Review of the New Bobbi Brown Nude Collection with Video Tutorial

by Sonja on August 3, 2009

Bobbi Brown Nude Collection - Fall 2009

Pioneer in nude makeup Bobbi Brown introduces a new, Nude Collection for fall. Every year Bobbi creates a different nude collection. This one includes an exquisite eye shadow palette that combines a variety of textures and finishes, a new shade of her best-selling Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner, a new Shimmer Brick, and four new shades of her amazing Creamy Lipsticks.

I’m a huge fan of nude makeup, particularly from Bobbi Brown, so of course, I adore this collection. Any woman can wear these colors and look stunning. Nude shades are so versatile. Create a soft, natural look or go for elegant drama by playing up the eyes. “Nude makeup never goes out of style,” Bobbi says. “It’s polished, sophisticated, and always looks modern.”

Today I have details on the collection and a video with a makeup lesson from a Bobbi Brown makeup pro.

About the Collection

Bobbi Brown Nude Collection - Fall 2009Nude Eye Palette. I can’t get enough of the new, limited-edition Nude Eye Palette. It comes with six essential colors to create a complete look – a matte cream, all-over base shadow (Navajo, far left), three shades to add shimmer and sparkle (Pebble, Beige Linen, Maple Sugar), a matte taupe that’s perfect for contouring (Chino), and a deep black-brown to add definition (Caviar, far right). Everything comes in a Three-Pan Palette that can be refilled with any Bobbi Brown Eye Shadow and Blush shades. It’s also an excellent value at $60.

Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Caviar Ink. There’s also a beautiful new shade of Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner ($21) called Caviar Ink, which is a rich, deep black-brown that’s a lovely, softer, warmer alternative to black. These liners are perfect if you want color that’s easy to apply and doesn’t budge or flake.

Nude Shimmer Brick. Bobbi also adds to her collection of gorgeous Shimmer Bricks with the new limited-edition Nude Shimmer Brick ($40). Swirl together the five strips of finely milled pearl pigments in pink, gold, bronze, beige, and caramel to give a soft, nude, lit-from-within glow. Also try the individual shades on the eyes as sheer shadows.

Creamy Lipsticks. I love Bobbi’s Creamy Lipsticks ($22). They’re incredibly moisturizing and stimulate collagen to make lips look fuller. There are four wonderful new shades – from pinky tones to a deep nude. My favorite is Rosebud (second from the right in above pic), which is a deep, nude pink.

Makeup Lesson Video

To show you the collection in action, I shot a makeup lesson with super talented Bobbi Brown Education Executive Katrina Rau. She shows how to create a beautiful nude look with great tips on how to go nude without looking washed out.

Bobbi Brown Face Chart - Fall Nude Collection To see everything Katrina used, click on the face chart at left. Everything’s available now at Bobbi Brown counters and online.

Coming Soon

Bobbi has another new collection for fall called Ivy League with new colors and a host of new easy-to-use eye and lip pencils. I’ll be visiting Katrina again soon to get a closer look and shoot another makeup lesson.

Do Tell

What do you think of the Nude Collection? Are you into nude shades? Do tell.

P.S. Check out the newly updated Beauty Resources page for some amazing beauty deals from amazon.com, beauty.com, Bobbi Brown, Sephora, and more.

{ 5 trackbacks }

Links à la Mode: Feminine Mystique « A Typical Atypical
August 6, 2009 at 4:12 am
Links à la Mode : Alexander MqQueen Clutch, Modern Pearls and More
August 6, 2009 at 9:38 pm
IFB Presents: Links á la Mode | dramatis personae
August 7, 2009 at 8:04 am
WorkChic.com Blog » Blog Archive » Links à la Mode: Workchic featured!
August 8, 2009 at 3:35 am
Style Symmetry » Links à la Mode: IFB Weekly Roundup
October 27, 2010 at 2:16 pm

1 Ms Glitzy August 3, 2009 at 2:33 am

I love nude makeup! It’s my daily look to the office. The blusher and lipstick looks good on you!
Ms Glitzy´s last blog ..Itacho Sushi at ION Orchard My ComLuv Profile

2 Make Do Style August 3, 2009 at 5:46 am

Don’t! You’ve made me want more of her gorgeous make up
x

3 Sal August 3, 2009 at 8:07 am

It all looks GORGEOUS on you, gal. I love an understated look, so this is right up my alley.
Sal´s last blog ..Body, Style, Body My ComLuv Profile

4 Renata August 3, 2009 at 9:49 am

That was just amazing, Sonja! I really loved the style and all the tips. Speacilly using my thumb to protect my eye lid from the eyelash.

And you looked lovely! But, I wonder if these colors would work for a darker skin girl like me.

xoxo
Renata´s last blog ..churrasco [Flickr] My ComLuv Profile

5 Sonja August 3, 2009 at 10:39 am

❤ Hey, Ms Glitzy! Thank you!
❤ Make Do Style, I know what you mean!
❤ Thank you, Sal! These would look fabulous on you!
❤ Renata, thank you! I think you should definitely try the collection. She did design it for a variety of skin tones. I think they would be really beautiful on darker skin.
Sonja´s last blog ..Resistance is Beautiful My ComLuv Profile

6 Tami August 3, 2009 at 10:50 am

another super fun tutorial - thanks Sonja! :)

7 Miss Jen August 3, 2009 at 11:29 am

How pretty! I love the nude shades in the summer- clean, natural, and pretty!

I’ll definitely check out bobbi’s new collection. Meanwhile, I fell in love with Korres’ products- its cherry lip gloss in #33 (nude) is just gorgeous! Korres’ pomegrante lip butter also became life saver for chapped lips (a good combo with the lip gloss- it also doubles up as a check stain).

Thanks again for the update, Sonja! Will look into the bobbi’s nude eye palette!!!

8 Sonja August 3, 2009 at 11:42 am

❤ Thank you, Tami!
❤ Thank you, Miss Jen! These colors would be stunning on you with your lovely warm complexion. And thanks for the tips on the Korres products. Will have to try those.
Sonja´s last blog ..Resistance is Beautiful My ComLuv Profile

9 Alicia August 3, 2009 at 6:13 pm

Gorgeous!!
Alicia´s last blog ..For My Twitterati… My ComLuv Profile

10 Connie August 3, 2009 at 8:55 pm

Sonja - thanks for the make-up lesson! I’ve been using this palette almost daily since I bought it!

11 Nicole August 4, 2009 at 12:50 am

I love make-up tutorials. You looked really amazing. I liked her tip for the brows.
Nicole´s last blog ..Fashion No Go? - Sienna Miller My ComLuv Profile

12 Sonja August 4, 2009 at 8:26 pm

❤ Thank you, Alicia!
❤ Connie, you’re very welcome! I’m the same way. Can’t stop using the collection. Everything looks amazing. The eye palette especially is a total essential.
❤ Nicole, thanks so much! I love Katrina’s brow tips, too. I’ve learned so much from her.

13 Cate August 8, 2009 at 12:19 pm

Just bought the shadow palette a couple of weeks ago and will put this video to use before I go to a wedding today. Perfect timing! Thanks!
Cate´s last blog ..75 hours… 7 burritos… My ComLuv Profile

14 Sonja August 9, 2009 at 12:51 pm

❤ Cate, I’m sure it will look great on you! Hope the video is helpful. Katrina always has good tips.

15 Sugarcrumb August 10, 2009 at 5:53 am

Hi Sonja,
i was wondering, since you’ve reviewed both Benefit’s One Hot Minute and BB’s Nude Shimmerbrick, which would be better for an NC43 skintone as an allover glow (i.e for the whole face and not just cheeks and forehead)? thanks much =)

16 Luika September 12, 2009 at 10:24 am

This was such a great video! I just ordered the gel eyeliner in Caviar Ink & am impatiently awaiting it in the mail. I’m thinking I shouldn’t have watched this though because now I’m dying to go out and get that gorgeous eye palette! ;)

17 Sonja September 13, 2009 at 3:40 pm

❤ Sugarcrumb, so sorry for the slow reply. I’m just seeing your comment. The BB Shimmerbrick and Benefit One Hot Minute are very different. The BB Shimmerbrick provides very sheer color and a good dose of shimmer. Benefit OHM provides a sheer bronze with very subtle shimmer. The OHM would be better all over the face to give a touch of color and subtle glow. The Shimmerbrick can be used all over but I think it works best in specific areas you want to highlight. Hope that helps!
❤ Luika, Thank you! That’s a great eyeliner – such a nice color. You should definitely get the eye palette. It’s sooo pretty. I don’t think anyone could go wrong with this palette. :)
Sonja´s last blog ..DVF My ComLuv Profile

18 Mariana November 10, 2009 at 1:01 pm

I really love make up tutorials!! Could you please do one for the new chrome collection??

19 Sandy November 24, 2010 at 2:07 am

Hi, I was wondering if the nude collection comes in the whole packet or do you have to buy them separately? Thanks :)