The Beautiful South

by jennine on August 5, 2009

creole collection
You might be wondering what the hell is going on here, one day hand-dyed, the next vintage, the next post-apocalyptic and now utlra girly? Well, yeah, I’m eclectic, and chances are you are too.. and the Creole Collection has a little bit of each of the elements posted about this week. That and thanks to Ashe Mischief, I’ve been sucked into watching True Blood, so I’m a little bit Southern obsessed these past few days.

Each piece in the Creole collection is reclaimed second hand clothing, embellished and hand dyed to create something different. I really love the rumpled, almost dirty, antiqued feeling of the hand-dyed pieces which combined with the frilly lace and soft colors creates an anti-pristine quality without being too masculine or strippery which is where designers tend to go these days. The Creole Collection’s aesthetic, certainly reflects the mood of the day while maintaining optimism, really quite refreshing. The price points of the shop remain irresistible for unique pieces, hovering around $20-$35 my favorite being the Summer Wedding Dress at $32.99. Now there’s another reason to be Southern obsessed.

1 SpiegelEule August 5, 2009 at 4:36 am

Wow,
wunderschön.
SpiegelEule´s last blog ..weird My ComLuv Profile

2 Ashe Mischief August 5, 2009 at 5:33 am

It’s because of collections like these & the images these bring about that remind me why I’m finally okay with calling myself a Southerner after all of these years. (Or as much Southerner than I can get)
Ashe Mischief´s last blog ..Announcements! My ComLuv Profile

3 Mallory @ MissMalaprop August 5, 2009 at 6:08 am

If you like that, also check out my friend Kerry of Bayou Salvage who has been doing a similiar-ish collection of upcycled clothing, accessories and skeleton key debris wristcuffs for even longer! Kerry’s collection has a bit more of a southern gothic meets steampunk vibe, and she recently started selling her line of all natural mosquito repellent… a necessity down here in New Orleans!
Mallory @ MissMalaprop´s last blog ..Not Your Grandmas Needlepoint My ComLuv Profile

4 WendyB August 5, 2009 at 7:21 am

Pretty stuff — and yay for True Blood!
WendyB´s last blog ..Confession: I Worked for “Birther” Lover Lou Dobbs My ComLuv Profile

5 Sal August 5, 2009 at 7:48 am

Love the gorgeous overdyed blouses!
Sal´s last blog ..Reader Request: Hats Off to You My ComLuv Profile

6 Fashiongrail August 5, 2009 at 8:00 am

Love that strapless dress!
Fashiongrail´s last blog ..Erika Hendrix: Clothes and Accessories for Unique and Stylish People My ComLuv Profile

7 Glama Ray August 5, 2009 at 8:04 am

Oh, I love this style. Very cool and slinky and I love the Southern and Creole reference (I’m a Cajun girl myself) and the prices can’t be beat. Very lovely my dear!

8 Jaime August 5, 2009 at 8:22 am

I love the redone denim, the slips are to die for… amazing find! Love it.
Jaime´s last blog ..Outfit of the Day: August 4, 2009 My ComLuv Profile

9 dapper kid August 5, 2009 at 9:21 am

Oh my, these are so stunning! For some reason they are really reminding me of Firefly. How wonderfully pretty :)
dapper kid´s last blog ..General Issue My ComLuv Profile

10 jennine August 5, 2009 at 10:30 am

❤ spiegle… glad you like it!
❤ ashe… you SHOULD be proud to call yourself a Southerner… it’s so exotic!
❤ mallory, thanks for the heads up on that shop, it’s very cool!
❤ wendy.. heh… i’m embarrassed, but i like the show..
❤ glama… ooh i’m so glad to be getting comments from real southerners! :)
❤ dapper…oooh that show will be on my list for next month!

11 Sheena August 5, 2009 at 10:43 am

The colors are so pretty. And awesome that you watch True Blood. I just got hooked this season and now I can’t wait until the next Sunday for a new episode. Who thought there would be something to look forward to on a Sunday night…

12 maria August 5, 2009 at 12:11 pm

I adore the tea stained shade of the clothes and the pin tucked details.
maria´s last blog ..Button Love: Want to Trade? My ComLuv Profile

13 PAPERFASHION August 5, 2009 at 12:57 pm

I am originally from the south.. so this is great to see :) i frequently forget how soft and pretty southern inspired fashion can be… and how different it is from city fashion.
PAPERFASHION´s last blog ..GIVEAWAY My ComLuv Profile

14 Alicia August 5, 2009 at 6:18 pm

This would be a great change of direction for my, stylistically speaking. I don’t usually do dresses like this, but they look anti-girly.

Must be the dye job. Very cool. =D