Matthew Ames SS10

by jennine on September 15, 2009

matthew amos

This is my first show at Milk Studios… and because the Matthew Ames show was at 10am, it had a more relaxed vibe, and to tell the truth, it was probably among the top shows I’ve seen so far. Luckily, I was able to get my hands on a back stage pass… and ran into Mr. Sonny Vandevelde the expert of backstage fashion photography, he gave me a few tips as what was proper back there, you know like wait until the models are dressed. But it was cool to see everything up front an personal, and everyone is starting to look a little tired from the long week but with all the makeup and primping all the models looked gorgeous.

The Matthew Ames SS10 collection, really looks rich, the silks look almost unreal in their yumminess. The color palette is bold and minimal, and the silhouettes are incredible, volume with simplicity. It was also refreshing to see FLATS for once (my feet are in a state from wearing heels all week) and one of the models commented how it was a nice break from some of the other, less practical shoes.

Amy September 15, 2009 at 10:51 am

Love the lush, deconstructed tailoring and fabrics - and the colour choices aren’t half bad either!!

Amy xo
.-= Amy´s last blog ..Yves Saint Laurent Cage Shoe and the Uber-Gladiator: High-Street Imitations =-.

...love Maegan September 15, 2009 at 10:59 am

fabulous shots!!
.-= …love Maegan´s last blog ..Completely Gratuitous Outfit Post =-.

Jillian September 15, 2009 at 11:18 am

It was so lovely meeting all of you the other night! <3

Absolutely in love with these shots they're stunning! Thank you for sharing your experience! <3 wish I could have been at the dress up soiree hope it went well!! xo
.-= Jillian´s last blog ..NYFW S/S 2010 =-.

Jordana September 15, 2009 at 11:43 am

Love the shapes and textures…you had a great spot to shoot photos! The first two shots are awesome too. #inspired

Mer September 15, 2009 at 11:50 am

I love his work! great pics!
.-= Mer´s last blog ..zapatos rojos =-.

Michele September 15, 2009 at 11:59 am

Fab! Hey, I heard you recently moved to Chicago… true story?
.-= Michele´s last blog ..HIghlights thus far… =-.

Nick Schmidt September 15, 2009 at 1:13 pm

This is very interesting stuff. I came across your post through facebook.. soo cool

Yea Matt is doing some amazing stuff! I’m very proud to be his cousin! Sorry, just had to brag there a little bit..

Check out the video his new line that I found today too.
.-= Nick Schmidt´s last blog ..Last Day in Costa Rica =-.

Agent of Art September 15, 2009 at 2:49 pm

It looks for me more like beach collection.

Taylor Sterling September 15, 2009 at 4:05 pm

Amazing images! I love it!

dreamsequins September 15, 2009 at 8:44 pm

I think this was one of my favorite shows, too. Aside from Rad Hourani and Jeremy Laing :)
.-= dreamsequins´s last blog ..IFB Dress Up Party! =-.

Midtown Girl September 16, 2009 at 12:12 pm

I have a pic of YOU darling, walking into the BP tents, when Alix, Nubia & I were in front taking bloggerati pics! XOXO

Eunice September 16, 2009 at 9:41 pm

thank you for sharing all your amazing images. makes me feel like i’m somewhat closer to NY. haha. :D
SO JEALOUS!
.-= Eunice´s last blog ..new york fashion week picks + anxiety =-.

Annie Spandex September 16, 2009 at 10:51 pm

That white and black sheer is very interesting… I love it
.-= Annie Spandex´s last blog ..WIN A DKNY HANDBAG! Spread the word about the Handbag Amnesty =-.

beckyxoxo September 17, 2009 at 5:16 am

cool pics ! love !
.-= beckyxoxo´s last blog ..VMA Madness =-.

runway reviews September 17, 2009 at 5:53 am

powerful colors and shape of the fabrics are amazing
.-= runway reviews´s last blog ..Fashion week SS10 – NYC =-.

SwanDiamondRose September 18, 2009 at 4:26 pm

i love this. the floaty, diaphanous, spacey, see-thru, body-conscious everything. nice!
.-= SwanDiamondRose´s last blog ..SWANclothing LEATHER & STRIPED SATIN LOUCHE XL tote [5] =-.

{ 3 trackbacks }

• IFB Presents: Links á la Mode | dramatis personae
  • Links a la Mode: The Independent Fashion Bloggers Roundup! | Fashion Pulse Daily
  • Links à la Mode: The IFB Weekly Roundup | Independent Fashion Bloggers