The IFB Dress Up Soirée

by jennine on September 23, 2009

The first two Dress Up Soirées last season in New York and London were great, intimate, refreshing, a new turn in fashion…but nothing, and I do mean NOTHING could have prepared me for the turn out and spirit that came with this season’s Dress Up Soiree and Evolving Influence panel discussion (I tried to do an intro, but I cried in front of everyone). This time around having amazing sponsors like Microsoft and Moxsie.com allowed us to put forth a great event, and with the help of Jordana this would not be possible to accomplish, and the panelists….

Helen Zhu CEO of Chictopia.com ❤ Erika Miller SEO Manager of Elle.com ❤ Julia Kung of Moxsie.com ❤ Debbie Anderson of Microsoft ❤ Tricia Royal of Wardrobe Remix ❤ Wendy Brandes of Wendy Brandes Jewelery and Christian Francis Roth ❤ Jessica Schroeder of What I Wore ❤ Geri Hirsch of Because I’m Addicted ❤Crosby Noricks of PR Couture ❤ Carolyn Hsu of Daily Obsession ❤ Susie Lau of Style Bubble

It was so great to see everyone all together like this, and to meet some of my heroes and long time blog friends. The whole atmosphere was just, I don’t know synergetic? I just kept getting chills in a very good way. As people started to show up for the panel Evolving Influence, it really honed in the need for fashion bloggers to meet in person, that the volume of our community is growing, and with that we’re also creating a culture of professionalism.

A video by Kathrin from Two for Fashion

To view photos from the event… click here! We’re having a special contest for the bloggers who made it out, so if you could, vote on your favorite pic to spread the love!

And last but not least…what did Jordana and I wear? I wore a combination of Market Publique Vintage, Top Shop and Also… Jordana wore a Jessica Milton dress and Jeffrey Campell boots.

All photos by Dustin Fenstermacher.

Share and Enjoy:
  • TwitThis

{ 1 trackback }

A Love Letter to a Jetson’s Silver Skirt | THE COVETED
September 25, 2009 at 12:00 pm

1 Alicia September 23, 2009 at 6:34 pm

Ahh! I loved the video. Hopefully I’ll be able to meet up with all of you one of these years. =D
Alicia´s last blog ..These are my Confessions… My ComLuv Profile

2 Clare September 23, 2009 at 8:23 pm

Wish I could have been there…looks like an amazing time.

3 Wikifashion September 23, 2009 at 10:46 pm

That party looks fantastic, I love the outfits in the first post :)
Wikifashion´s last blog ..Alannah Hill/Spring Summer 2009-10/Show Me Your Willy Frock My ComLuv Profile

4 Annie Spandex September 23, 2009 at 11:04 pm

I really wish I could have been there.. And YOUR TIGHTS OMG YOUR TIGHTS
Annie Spandex´s last blog ..Summertime Rolls My ComLuv Profile

5 Sweety P September 24, 2009 at 2:00 am

I wished I could of gone to the event, but as always I had to attend classes for college. Ugh. Anyway, it looks like you had a wonderful time. Love your outfit and Jordana’s outfit!
Sweety P´s last blog ..The London Fashion Week Review My ComLuv Profile

6 Retro Chick September 24, 2009 at 3:07 am

Oh, it looks so amazing, I would have loved to have been there, but New York a bit of an expensive trek for me from the UK!
Retro Chick´s last blog ..Brand New Recycling from YSL “New Vintage” My ComLuv Profile

7 WendyB September 24, 2009 at 5:55 am

It was a great time and so cute that you cried :-)

Is the voting working now?
WendyB´s last blog ..I Picked Up a Much Younger Man… My ComLuv Profile

8 Sal September 24, 2009 at 6:56 am

Oh, how I wish I could’ve been there!
Sal´s last blog ..Already Prettypoll: When Do You Feel Your Bodily Best? My ComLuv Profile

9 jennine September 24, 2009 at 7:02 am

i really wish all of you could be there too! damn geography….
i really hate it sometimes!

10 violetville September 24, 2009 at 7:15 am

Amazing pics! I’ll have to be sure to make it out next time!!

***(LOVE the new banner btw!)***

11 jenloveskev September 24, 2009 at 8:37 am

oh my godness that first picture of you and Jordana is so amazing!! Like best picture ever!!
What a good night!!
jenloveskev´s last blog ..Teacher Style File 9.24.09 My ComLuv Profile

12 Sheena September 24, 2009 at 9:32 am

It looks like everyone had a wonderful time and there was a great turnout! Loved the photos and the video.
Sheena´s last blog ..Postcards from My Hometown My ComLuv Profile

13 dreamsequins September 24, 2009 at 9:57 am

I posted this on the IFB website. But you guys just look AMAAAAAAAAAAZING.
dreamsequins´s last blog ..Coco Avant Chanel + A Giveaway! My ComLuv Profile

14 Kwil September 24, 2009 at 11:54 am

Love those tights!
Kwil´s last blog ..Tobermory. And What Remains. My ComLuv Profile

15 Allure September 24, 2009 at 4:05 pm

You looked gorgeous! And I am soo glad everything turned out so well.
Allure´s last blog ..Sale My ComLuv Profile

16 jennine September 25, 2009 at 8:07 am

❤ thanks violletville! wehn you coming to visit anyway?
❤ jenlovesken…SOO nice to meet you! really!
❤ dreamsequins..you are so great…really…
❤ kwil thanks!
❤ allure…hopefully next time we can do something in europe…it would be nice if you could make it.