Zip Code

by jennine on August 19, 2009

Officially a week in America, and I’m still settling in. To be honest, I did feel the culture shock and disorientation making me feel like an alien for the first week… but it’s fading. We’re honing in on a place to live, and I am indeed enjoying the nice weather and American food (whatever that means, I’ve had Mediterranean, Thai, Pizza, California-style salads, Japanese and other random bits). I’m also getting used to dressing out of the suitcase. Here I’m wearing my trusty tie dye dress by Black Market Baby… and trickling in are a few Charlotte Russe pieces that I am going to do a grand post about soon, but I just couldn’t wait to wear them.   The linen motorcycle jacket I’m absolutely loving (and thinking of getting the knit motorcycle jacket), and the zip leggings are great, though I’m liking them unzipped better than zipped… call it my ‘unbuttoned (unzipped) look’.

navyblack2

1 Tami August 19, 2009 at 4:16 pm

The zip leggings remind me of my zip jacket/pants ensemble from Paris. I need to drag it out of my closet and wear it more often!
Tami´s last blog ..Guerlain Fall 2009 Russian Beauty Collection My ComLuv Profile

2 Imelda Matt August 19, 2009 at 5:07 pm

WOW!!! Your transition was seamless. You managed to blog, comment, tweet, facebook etc. Add multitasking to your skillz set :)
Imelda Matt´s last blog ..THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED…IT’LL BE TWEETED My ComLuv Profile

3 amanda Ford August 19, 2009 at 5:14 pm

woohoooo americaaaaa. wherebouts u gonna settle down? so funny you discovered charlotte russe, i forget about that store all the time

4 queengilda August 19, 2009 at 5:42 pm

ohhhhhh welcome to amerikaaa! how’s everything! i hope you’re somehow settling in fast! what a whirlwind!

ps: your linen jacket looks fab but it made me sad. some b*tch stole my silk/linen-mix motorcycle jacket that i made. i hope it gave her rabies. :(
queengilda´s last blog ..the house of field at latex ball 2009 My ComLuv Profile

5 jennine August 19, 2009 at 5:53 pm

❤ tami…that sounds so glamourous!
❤ imeldamatt… well, i’m so glad it appeared seamless! it certainly didn’t feel that way!
❤ amanda…oh chicago!
❤ queengilda, oh my i hope she gets rabies too….

6 Michelle August 19, 2009 at 8:31 pm

You look absolutely adorable Jennine! :D You adjust so fast, it took way longer than a week before I started feeling at home here…and I just moved halfway across the country, you moved halfway across the world! ;)
Michelle´s last blog ..Guest Post at the Demoiselles! My ComLuv Profile

7 meligrosa August 19, 2009 at 10:11 pm

oh that last picture is gorgeous. weeeee zippers and IL zippcoders. welcome back lovely! <3
meligrosa´s last blog ..Hump Day Inspiration: Sunflower sunrise My ComLuv Profile

8 Marta August 19, 2009 at 11:16 pm

Mmm, I love that jacket. I have a jacket fetish, I actually just bought one today! Even though for us in San Francisco it’s still summer!
Marta´s last blog ..Be a fan! My ComLuv Profile

9 WendyB August 20, 2009 at 1:08 am

You look fabulous. Glad you’re back “home.”
WendyB´s last blog ..Good Samaritan in a Subway Map Dress My ComLuv Profile

10 Prêt-à-Porter P August 20, 2009 at 2:52 am

cool jacket!

11 Sal August 20, 2009 at 6:58 am

Can’t wait to hear more about your Charlotte Russe experience - the jacket is fantastic, especially with the tie-dye.
Sal´s last blog ..Reader Request: Modern Vintage My ComLuv Profile

12 eyeliah August 20, 2009 at 12:20 pm

Yay - welcome back to the continent. :-)
eyeliah´s last blog ..Headline Girl Give It Away My ComLuv Profile

13 PAPERFASHION August 20, 2009 at 12:59 pm

love this look!- especially the bendy necklaces, you do so much with them!
PAPERFASHION´s last blog ..I D E A S My ComLuv Profile

14 Alicia August 20, 2009 at 4:51 pm

Great look, J! And make sure to eat some southern cooking on your culinary adventures. =D
Alicia´s last blog ..Checking In… My ComLuv Profile

15 TaylorSterling August 21, 2009 at 9:35 am

Welcome to America! I hope you hae an amazing time here! Keep up all your great blogs!!
xxTay
TaylorSterling´s last blog ..One Can Never Have Too Many.. My ComLuv Profile

16 Aja August 23, 2009 at 9:35 am

Welcome back!

17 ambika August 24, 2009 at 11:36 am

Welcome back! It took me weeks just to get used to the size of the freeways!
ambika´s last blog ..Furball My ComLuv Profile