather, lace, and watersports.”

Cammila’s last blog post..The end of an era, the dawn of an age.

8 Ariella S June 11, 2009 at 3:25 pm

Perfect combination of everything. The high waisted skirt, Puffed shoulders, and cut off tops look absolutely amazing.
Fashionably loud.

9 mitica June 12, 2009 at 2:54 pm

wooow lovee these sleeves!! cool pattern!!

mitica’s last blog post..HEERING ACCESSORIZE PART II