Fall Uniform : Filippa K Jacket & Hudson Jeggings

by jennine on September 4, 2009

Post image for Fall Uniform : Filippa K Jacket & Hudson Jeggings

Personally, I don’t know what’s going on with my style these days. I guess I’m finally coming to the point where I want to dress more classic, sharper, more womanly. It could be an age thing, after all,  35 is around the corner. All the sudden comfort, chic, and versatility became so, so important. Which is strange because I used to go for whatever caught my eye, anything unconventional.

Well, those unconventional leanings haven’t dissipated, but I’ve been lucky enough to stumble upon two essential items for this fall. One is a Filippa K blazer I bought last week on Gilt with my credits. On the model it looked kind of boxy, and boyfriendish, but on me, it looks very sharp and feminine. The fit is perfect, I couldn’t have asked for anything better, and for the first ‘real’ designer blazer I’ve ever owned, I love it! This week, I’ve worn it quite a few times.

The second thing… a rep from Hudson Jeans contacted me about reviewing some of their jeans, since this  Fall they’re coming out with a new trend ‘jeggings’ I didn’t quite know if I should laugh out loud, or go… ‘hmm that could be interesting,’ I love my leggings, and jeans are cool. Thoughts of jeans made of cotton jersey passed through my mind, but when I got them, they are sturdy like denim, but soft like cotton jersey. I ended up ordering a size up on the super skinny, so they don’t really fit ‘super skinny’ which is perfect, because they still maintain the effect of tightness with the extra comfort. I have worn these twice this week (yes, I’m a fan of wearing things multiple times a week) and they were comfortable, but didn’t stretch out. Honestly, I cannot think of one negative thing to say about these ‘jeggings’ as they really are the best of both worlds.

You can pretty much believe I’ll be wearing these two pieces a lot this Fall.

Have you mapped out your Autumnal basics yet?  What are they?

Nubiasnonsense September 4, 2009 at 9:31 am

wow jeggings.. hmm I must try those seems to good to be true.

A good blazer is extremely important for my fall wardrobe. One fitted and one a bit oversized and longer. You look very sharp I like it =)

grechen September 4, 2009 at 9:33 am

yay!! the blazer is great! and i think the jeggings are cool, i’d totally wear them, but i don’t think they’d look as cute…

PAPERFASHION September 4, 2009 at 9:42 am

love the look!! and the jeggings!
.-= PAPERFASHION´s last blog ..M O V I N G =-.

Alicia September 4, 2009 at 10:39 am

Hudson I trust to do “jeggings” appropriately. Very cool. =D

lisa September 4, 2009 at 11:31 am

Hehe jeggings! I must admit I’m intrigued. They’d be perfect for pairing with longer tops made of flowy or clingy fabric without all the weird lumps and bumps that regular skinny jeans can create by virtue of the fly and belt loops.
.-= lisa´s last blog ..Product Review: Kiss Me Mascara =-.

WendyB September 4, 2009 at 12:28 pm

I’m getting very intrigued by the jeggings thing. But I don’t like that word.

35! You’re young.
.-= WendyB´s last blog ..Heart Attack =-.

SwanDiamondRose September 4, 2009 at 12:40 pm

nice jacket! i have some Filippa K jeans. the cut on them is unreal. so long and smoothing. and i have hudsons too, but not their jeggings! i agree that’s a great idea, so many of my jeans are like leggings anyway. the name is a little odd, but definitely making people notice. 35 is a great age :)
.-= SwanDiamondRose´s last blog ..pearl, leather and chain dual armcuffs =-.

Carla September 4, 2009 at 6:42 pm

The jacket looks great on you!
.-= Carla´s last blog ..Giveaway: Eco-Friendly Alternative to Paper Towels – SKOY Cloths =-.

jennine September 4, 2009 at 6:51 pm

❤ nubia…so true, i had no idea until i got this blazer…
❤ grechen, oh i don’t know!
❤ paper.thanks!
❤ lisa…it’ really is the best of both worlds!
❤ wendy..yah, i don’t like that word either, maybe they should think of a whole new one!
❤ swan! oh yeah! i know! but to tell the truth, these aren’t worn the proper ‘jeggings’ way… they’re on the big side because i ordered a size up, but personally i like that a bit more, even though i have some super tight pants too!

Alex Dom September 4, 2009 at 9:50 pm

i love fall so much cuz I guess its the time to strut those amazing jackets!
.-= Alex Dom´s last blog ..sounds tasty! =-.

Denise @ Swelle September 5, 2009 at 1:21 am

I’ve been curious about the jeggings, I’ve always loved the idea of a legging with jean styling. We used to have those back in the day when the (irritating?) hybrid names didn’t exist yet!

You wear the outfit well, and I love Filippa K jackets. I’m curious how your Hudsons wear…I have a pair of their skinnies from a few years with that exact back pocket and the threads on it started to come loose immediately. I hope yours fare much better! ♥
.-= Denise @ Swelle´s last blog ..Fashion Victims: Imagery that Got ‘Killed’ =-.

rehane September 5, 2009 at 3:40 am

hello, I love your blog and I follow it since a long time. More classical or not, your style always inspires me! (but I must say I miss ‘the vintage pick of the day’)

K-Line September 5, 2009 at 2:06 pm

I love the roof of your new building!!
.-= K-Line´s last blog ..In Which K Gets A Bit Philosophical About Art =-.

jennine September 5, 2009 at 3:13 pm

❤alex…oh yes, fall and spring are the best for that!
❤denise.. haha yeah, i’m not sure how i feel about the hybrid names either, and I’m not sure how i feel about some of the jeggings pictures i’ve seen around either, but these work well for me… but we’ll see how they fare out in time!
❤rehane…oh i miss it too! it had to take a break for a few weeks as i had no internet connection…. oy…
❤kline, thanks…but no pool… maybe in the next life?

alexandra keller September 5, 2009 at 3:39 pm

age is just a number - i feel years younger. and as always, i commit to my basics - boots, denim, and tees - accessorized with jewelry. used to be hats and scarves and sweaters, too, but it’s still much too warm in AZ
.-= alexandra keller´s last blog ..elegant =-.

violetville September 5, 2009 at 6:31 pm

i’m totally into blazers for fall too! i can’t bring myself to get out any jackets or coats yet (even though it’s definitely cold enough!), so blazers are perfect. i’m determined to do more layering this autumn.

DAKOTA RICO September 6, 2009 at 2:21 am

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your photos. *Wishes you could be one of my models* ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Andrea September 6, 2009 at 5:40 pm

Love the new look of your site! I am a fan of denim leggings! Your denim legging/blazer outfit is a current favorite of mine as it’s so easy to throw on and super comfortable. My fave pair of ‘jeggings’ is from a local Seattle brand called Prarie Underground. Love em. Looking forward to trying other labels!

Imelda Matt September 6, 2009 at 5:48 pm

I’m lovin’ the makeover and the new urban feel to your photo’s.
.-= Imelda Matt´s last blog ..HEY LADY =-.

Crosby September 6, 2009 at 7:22 pm

gah - i spent all weekend looking for a blazer and the best fitting one i found was in the boy’s section at Target - but I didn’t buy it. then i went back and they were sold out. damn back to school uniforms!
.-= Crosby´s last blog ..Show Me The Pretty: Fashion PR with SPUN =-.

Foley September 7, 2009 at 1:07 am

I love love love your outfit! And totally understand what you mean by “dressing more classic, sharper, more womanly”, totally my mood too.
And i like a lot the new blog design (i didn’t have the time this week to visit your blog and just saw it today), it’s great!

Pratishtha September 7, 2009 at 2:35 am

Jennine, the “jeggings” are a great idea. I love it when fashion takes leap forward. As for your new style mind-set, I think I am going through something similar. My wardrobe seems to veer towards certain cuts and styles that I wasn’t keen on earlier. I still intrinsically lean towards the unusual, but some classics are making their presence felt.
.-= Pratishtha´s last blog ..Biker Chic - To Be Or Not To Be =-.

Alex September 14, 2009 at 4:05 pm

I’m absolutely in love with my jeggings! I bought the same ones Paris Hilton was seen sporting. They are made by Niki Biki and just like the
Niki Biki camisoles they wont bag out of loose their shape after being worn all day. To purchase your own visit RepeatPossessions.com. Shipping is quick and world wide!!

Sophie September 25, 2010 at 12:42 pm

I think it is a great look. I have way to many jeggins and jackets for this not to be a good look!
.-= Sophie´s last blog ..Running Jackets =-.

{ 5 trackbacks }