She’s a Style Hurricane

by jennine on July 22, 2009

3592091311_334889bcab_o

When I came across Style Hurricane, I immediately fell in love with the beautiful pictures and inspiring DIY projects. It really wasn’t until I looked closer that the blogger behind this,  Anni J. at 13, started her own collection of handmade accessories. Anni’s hand-crafted jewelry takes simple motifs, like zippers, studs beads and works them with leather in beautiful abstract forms. She sells them locally in her town in Estonia, and is planning on selling her pieces on Etsy when she finishes her collection, so here’s a preview!

I wanted to touch upon the rise of the ultra young blogger/designer, because of some controversy I’ve seen around this. Sometimes I’m not even sure where I stand on it, so I’ve decided to take this on a case-by-case basis. It should come as no surprise there are exceptional young people, there are exceptional old people, and we should try not to a blind eye or sensationalize someone because of their age. Anni is obviously talented, down to earth, intelligent…  when she contacted me  in her near-perfect English she was absolutely lovely. Her style is age-appropriate (whatever that means!) and very inspiring. I love her jewelry, and believe it’s post worthy in it’s own right.

style hurricane
3734843840_870d621c1f_o
style hurricane
style hurricane

Ashe Mischief July 23, 2009 at 5:24 am

To have that kind of focus, inspiration, dedication and creativity when I was 13! Gah. When I was 13, I still wanted to play with Barbies but didn’t because it wasn’t cool anymore.
.-= Ashe Mischief´s last blog ..ArtFire Handmade Marketplace – Interview with the Founder! =-.

Alicia July 23, 2009 at 9:20 am

That is amazing. I love young talent and her stuff is pretty cool.
.-= Alicia´s last blog ..Chictopia =-.

huongface July 23, 2009 at 10:37 am

love it!
.-= huongface´s last blog ..De Anza human sexuality project =-.

Fashiongrail July 23, 2009 at 11:58 am

Love the leather cuff!
.-= Fashiongrail´s last blog ..Celebrity Redo: Charlize Theron =-.

Mary-Jo July 23, 2009 at 12:01 pm

She’s an inspiration! At 13, her work is amazing — she will a force to recon with when she finishes school. Wow!
.-= Mary-Jo´s last blog ..ADJUSTABLE Sterling Silver Wire Wrapped Ring with Goldstone Accent …Alchemy Collection =-.

maria July 23, 2009 at 12:29 pm

She is lovely and very talented. I adore the zipper scroll cuff. It’s so tough and yet so beautiful.

I agree, I sometimes think bloggers can focus too much on a persons age and give it more importance than it deserves.
.-= maria´s last blog ..More Ferragamos and Blog Awards =-.

...love Maegan July 24, 2009 at 11:02 am

oooh yes! so fab!
.-= …love Maegan´s last blog ..Completely Gratuitous Outfit Post =-.

trinsch July 26, 2009 at 12:49 am

wow! so talented. wish i’d been that cool at 13 ;)

{ 3 trackbacks }