Summer Stockings

by jennine on June 15, 2009

Summers don’t always have perfect weather. Making it impossible to really relish in skimpy summer fashion. The past few days have had sporadic bursts of torrential downpour and lightning… hence the indoor shots. On Friday, I received a lovely package fro welovecolors.com with three  pairs of tights. I already had quite a few pairs of tights from them, so it was great to get some of the more daring patterns I’ve been craving to go ahead and give them a spin.

In the past I’ve tinkered with dying tights, but these tights (in splash metallic) have a bit of impressionist/80′s abstract fabric paint style about them, and to tell the truth, methinks these black and gold tights are quite versatile in my hodge-podge wardrobe.

Here I’m breaking the blue/black rule (is there a blue/black rule?) and wearing a thrifted sheer plaid dress with a gold belt and the black tights with patent shoe boots.

...love Maegan June 15, 2009 at 9:13 am

wow …these tights are awesome! I LOVE the little dress on you too. Adorable!
.-= …love Maegan´s last blog ..Skeleton Bracelet Love =-.

Sal June 15, 2009 at 9:19 am

I’m a little jealous. Hot weather all summer means constant vigilance about leg-shaving! I’d love to be able to throw on a pair of tights once in a while …

Love the bright plaid against the dark tights. Such fun contrast.
.-= Sal´s last blog ..Already Prettypoll: Pieces vs. Combos =-.

oni June 15, 2009 at 9:23 am

i think the rule is don’t mix navy blue and black, but i do it all the time. I love this look and whoops there goes all my money on tights. I totally have been looking for a new pair and forgot about This site. Thanks for the reminder.

Denise @ Swelle June 15, 2009 at 9:29 am

When I visit home in Toronto next month I will have to wear as little clothes as possible so I don’t collapse in a sweaty mess (southern Ontario summers are extremely hot and humid). But tights and leggings come in so handy in England where I live, you almost can’t do without them.

I like the print on those tights and your dress is fantastic.
.-= Denise @ Swelle´s last blog ..Rossy de Palma and the All-American Girl =-.

jennine June 15, 2009 at 10:27 am

❤maegan, oh thanks, it used to be a long matronly dress…but we fixed that right up.
❤sal… haha leg shaving… gotta get good razors for summer!
❤oni… oh cool! navy and black… i like them together too… and yeah, money on tights, dangerous thing!
❤denise, oh yes, you never know what kind of crazy weather england will bring! ;)

WendyB June 15, 2009 at 11:34 am

Love the tights/dress combo!
.-= WendyB´s last blog ..Our Darling Clementine =-.

Sweety P June 15, 2009 at 2:10 pm

I just love this combination of the stockings and the dress!
.-= Sweety P´s last blog ..Sweety P Summer Journal: A Winding Road With Swift Floral Lanes =-.

Icy June 15, 2009 at 3:15 pm

Wow, they are so lovely. I’m always on the lookout for fantasic tights, and they certainly fit the bill.
.-= Icy´s last blog ..Surprising development, I really like ankle boots =-.

Casey June 15, 2009 at 3:35 pm

Oh wow-I adore those tights! (If only I had a reason to stock up on tights again… It’s far, far too hot here, and I really miss wearing them! :p) I especially love how you mixed the tights and dress; brilliant pattern mixing!
.-= Casey´s last blog ..a weekend at the beach =-.

Annie Spandex June 15, 2009 at 4:55 pm

I LOVE blue and black together and I think gold really pulls them together even better. :) I love the outfit!

Laurel June 15, 2009 at 7:31 pm

I break the blue and black rule almost daily! I actually remember some girls dissing a classmate’s awesome blue and black outfit back in high school… what do they know. Anyway, those tights are great!

Claire June 16, 2009 at 1:16 am

I don’t think there is a black/blue rule - I can see why it’s a slight issue with navy, but people wear black with jeans all the time!!! Love the tights.

jennine June 16, 2009 at 2:56 am

❤ casey… you’re lucky its hot here, i’m still afraid to go out without a jacket!
❤annie… gold is awesome that way
❤laurel… it’s funny how those things stick in your mind… i had a similar experience, only someone was making fun of me because my blues didn’t match…
❤claire, yeah, i can see that, only if they try to pass it off as the same thing… but yeah, i’m sure someone can pull it off just fine!

Wendygital June 16, 2009 at 4:12 am

Lovely tights indeed!
Good choice for the dress! Looks gorgeous with them!
Summer is a difficult time for it, but I’d really love to wear flowery or abstract colorful print tights with season’s dresses…
.-= Wendygital´s last blog ..Heat Wave = White Sundress =-.

dreamsequins June 16, 2009 at 11:25 pm

Blue and black is a very chic, Parisian combo. I personally love it because I love all dark colors anyway! I love those patterned tights on you!
.-= dreamsequins´s last blog ..Wishlist Wednesday: All That Glitters =-.

SwanDiamondRose June 17, 2009 at 9:58 pm

i like the idea of summer tights. i like covering up often. mesh tights would work.
.-= SwanDiamondRose´s last blog ..Elle S’Ennuie in a fairytale with her SWANclothing Louche tote =-.

Thérèsa June 22, 2009 at 1:22 pm

wow!! i love your tights, also that dress is gorgeous

{ 1 trackback }

• black tights « words kill, words give life