// you’re reading...

Today's attire

Splish Splash

Break out the tubs of Wavy Gravy, here we are in week two of tie dye splendor. Last week I got a package from Welovecolors.com and luckily the weather here has been less than perfect summer like. It really isn’t warm enough to go without tights, or trousers. Really.

One of the benefits of having a casual wedding with a dress that’s not really white, is you can wear it later. Gosh, what a practical bride I am! Here is the dress by Jennifer Gilpin I wore for my wedding, except I’m wearing it backwards… I don’t know why it occurred to me to do it that way, except that it looks somehow more casual this way. I really love the sheerish material and the Grecian like draping. The dress is simple enough to pair up with a pair of tie dyed tights without going over the top too much… something like this, unless you’re a master layerer like the likes of Susie Bubble should really be more simplified.

On a side note, I don’t know what the heck is going on with my hair.

welovecolors

Share and Enjoy:
  • TwitThis
« Proper Protection from the Summer Sun: Part Deux Shoe d’jour : Kron by KronKron »

Discussion

21 comments for “Splish Splash”

1. like it!! great outfit. side note: also like the kinda wild/messy hair

Posted by Liv Lundelius | June 19, 2009, 6:22 am
  2. I like it!
    Sweety P´s last blog ..Sweety P Summer Journal: A Winding Road With Swift Floral Lanes My ComLuv Profile

Posted by Sweety P | June 19, 2009, 7:01 am
  3. Too bad it’s been so breezy … but what a great excuse to wear those astonishing new tights!
    Sal´s last blog ..Shopping Your Dominant Season My ComLuv Profile

Posted by Sal | June 19, 2009, 7:36 am
  4. LOVE that dress. You look gorgeous and Grecian!

Happy weekend!
    Amanda Nicole´s last blog ..golf hazards My ComLuv Profile

Posted by Amanda Nicole | June 19, 2009, 8:31 am
  5. Fabulous tights!
    WendyB´s last blog ..Mad, Plaid, and Dangerous to Know My ComLuv Profile

Posted by WendyB | June 19, 2009, 9:55 am
  6. ❤ liv… thanks so much! my hair is naturally messy, even after it’s been brushed.
    ❤ sal, between me you and the lampost, i don’t mind all that much… i like it to be cold enough to wear clothes!
    ❤ amanda nicole, wendy, sweety thanks!

Posted by jennine | June 19, 2009, 10:21 am
  7. I love your hair! I think it really adds to the look :)

Posted by Lani | June 19, 2009, 10:40 am
  8. I love love love this outfit!!! I think you are making this tie-dyed situation rub off on me… and your hair is totally sexy!!

Posted by Marie | June 19, 2009, 10:41 am
  9. they look very cool…i might try to do that with some tights..i did it already with a tshirt and shredded it and with leggings, they look great,it was fun and cheap :D

Posted by Heyla | June 19, 2009, 11:04 am
  10. Love the blue tie-dye!

xoxo
    Choubelle

Posted by choubelle | June 19, 2009, 11:09 am
  11. The tights are so cute!!!
    Alicia´s last blog ..I Should Have Called in Sick My ComLuv Profile

Posted by Alicia | June 19, 2009, 11:16 am
  12. I’ve accumulated a bunch of tie dye stuff recently, must get wearing it!
    Shay´s last blog ..Jo’s Toes My ComLuv Profile

Posted by Shay | June 19, 2009, 12:41 pm
  13. ooo lovely leggings! beautifully dyed!

Posted by Lucy | June 20, 2009, 12:27 pm
  14. These tights are such a great color. They aren’t too busy, and they look fantastic with the light, simple dress. I also love the boots with this outfit. Basically, it’s a great outfit! (and I also like the hair :)

Posted by chickdowntown.com Eliza | June 20, 2009, 3:09 pm
  15. I think you are incredibly sexy.

Posted by MK | June 21, 2009, 8:00 am
  16. ❤ marie… haha, i really would love to see how you incorporate tie dye into your style, it”ll be so cool.
    ❤ shay you must!
    ❤ thanks eliza!

Posted by jennine | June 21, 2009, 8:35 am
  17. i’m so into the electric blue tights! perfect shot of color. love it!

Posted by violetville | June 21, 2009, 4:03 pm
  18. Yeah for backwards, I am a total fan. The dress is lovely and you are really swaying me to the tie dye side. The blues of the stockings are so rich. Awesomeness!
    alixrose´s last blog ..BCBG MAX AZRIA RESORT COLLECTION IS IN POUT MODE BUT YOU SHOULDN’T BE! My ComLuv Profile

Posted by alixrose | June 21, 2009, 10:31 pm
  19. What an absolutely beautiful dress, it’s so wonderfully floaty and light :) And I love the pairing with those dyed tights. Haha, and I actually really like you hair in these!

Posted by dapper kid | June 22, 2009, 10:49 am
  20. I love the leggings!!! I actually refrained from buying a pair similar to them the other night, thinking maybe I could diy…
    Annie Spandex´s last blog ..Bleached Out My ComLuv Profile

Posted by Annie Spandex | June 22, 2009, 11:34 pm
  21. That’s definitely the sweetest and practical wedding dress I’ve seen in a long time!
    the tights look fab with it! :-9