Weekend Love

by jennine on June 27, 2009

Gosh, it occurred to me that I hardly ever post on the weekends.. and I hardly every post the run of the mill outfits I wear. The outfits I wear to the supermarket.. the ones I wear for an evening stroll. The sunglasses I wear that are from Target a few years ago that take inspiration from sunglasses that were cool a few years before that. (Come on you know you have that item in your weekly rotation). The easy to wear hat that I wear to manage my hair a bit better. The shoes that slip on in a moments notice. Yeah, I don’t know why I never post these outfits… they make up a majority of the wears during the week and they aren’t newsworthy. They reflect my daily life.

The hat I’ve been wearing for a few months now, Tara-Lynn from Yarn Over Movement knitted this for me, unfortunately it went through a long journey which took over a year to get on my head, so I’m wearing it now as the weather is so sporadic (yesterday super hot and sunny, today… meh). The cardigan, tank and shoes are from the flea market, scarf from H&M, and jeans Era of Chaos from LF.  Too bad the lighting in the upper right photo doesn’t follow me around…. I’d like that very much.

This morning, Rocky and I stopped by the bakery, and I always see these jam-heart cookies…. so we got one to see if they taste as good as they look. (and they do).

heart cookie
Have a lovely weekend!

Leia June 27, 2009 at 8:49 am

Oh my, you are so cute! That biscuit looks delish too.
Leia´s last blog ..Fashion in Politics: Jackie Kennedy My ComLuv Profile

Carla June 27, 2009 at 9:26 am

Very cute! I love your scarf. It must be cool where you are. :)
Carla´s last blog ..Thursday Link Love – green jobs, junk mail, vodka and more. My ComLuv Profile

sar. June 27, 2009 at 9:46 am

how sweet - and, you look so effortlessly chique, i’d be proud of myself looking like that on the way to the shops! the biccie makes a yummy accessory…

...love Maegan June 27, 2009 at 10:26 am

so cute! …as well as the commentary :) Happy Weekend!

Alicia June 27, 2009 at 11:03 am

I love it; your weekend outfits look just as put together. =D
Alicia´s last blog ..Off The Wall My ComLuv Profile

jennine June 27, 2009 at 11:48 am

❤ oh the cookie/biscuit… delish… i highly recommend them!
❤ carla… haha can i put that on my resume? ‘i was called effortlessly chic once.’ sounds’ good doesn’t it?
❤ thanks alicia… it is sort of put together, until you see how ragged the tank top is…
;)

noa June 27, 2009 at 11:49 am

So cute! love your blog by the way

noa´s last blog ..Rose romance My ComLuv Profile

Amika June 27, 2009 at 1:52 pm

Oh what a lovely cookie, the first picture is absolutely adorable! I have been slaving all morning in the kitchen to make fresh strawberry jam wich was fun & we even have some left overs to make delicious milkshakes with mmmh.

Fashiongrail June 27, 2009 at 2:28 pm

Oh how I wish I could raid your closet! Love the hat and your flea market finds:)
Fashiongrail´s last blog ..Fabulous Wedges Under $100 My ComLuv Profile

Shay June 27, 2009 at 5:17 pm

you look absolutely beautiful in these pics. The hat is such a perfect colour, bet it goes with everything!
Shay´s last blog ..Artistic My ComLuv Profile

maria June 27, 2009 at 5:54 pm

This may be your casual weekend outfit, but you still look fabulous!! I love those jam cookies, soooooo good!
maria´s last blog ..Saturdays at the Beach My ComLuv Profile

Meg June 27, 2009 at 8:28 pm

Those cookies look yummy! I love your hat.
Meg´s last blog ..101st post My ComLuv Profile

The Fashion Inquisitor June 27, 2009 at 11:05 pm

I absolutely love your outfit =] and you are a gorgeous woman =] And Delicious cookies how much better could you make it haha
The Fashion Inquisitor´s last blog ..Raf Simons Spring 2010 My ComLuv Profile

jennine June 28, 2009 at 1:33 am

❤amika.. STRAWBERRRY JAM@!!!???! i’ll be stopping by your house soon.
❤fashiongrail… oh well youre welcome anytime… it’s a big mess though!
❤shay… it does! tara-lyn picked the perfect color for me!
❤ thanks maria! the cookies are strangely addictive!
❤thanks meg!
❤fashion inquisitor…ahhah i don’t know. thank you. :)

Katarina (bjooti) June 28, 2009 at 4:33 am

You are so gorgeous! If I was superrich I’d hire you as my personal stylist. My wardrobe needs you!
Katarina (bjooti)´s last blog ..JK Jemma Kidd hos ASOS My ComLuv Profile

Freya June 28, 2009 at 8:14 am

such a pretty smile in the first pic
Freya´s last blog ..The Sunday Reporter My ComLuv Profile

Winnie June 28, 2009 at 10:12 am

You look lovely in that knitted beanie. Those cookies look delish!

dapper kid June 28, 2009 at 2:27 pm

Everyday outfit or not, I really like this! That knitted beanie is lovely, and those shoes are fantastic. Oooh and a home made Jammie Dodger!! Hope you’re having a wonderful weekend :)
dapper kid´s last blog ..Take Me To The Sea My ComLuv Profile

Grace June 28, 2009 at 6:34 pm

I love the pastries! Adorable.

Love Grace.
Grace´s last blog ..All That Glitters My ComLuv Profile

C June 28, 2009 at 11:12 pm

I really like it.It’s like comfy and has a bit of boho style in it. you look super cute ^^
C´s last blog ..Hedwig’s Theme My ComLuv Profile

alixrose June 28, 2009 at 11:49 pm

You are too freaking cute. I love the hat, but I can never wear them I feel like its always going to fall off. #freakishbighead - yes hashtags rule me.

I want a cookie.

trinsch June 28, 2009 at 11:55 pm

you look darling! love the hat, love the shoes. and i’m sure i’d love the cake too :)

PlanVintage June 29, 2009 at 12:00 am

delicious! you and the biscuit!
PlanVintage´s last blog ..Vintage Ladies Off-White Woven Gloves My ComLuv Profile

Wendygital June 29, 2009 at 2:02 am

Oh, that first pic is SO cute! :-)
I love this everyday outfit!
I think it’s not the clothes we wear, but the way we wear it, even if it’s just a pair of old jeans or some pj’s (or whatever)…
And that cookie looks yummy! :-)

tara-lynn June 29, 2009 at 2:20 pm

hey hun, you look fabulous as ever!
thanks for the shout out & the beret is a perfect fit, i’m thrilled it FINALLY did find its way to you!
ps. i’ve re-listed the classic ribbed beret in my etsy yarnovermovemnt shop for all your lovely blog readers, so that they can grab it up for the next few days dirt cheap, in honor of your blog!
tara-lynn xo
cookie looks so damn tasty too
tara-lynn´s last blog ..on my bookshelf: colette My ComLuv Profile

Sonja June 29, 2009 at 7:55 pm

Love these pics! You look sooooo adorable!!
Sonja´s last blog ..Eco-Fabulous Tarte Treats for Summer My ComLuv Profile

SwanDiamondRose June 30, 2009 at 4:05 pm

i love you casual! you look great. i want that cookie!

SwanDiamondRose June 30, 2009 at 4:08 pm

just a p.s. question but i don’t think my last blog posting title shows up under my comment. did i do something wrong? like miss a sign up thing? signed… befuddled!
SwanDiamondRose´s last blog ..the shirt i didn’t get on Etsy and now it’s gone… My ComLuv Profile

SwanDiamondRose June 30, 2009 at 4:16 pm

oh… wait there it is now. i am unbefuddled!

annie July 14, 2009 at 7:02 pm

where did you get your shoes?