Transitional and in between

by jennine on August 28, 2009

Post image for Transitional and in between

Lately I feel like my entire life and surrounding is in transition. Is life supposed to be this way? When you boil it down, I guess the time between birth and death just one massive transition. Probably. We’re moving into our new apartment today… it might be a big hassle, but we’re already in boxes and already in suitcases for the last three weeks so it’s not that big of a deal. I will be happy to have a place to call home. The seasons don’t really help with the transitional feeling… it’s grey and rainy out, but kind of warm, but kind of not. In California, we’d call this Fall, but I have a feeling this isn’t quite it in the mid-west.

The nice thing is, Fall/Autumn is my absolute favorite season. Maybe it’s my coloring, maybe it’s the residual euphoria of ‘back to school shopping’ but I always get really into the Fall wardrobe. I think this season, I’m going to commit to the blazer look, which I’ve done for a long time, but I usually only wear thrifted blazers (like the one shown here, I got for $1). Yesterday I ordered a Fillipa K blazer off of Gilt, which hopefully will arrive before NYFW, which will be my first ‘nice’ blazer ever. It’s like growing up. I’ve also been looking at what to do for booties, and there are so many cute ones around (I have my eyes on a special Jeffrey Campbell pair) but I do have a nice pair already.. worn here, and layered with legwarmers and leggings along with a sheer cardigan, a tank and a long sleeve shirt. The hat is from Yarn Over Movement and the bag I live in SwanDiamondRose.

greyday4a

1 jo August 28, 2009 at 10:57 am

Love the site:)

2 Meg August 28, 2009 at 11:11 am

I’m excited for fall, but I can’t quite give up summer yet. Probably because it’s beautiful here.
Meg´s last blog ..Little Burgundy Shop Opening My ComLuv Profile

3 maria August 28, 2009 at 11:43 am

I’m going through the same moving transition to the Midwest! I just moved from MA to MI and my life feels very chaotic. I still have so much unpacking to do.

I hope the move into your new apt goes well.
maria´s last blog ..And the Beat Goes On: Sondre Lerche My ComLuv Profile

4 dreamsequins August 28, 2009 at 12:11 pm

Oh that’s a beautiful, crisp Fall look! Getting excited about dressing in layers again. Tired of the heat!
dreamsequins´s last blog ..Rock Socks Winner and A Change of Address! My ComLuv Profile

5 styleezta August 28, 2009 at 12:31 pm

girl love how you rock those leg warmers! haha just saw them cheap @ payless.
styleezta´s last blog ..SweetShuGaHon MAC Giveaway My ComLuv Profile

6 LadyLUX August 28, 2009 at 1:05 pm

I love this outfit! You have such a fantastic sense of style, and I can’t *believe* that your blazer cost $1! Would you mind telling your adoring readers where you shop for thrift like that?

Love the booties and leg warmers!

Looking forward to meeting you at FWNY!
LadyLUX´s last blog ..Loving Your Body and Embracing Yourself My ComLuv Profile

7 Alicia August 28, 2009 at 1:31 pm

That is an awesome blazer for a buck.

I wish it were fall here. It’s fire season right now. No good.
Alicia´s last blog ..i like to greet the sun each morning and walk amongst the stars at night My ComLuv Profile

8 grechen August 28, 2009 at 2:46 pm

love your whole look jennine! and i always swoon over your swandiamondrose bag - i need to get one of those myself…

and i can’t wait to see your new blazer in an outfit :)

9 Clare August 28, 2009 at 3:34 pm

Gorgeous outfit, lady! Can’t wait to hear how you like your new apartment!!
Clare´s last blog ..High on the Sound My ComLuv Profile

10 WorkItBerk August 28, 2009 at 3:46 pm

All I can say is, OMG SHOES!
WorkItBerk´s last blog ..What WorkItBerk Eats for Dinner My ComLuv Profile

11 WendyB August 28, 2009 at 4:09 pm

You look adorable. I get the blahs when fall comes. I’m a spring/summer person!
WendyB´s last blog ..Francis for All Ages My ComLuv Profile

12 sar. August 29, 2009 at 12:32 am

love the look - i didn’t quite know yet what to go for this autumn - somehow i was still waiting for the summer (there’s a surprise in the uk) but i guess i give up and look forward to autumn and all the layering. blazers seem a great choice, i’ll have to try it, currently i only wear two mainly for work which is ridiculous i know. Thaks for your inspiration..
sar.´s last blog ..a fairy tale. in jewellery. My ComLuv Profile

13 David M. August 29, 2009 at 7:12 am

Great bag, and super-cute blazer!
David M.´s last blog ..Scarves! My ComLuv Profile

14 Market Publique August 29, 2009 at 8:16 am

For sure, blazers are the key piece this season! I bought a bunch of vintage ones which will be available for our Fashion Night Out event :) Including a fabulous lace one and a periwinkle silk perfect for the Fall transition!
As for booties, I am in the same boat: I have a pair of Marc Jacobs that I bought at a stoop sale a couple years ago for $30, but I am craving some with a peeptoe… any suggestions?

15 Arushi from FabBlab August 29, 2009 at 8:48 am

Those shoes are gorgeous. I love the coat!
XO

16 Amanda Nicole August 29, 2009 at 9:48 am

A gorgeous blazer! I totally know what you mean: a feel very grown-up in a blazer, and I think I’ll start wearing more this season. Good luck with the move :)
Amanda Nicole´s last blog ..post pastiche My ComLuv Profile

17 rachel c. August 29, 2009 at 10:30 am

life is definitely about accepting change and embracing your transitions. keeps things interesting. :)

fall is definitely my favorite season, too.
rachel c.´s last blog ..FALL 09 VINTAGE IN STORE NOW! My ComLuv Profile

18 Winnie August 29, 2009 at 6:43 pm

I love this. The blazer is such a lovely colour.
Winnie´s last blog ..Floating away My ComLuv Profile

19 Lucy August 29, 2009 at 9:04 pm

Lovely pictures. that street is so tiny…kind of looks like you’re standing on Abbey Road :b
Lucy´s last blog ..September Issue Excitement Continues My ComLuv Profile

20 Dottie August 29, 2009 at 9:47 pm

Definitely not fall yet. I hope you’re enjoying Chicago amid the transitions.
Dottie´s last blog ..Sometimes I Take The Sidewalk My ComLuv Profile

21 eli August 30, 2009 at 12:42 am

Gosh, I can only wish for a transition, its still hot as hell where I live.

I do love those boots though.

22 Acaislim August 30, 2009 at 8:29 am

That is an awesome blazer for a buck.

I wish it were fall here. It’s fire season right now.

23 Amika August 30, 2009 at 9:34 am

Oh i love this look makes me all excited for autumn wardrobes, uber comfy oversized knits… mmh.
I finally have a job at a tourist/clothes shop & they tell me my outfits are too casual so now i’m gonna treat them to upside down grey&pink madness :D Mind you i wonder if they even appreciate that, my colleague’s seem to dress ‘right’ with flipflops & tiny denim shorts..

24 Eyeliah August 30, 2009 at 10:50 am

You are transitioning beautifully!
Eyeliah´s last blog ..Geoff My ComLuv Profile

25 Andrea August 30, 2009 at 11:53 am

You look adorable.
Great.

26 alexandra keller August 30, 2009 at 5:30 pm

i love good jackets and boots. still have to wait a while. tucson’s too hot.
alexandra keller´s last blog ..indie fixx My ComLuv Profile

27 jennine August 30, 2009 at 6:10 pm

oh my goodness…thank you so much for all your lovely comments! it’s been such a crazy weekend!
❤ ladylux…oh i got it at the frankfurt flea market in germany! one of my old haunts!
❤ alicia…ooh fire season, scary!
❤ wendy…i can totally see you being a summer person!
❤ sar…ah yes, the uk summer… i love it!
❤ lucy… kind of like abbey road only with off key singing
❤ amika…oh dear that sounds crazy!

28 tara-lynn August 30, 2009 at 7:22 pm

i love that yarnovermovement is together with swandiamondrose!
tara-lynn´s last blog ..dear button collared dress shirt My ComLuv Profile

29 SwanDiamondRose August 31, 2009 at 3:36 pm

you look great! i get so happy and excited of course to see you with your tote. yey! i dunno but i think your being back on US soil is suiting your stylings very well. but i agree the weather is so odd. i think i just went on a late summer vacation and got burnt every day! xo!
SwanDiamondRose´s last blog ..wardrobe 08.25.2009 afro-dress & OTK 60s gogo boots… [2] My ComLuv Profile

30 Samantha August 31, 2009 at 6:14 pm

the midwest is the place to be now…no offense to cali or new york but philly, chicago yahh that’s where its at

31 violetville September 1, 2009 at 6:45 am

you look fantastic! good luck with moving (definitely my least favorite thing on earth!). it’s really not supposed to be this “fall” yet! this is october weather!!

32 SwanDiamondRose September 1, 2009 at 2:29 pm