// you’re reading...

Designers

Deconstructed Monday

If life were an episode of Sesame Street, and if Sesame Street was about fashion, the word of the day would be ‘deconstructed.’ Quite honestly, I can’t tell you how many times I heard that word in the past week, but I can tell you I heard it a lot. If we didn’t get enough of slashing our tee shirts the past year or so, or ripping up our jeans, I tell you it’s not about to be over, not even close, as Anne-Sofie Back the new Creative Director at Cheap Monday, this SS10 collection is all about deconstruction (along with a whole slew of upcoming collections). To be honest, I find this quite relieving this collection is a beautiful combination of slasher rock chick, with a delicate Holly Hobby twist. I quite like the  floral patch jeans and the slashed skirt… something well beyond my own rotary cutter skills. These will be available on Coutie.com, ahem, next year.

Share and Enjoy:
  • TwitThis
« Sail away with me…. Lala Berlin »

Discussion

12 comments for “Deconstructed Monday”

1. i love the jeans with patches!!

check out my shredded t-shirts you may like something ;)

C´s last blog ..DIY Recap My ComLuv Profile

Posted by C | July 6, 2009, 1:56 am
  2. Oh this collection makes me want to get out my scissors for a bit of DIY style. I wasn’t so sure about the patchwork jeans at first but, they do work really well with the grey slashed stuff which gives them a harder rockchick edge so they are not too Holly Hobbyish.
    Ceri´s last blog ..Clothes Swap for Team Green Britain My ComLuv Profile

Posted by Ceri | July 6, 2009, 2:26 am
  3. I like the patched jeans…can’t see myself wearing them, but they’re nice to look at.
    WendyB´s last blog ..Multiplication Rock My ComLuv Profile

Posted by WendyB | July 6, 2009, 6:09 am
  4. I never thought I’d like floral patchwork jeans - yet here I am rather attracted to them!
    Queen Michelle´s last blog ..Ancient Relics My ComLuv Profile

Posted by Queen Michelle | July 6, 2009, 8:14 am
  5. I love that shredded skirt! It’s like a punk rock fairy skirt or something.
    Michelle´s last blog ..Marvelous Monday! My ComLuv Profile

Posted by Michelle | July 6, 2009, 9:58 am
  6. Ooooh, I adore the floral patchwork jeans!!
    maria´s last blog ..Fourth of July: Part 2 My ComLuv Profile

Posted by maria | July 6, 2009, 10:16 am
  7. ❤ c…what a great shop!
    ❤ ceri… so true, the patchwork could go either way, but with the slashes, it’s a very dualistic approach, i like, i like
    ❤ wendy, you’ll proably change your mind by the time they come around… i’ve already warmed to them, and at first, i was like no way.
    ❤ queen michelle… oh, i can see you style them very well!
    ❤ michelle, punk rock fairies are the best arent they?
    ❤ maria.. ahha me too.

Posted by jennine | July 6, 2009, 10:26 am
  8. She’s heading Cheap Monday now? How cool!

I kinda dig the patchwork jeans…I wonder if she’ll do a set in a different print.
    Alicia´s last blog ..Talonalia (Pt.2) My ComLuv Profile

Posted by Alicia | July 6, 2009, 10:48 am
  9. Destroyed, I dislike. But deconstructed - especially in these artfully done pieces - I adore.
    Sal´s last blog ..This week I love … My ComLuv Profile

Posted by Sal | July 6, 2009, 11:17 am
  10. I love those patchwork pants.
    so girlie & edgy all at the same time.
    Betsey J´s last blog ..Blackberry Bling My ComLuv Profile

Posted by Betsey J | July 6, 2009, 12:36 pm
  11. AWWW next year? that’s so long to wait…i really love waht ann sofie back’s done.
    adreamer´s last blog ..In the jungle, the mighty jungle My ComLuv Profile

Posted by adreamer | July 7, 2009, 1:43 am
  12. I love the last pair of jeans!
    Meg´s last blog ..Best Dress of June 2009 My ComLuv Profile