Egyptian Jinx… Diane Von Furstenberg SS10

by jennine on September 13, 2009

Post image for Egyptian Jinx… Diane Von Furstenberg SS10

Egyptian Jinx… buy me a Diet Coke! Egypt, Egypt… get your plane tickets, and don’t forget your sunblock. Dianne Von Furstenberg took the Egyptian motif and gave it a more holiday twist….did designers get a mailed brief for this season’s theme? or is it like one of those things when you start coming to work and you’re unintentionally wearing the same colors as your coworkers. Or you accidentally get the same Christmas present for your mom that your sister did.

If I watched Indiana Jones movies more often, I might think there was some kind of conspiracy going on here… but I’m just going to stick my head in the sand, and look at the pretty rich desert colors,  hints of safari and Julius Caesar wreaths….

Oh! Annnd… I sighted a lady wearing the subway dress by Christian Francis Roth.

WendyB September 13, 2009 at 11:00 pm

I heart you for getting that shot of the Francis dress. You rock!
.-= WendyB´s last blog ..Tartan Two Ways and a Broken Clock =-.

jennine September 13, 2009 at 11:01 pm

of course! anything for you my dear! :)

Tami September 13, 2009 at 11:21 pm

love the hair and headdress! so goddess-like!
.-= Tami´s last blog ..IFB Links à la Mode September 10 =-.

littleblackbook September 14, 2009 at 12:55 am

ooh soo luxurious :) no kohl eyeliner though! Everything looks amazing! Like egypian/pagan goddess
.-= littleblackbook´s last blog ..Who’s the cutest of them all? =-.

Florrie September 14, 2009 at 5:42 am

They’re brilliant photos! I love the texture of the models’ hair.

Florrie x
.-= Florrie´s last blog .. :) =-.

enc September 14, 2009 at 7:05 am

This is the first time I’ve been stopped in my tracks by DVF’s work. I have always liked it, and sometimes even loved it, but somehow, these looks are really a departure. The black dress and the orange embellished tank are superb.

I love that you captured the CFR subway map dress!

Beautiful photos as always Jennine.

Oh: Good luck on your panel and soirée tonight!
.-= enc´s last blog ..Poll #43: Leggings: Love ‘Em or Leave ‘Em? =-.

Casey September 14, 2009 at 7:07 am

I really am digging those wreath-like hair pieces (headbands? circlet? what are they officially called?!). They’re a very cool take on that ancient style-and a great metamorphosis of the ongoing headband/fascinator trend.

Sal September 14, 2009 at 7:16 am

So much gorgeousness! Not super Egyptian itself, but I’m digging those stacked, colorful bangles.
.-= Sal´s last blog ..This week I love … =-.

Lucy September 14, 2009 at 10:30 am

Love the outfit in that first photo. and the subway dress! <3
.-= Lucy´s last blog ..Feathers…I’m in Feathers… =-.

Agent of Art September 15, 2009 at 2:51 pm

the subway dress was impressing ;) )

Jessica September 15, 2009 at 8:31 pm

These are great photos…a few of the looks are somewhat reminiscent of those at Vivienne Tam
.-= Jessica´s last blog ..Fendi RTW Fall ‘09 =-.

Nikita Swatkowski September 17, 2009 at 2:25 pm

At Teen Vogue U in 07 I asked Doo Ri if designers came together for a secret meeting - I imagined something like superheros in cartoons do - to discuss trends to incorporate and interpret in their designs. Apparently, its all chance. I however think she lied in effort to not blow up their spot hehe.

PS Thank you again for the Forum the other night, I learned a lot from the panel you put together and met some amazing girls!
.-= Nikita Swatkowski´s last blog ..Start Again =-.

cassie September 24, 2009 at 3:58 am

I love your pictures! what camera do you use?

{ 2 trackbacks }