Cynthia Rowley

by jennine on September 12, 2009

A few years ago, I wrote about how much I admired Cynthia Rowley.. she’s one of my heroes. Someone who really enjoys life (she’s got a trampoline in her back yard for pete’s sake!) So going to see the runway show today was a real treat. I’ve always liked her ultra femme collections and this time was no exception. With floral patterns, silks, sequins, ruffles all twisted in a way that stepped away from cliche. My favorite parts were the details, I love, love, loved the sun glasses, the booties with a sling back I thought darling, the silk shorts with the pockets sticking out made a refined version of the cut off denim shorts.

Sheena September 12, 2009 at 12:30 am

Great pictures! I so love the sheer black blouse with their clever pockets, so cute.
.-= Sheena´s last blog ..The Ladakh Confluence: Music and mountains =-.

cher September 12, 2009 at 4:30 am

love it!!! Glasses are the madness! Thanks for posting. Its been a while since I’ve checked you out online…busy writing,writing, writing, but im back!

Make Do Style September 12, 2009 at 5:26 am

Lovely garments - the shorts are fabulous.
.-= Make Do Style´s last blog ..High Street Shop of the Week =-.

Sweety P September 12, 2009 at 6:27 am

I fell in love with Cynthia Rowley’s collection as well! I love the way she used watercolors and the bleeding ink!
.-= Sweety P´s last blog ..SPRING 2010: NEW YORK FASHION WEEK: DAY TWO =-.

Cafe Fashionista September 12, 2009 at 8:48 am

She just has such an amazing eye for style. She can take a typical garment - like shorts - and give them this feminine, flirty ambiance that you simply can’t resist; great post! :)

Sara September 12, 2009 at 12:59 pm

That skirt is fabulous!

hannahlizabeth September 12, 2009 at 6:53 pm

love it! must find out more.

xx
.-= hannahlizabeth´s last blog .."If Botticelli were alive today he’d be working for Vogue" =-.

Market Publique September 13, 2009 at 10:12 pm

I am loving all these pieces! MUST get my hands on a pair of those shorts and that floral skirt - FANTASTIC!

Sara September 13, 2009 at 11:59 pm

ooookay…I think my heart just skipped a beat! I love love love all these pics. Cynthia IS amazing and someone I have been following as well. The first pic with the short, a-ma-zing! Been a fan of the sweater and shorts/skirt look for sometime and these shorts are perfection (if only I liked my legs…). The shoes? Gorgeous too! And that final dress? The cherry on top!

{ 1 trackback }