Vintage Femme

by jennine on July 29, 2009

ld4

laura dolsThe morning after Lichting, I had free to roam around Amsterdam. Unfortunately it rained, but I was determined to make it out there, for at least a few hours. Upon recommendation from Eva at G-Star, I checked out the lovely Laura Dols vintage boutique in the 9 Streets district. Of all the vintage shops I’ve been to in my entire life, this shop is in a class all it’s own. Superbly girly, ruffly, embroidered and lacy the shop oozes femininity of years past. I just fell in love with the pastel colors, the chiffon flowered hats, and dainty shoes. Unlike a lot of vintage shops, this one is well-edited, it smells nice, and the price points are reasonable, and in my experience, most vintage shops have one or two of the three, but never all three.

Since this will probably be my last shopping venture in Europe before we head back to the States, I wanted to get something that I couldn’t get stateside. I kind of wanted to get something Dutch, but ended up getting an embroidered blouse marked Linz which probably means it’s from Austria, or maybe Linz am Rhein… but I have a feeling not. I also picked up a vintage brassiere, which I’m wearing here as a tank underneath the super cropped embroidered blouse. Both of them together cost me about €20.

Here I’m wearing the blouse and brassiere (as a tank) with a thrifted plaid skirt and second hand Ferragamos, and a Basque beret found in the closet. The bird pin is from Stories by RikkeMai and I’m also wearing a bow ring, but somehow it didn’t make it all the way into any of the photos. Woops. Anyway, I realize I’m a bit matchy-matchy but I kind of miss matchy-matchy, it seems easier in a way.

ld2
vintage clothing
ferragamo

Susiii July 29, 2009 at 3:50 am

T’es française?

Miss Glitzy July 29, 2009 at 4:18 am

I will visit the shop next time I’ll be in Amsterdam. I find the brassiere really cute and the Ferragamos awesome of course!
Miss Glitzy´s last blog ..Tian My ComLuv Profile

Leia July 29, 2009 at 4:24 am

I love matchy matchy! And you look fab. Especially love the red lips :)
Leia´s last blog ..Sheer Romance My ComLuv Profile

Wicked Halo July 29, 2009 at 4:52 am

how tres chic! Love love love your shoes :)
Wicked Halo´s last blog ..Selling fairytales My ComLuv Profile

diana July 29, 2009 at 5:03 am

you look so chic! LOVE THE LIPS :)
diana´s last blog ..The New Workspace My ComLuv Profile

Catwalk Creative Vintage July 29, 2009 at 5:15 am

Pretty outfit. I LOVE Amsterdam! Heading over there again next year. Great post!

Sweety P July 29, 2009 at 6:10 am

Black and White is so classic! You look so poise and polish in your outfit!
Sweety P´s last blog ..Google Disappoints, but New Blog is Born My ComLuv Profile

WendyB July 29, 2009 at 6:18 am

That blouse is adorable.
WendyB´s last blog ..Leader of the Pack, Part II My ComLuv Profile

Fashiongrail July 29, 2009 at 6:57 am

Love it!
Fashiongrail´s last blog ..Celebrity Copycat: Jordana Brewster’s Look for Less! My ComLuv Profile

Ashe Mischief July 29, 2009 at 7:03 am

I ADORE this look- there’s something so classic about it, so authentic in its look, and it’s perfect.

Matchy-matchy is too under-rated, I think. I love some good contrast, but… matching works.
Ashe Mischief´s last blog ..OMG Shoes! FLUEVOG FLUEVOG FLUEVOG Edition My ComLuv Profile

K-Line July 29, 2009 at 7:13 am

Absolutely gorgeous. The beret caps it off perfectly - no pun intended!
K-Line´s last blog ..Looking for a Red Designer Bag? My ComLuv Profile

LauraKitty July 29, 2009 at 7:51 am

Great outfit! I always wear everything matching as it looks more chic to me.
LauraKitty´s last blog ..Erdem + Smythson = Love! My ComLuv Profile

amy July 29, 2009 at 7:59 am

You look positively lovely! The embroidered top is out of this world.
amy´s last blog ..brown brown beads My ComLuv Profile

jennine July 29, 2009 at 8:03 am

oh my goodness! thank you os much for the lovley comments!
❤ susii…ironically the only thing french is the bow ring which isn’t showing…but i like the frenchy style!
❤ miss glitsy… you must!
❤ leia… oh cool! matchy matchy must make some kind of return… it must!
❤ wicked halo, i had those for ages, and once i brought them out of hte closet, they’ve been worn several ties…
❤ diana…ah! but youre the red lipped queen!
❤ catwalk..oh amsterdam is such a beautiful city!
❤ sweety… i look polish? ;)
❤ wendy thanks love!
❤ ashe…oh thank you! i felt like i was returning to something hen wearing this outfit… i haven’t quite figured it out though…
❤ k-line.. i love puns!
❤ laura kitty… absolutely or put together or considered, all things that lead to more chic…

SwanDiamondRose July 29, 2009 at 8:17 am

i want the shoes. i love the lacey jacket. you look lovely :)
SwanDiamondRose´s last blog ..The Wind in the Willows. fashion? a drunken sartorial toad? what? [2] My ComLuv Profile

dreamsequins July 29, 2009 at 8:26 am

Matchy-matchy is pretty in some ways. Especially if you mix up the textures as you’ve done here. Love that lipstick on you, BTW.
dreamsequins´s last blog ..Sign(s) of the Times: The Windows of West Broadway My ComLuv Profile

Sal July 29, 2009 at 8:56 am

What an ensemble! The blouse is stunning, and the bird brooch is the perfect finishing touch.
Sal´s last blog ..Reader Request: Great Glasses My ComLuv Profile

ribbonyboo July 29, 2009 at 8:57 am

love the top.. and ur red lips..
ribbonyboo´s last blog ..bonjour, mesdemoiselles My ComLuv Profile

Jess July 29, 2009 at 9:25 am

you look spectacular! i love the ruby red lips, it compliments the matchy matchy :)
Jess´s last blog ..reminder: krochet kids party @ boconcept - this sat My ComLuv Profile

Meg July 29, 2009 at 10:04 am

Sounds like a gorgeous vintage boutique.
Meg´s last blog ..New clothes! My ComLuv Profile

jennine July 29, 2009 at 12:10 pm

❤swan, oh thank you! it’s actually a blouse, but i’m wearing it as a jacket, ti’s the only way….
❤dreamsequins, oh yes, if you’re going to do matchy matchy you have to mix it up with texture…
❤sal… everyone needs a nice birdpin somewhere!
❤ribbon and jess…thanks! i love red lipstick!
❤meg… it is!

Sheena July 29, 2009 at 12:18 pm

Lovely outfit! I especially love the shoes. They looks so comfortable yet chic. The Laura Dols boutique looks like it had some great finds even from just looking at the pictures.
Sheena´s last blog ..It’s the Little Things My ComLuv Profile

maria July 29, 2009 at 1:25 pm

You look so gorgeous in these photos. That first one in particular in stunning with the woods!

I adore the matchy matchy b&w ensemble!! I seriously adore your ferragamos!!
maria´s last blog ..What They Wore Today: 07.29.09- J.Crew is Hard to Resist My ComLuv Profile

Alicia July 29, 2009 at 9:27 pm

I love this look. The sassy red lip is just icing on the cake!
Alicia´s last blog ..Black & White (Not Really…) My ComLuv Profile

Lani Nguyen July 29, 2009 at 9:44 pm

too cute! as always. ;) the shoes, lipstick, all of the details in this look work.
Lani Nguyen´s last blog ..Daffy’s Designer Deals & Apt Steal My ComLuv Profile

hauteworld July 30, 2009 at 12:15 am

Congrats on the purchases! I used to live in Amsterdam, and the Nine Streets were my favorite place to stroll. Did you manage to go to both Laura Dols stores? I have a friend who even managed to get her wedding dress there. In any case, fab look!
hauteworld´s last blog ..Comptoir des Cotonniers (Paris, France) My ComLuv Profile

Allure July 30, 2009 at 5:12 am

What a lovely blouse! As you said it’s hard to find vintage shops like that.
Allure´s last blog ..I’m back! My ComLuv Profile

jennine July 30, 2009 at 6:40 am

❤hauteworld…oh yes, i went into both..it was hard to resist the vintage swimming caps in the other store!

LadyLUX July 31, 2009 at 11:39 am

Thanks for sharing this! Gorgeous styles. We are seeing a lot of variation on updated vintage styles. We reviewed Ana Walsh from Buenos Aires here: http://www.ladylux.com/style/site/article/lux-style-files-eco-lux-buenos-aires-designer-ana-walsh-offers-new-fashion-
LadyLUX´s last blog ..LUX-Update:  Christian Lacroix Has Serious Bidders My ComLuv Profile