Shoe D’Jour: Buckle Up

by jennine on September 3, 2009

Post image for Shoe D’Jour: Buckle Up

I just realized as my favorite brogues are falling apart(hey they were $4 at the flea market..and they have seen A LOT of sidewalks) I have no ‘practical’ shoes. I have so many heels, sandals, one pair of flats, a pair of knee high boots, but no walking around stylish shoes. How did that happen? Well… now that I live in the city again, and walking around is at most importance, especially as fall is practically here, the new thing to obsess on is a new pair of shoes. Walking around in heels again could be an option, but for long distances protecting feet takes priority, I so don’t want to get hammer toes.

Boots can come later, but for now, I really want a pair of buckle booties. The more buckles, the better. Actually, I may get a pair with only one buckle as there are a few down the street in my budget, but if only, if only I could get one of these shoes, my life would be complete. (sort of).  My first pick is the Jeffrey Campbell Biz shoe which runs about $160 (if you want to wait until October) or $179 to get it now. I like the gladiator/boot combination…. My second choice is the Jeffrey Campbell Sunburst Boot $198.. buckles AND studs? Holy moly. And then there are the more sturdy looking F-Troupe 4-Strap boot with stacked heel and pebbled leather for $225 (UPDATE: the lovely Grechen let us know there’s a 25% off code for buydefinition - so the shoes would be about $158: http://www.buydefinition.com/catalog/four-strap-boot-p-735.html code is LABOR25 - but when you use the code, everything is final sale)

I know, it’s unconventional to want such a shoe, I usually go for more pretty, more femme, but these just speak to me… what are the shoes speaking to you now? Are you surprised by it?

Ashe Mischief September 3, 2009 at 12:25 pm

I’m quite surprised how much I covet the JC Sunburst booties, too. In fact, a lot of the shoes I want surprise me… I can’t help wondering if it’s my own taste, being too influenced by fashion blogs, or what…

I’d still kill for a great pair of flat brogues. Topshop had some beautiful silver & white ones… they sold out though! :(
Ashe Mischief´s last blog ..Confessional: Why I don’t wear my shoes. My ComLuv Profile

Kayla September 3, 2009 at 12:25 pm

Those are all lovely, but I have to say the “Biz Shoe” is my favorite pair!
Kayla´s last blog ..Paying Less My ComLuv Profile

jennine September 3, 2009 at 12:38 pm

❤ ashe… oh yeah… i hear you.. it’s kind of crazy how blogs influence taste like that.
❤ kayla…that’s also my favorite.

dreamsequins September 3, 2009 at 12:51 pm

I do enjoy those sunburst stud brogues, but I think for durability and long wear, you would do well with the gladiator style strap boots… :)
dreamsequins´s last blog ..Jen Kao My ComLuv Profile

WendyB September 3, 2009 at 1:33 pm

I’m liking the studs!
WendyB´s last blog ..RM by Roland Mouret My ComLuv Profile

Sal September 3, 2009 at 1:39 pm

I’ve had my eye on the JC Photo for ages - a similar style, but with a wedge heel. And therefore FAR less practical than your picks!
Sal´s last blog ..This week I love … My ComLuv Profile

SwanDiamondRose September 3, 2009 at 1:49 pm

um… YES!

Dottie September 3, 2009 at 1:50 pm

I like the buckle ankle boot idea - it certainly is unique! The first are my favorite of the three you listed, and they look the most comfortable. I used to wear heels nearly every day when I lived in Nashville, but once I moved to Chicago, flats came to dominate. My favorite heels currently are the short stubby ones most common to vintage shoes, kinda like the heels in your second pair of boots. Good luck with your quest!
Dottie´s last blog ..Vintage Fun My ComLuv Profile

Make Do Style September 3, 2009 at 2:44 pm

I’m all for flats and am coveting some new loafers, the tube is a nightmare in heels and pounding the streets of London. I try to avoid at all costs unless it is a glam night out!

The buckle choices are fab, hard to choose between them.
Make Do Style´s last blog ..Eleven items - one look My ComLuv Profile

Lucy September 3, 2009 at 4:36 pm

Love the Sunburst boot but they’re copies of Chloe boots! I’d feel a little guilt if I bought them…partially because Jeffrey Campbell boots are a little too pricey for me!
Lucy´s last blog ..Caps For Sale (No Monkey Business Here) My ComLuv Profile

Alicia September 3, 2009 at 8:29 pm

I actually have the JCs in brown and I love them. LOVE!
Alicia´s last blog ..Littering My ComLuv Profile

kirsty September 4, 2009 at 2:38 am

i need them xoxox

Agent of Art September 4, 2009 at 3:21 am

Very nice shoes!

jennine September 4, 2009 at 6:20 am

❤ dream, oh yes, the brogues do get a lot of wear… :)
❤sal..wedges are always more practical than you think.
❤dottie… for sure! that’s the thing about walking, you can’t really do the distances in heels.
❤lucy..good eye, i didn’t even catch that…guess i should monitor the runway trends more.
❤alicia…omg if i get them, we’d have two pairs of identical shoes, we’d be like twins!
❤kirsty you and me both!

FaithJ September 4, 2009 at 6:59 am

I love all those booties. What I am coveting now are a pair of red patent leather flats. I am on a flats kick, ones that I can wear to work. I guess heels are out of my system for now! I miss Chicago!

grechen September 4, 2009 at 7:18 am

i’ve actually been looking at those f-troupe booties, i love the rounded toe and the buckles…and look what i got in my e-mail this morning….a 25% off code for buydefinition - so the shoes would be about $158: http://www.buydefinition.com/catalog/four-strap-boot-p-735.html

(code is LABOR25 - but when you use the code, everything is final sale, which scares me with shoes…)

i think those would be amazing on you - i love them, but i’m not sure i could pull them off

Amika September 4, 2009 at 7:32 am

Oh i love them but with my big(ger) feet they would look more like steamboat… The first thing that came up in my head was Winona Ryder when i’ve seen these boots.

PAPERFASHION September 4, 2009 at 9:45 am

i absolutely LOVE the jeffrey campbell ones!!
PAPERFASHION´s last blog ..M O V I N G My ComLuv Profile

Lizzie September 5, 2009 at 3:41 pm

Omg those Jeffrey Campbell Biz shoes are AMAZING

Great picks!
Lizzie´s last blog ..Confessions of a Shopaholic My ComLuv Profile

violetville September 5, 2009 at 6:39 pm

i like the f troupe ones! they’re more subtle, and the shape is very cute.

we have some unworn vintage 80’s booties in white with buckles that reminds me of the first JC pair!

Jamaise September 6, 2009 at 6:16 pm

The Biz are perfect - I’m thinking Madonna like Borderline-esque.

Work your powers of product review on those Biz sweeties - and while you’re at it grab me a pair ; )

I’m all Tom’s and Men’s moccasins - maybe it’s time to re-think that :) )
Jamaise´s last blog ..Pet Head Review & GIVEAWAY!! My ComLuv Profile

Claudette September 7, 2009 at 7:56 am

Im in love with all jeffrey campbells boots!!
I need a pair!