Geren Ford SS10 : Would definitely wear

by jennine on September 24, 2009

Post image for Geren Ford SS10 : Would definitely wear

I’m not the most experienced when it comes to fashion week… runway shows… or much else either…. But in the few fashion weeks I’ve been to, a question has come up in my mind…would I wear it? Is ‘wearable’ a good thing on the runways? There have been plenty of shows that have wowed me, and they make nice photos…but lack any connection to life. And there have been shows that have completely underwhelmed me, but I know that if I saw one of the pieces on a clothing rack, I would love to own it. This Geren Ford SS10 show falls into the latter category. One of the nice details were the jewelry which was designed by Ken & Dana, I really wanted to get a closer pic, but each of the models really stood out with their jewelry, bold rings and statement necklaces, all of which I truly covet. While it ran on longer than most runway shows, the Geren Ford collection was filled with loads of pieces that were beautiful and ownable, not really out of this world, but perhaps Earth is complicated enough.

Chessa! September 24, 2009 at 10:50 am

Jennine, this was the show where I finally got to meet you! I captured a lot of images from the media riser…you can see some here. The jewelry really does stand out. The pieces were indeed so wearable.
Chessa!´s last blog ..Face to Face. In a Dry and Waterless Place. My ComLuv Profile

Minn4 September 24, 2009 at 12:16 pm

Amazing photos! And stunning outfits :)
Minn4´s last blog ..I had this dream. Topshop dream. But I woke up too early. My ComLuv Profile

Rosie September 24, 2009 at 2:30 pm

Great shots! I like all of the outfits EXCEPT the pants in the main picture. They look horrendous - I’m hoping they looked better in real life…

hannahlizabeth September 24, 2009 at 2:48 pm

i agree - would totally every single piece - even those pants!

i don’t think they are for everyone haha, but i’ve seen some pretty rad drop-crotch leggings which are probably more suitable for someone who isn’t 6 foot tall and 90 pounds.

xx
hannahlizabeth´s last blog ..NZ Fashion Week - Kate Sylvester and the Diamond Dogs My ComLuv Profile

Rosie September 24, 2009 at 4:18 pm

Maybe I’m too old to think they are cool. :) ~ I just really think they look terrible on pretty much anyone! And how uncomfortable! BUT - perhaps they look better without her hands in the pockets. I like the concept of the outfit, though.

Anyway, good line.

enc September 25, 2009 at 7:54 am

I’m with you: there’s so much beauty and fantasy and construct and art and sculpture in all the designs that pass in front of us, whether it’s in a magazine, a video, a show, a shop window. But how much of it would we really wear? How could I integrate this boot, or that bag, or that blazer or that j-suit into my wardrobe? All the pieces I saw in your photographs look workable to me, but I’d have to put some tights on under that tiered skirt.

When I saw the dress you featured at the top of your post, I began visualizing myself in it at all sorts of soirées and events. That’s what I call “would definitely wear.”
enc´s last blog ..Poll #45: Blame it on the Sale My ComLuv Profile

jennine September 25, 2009 at 8:02 am

chessa! so nice meeting you too!
hannahh…yeah the pants, i would wear them too, i see them in a lot of my outfits!
enc hahha tights are essential, i love a good mini but always with tights!

dreamsequins September 25, 2009 at 9:35 am

We had a discussion about this. The jewelry was the best bit for me :) And that grey printed harem jumpsuit with the peaked leather shoulders.

Andrea September 25, 2009 at 3:57 pm

Great shots! That first white dress is amazing. I like the line that Geren Ford has done for Urban Outfitters as well.
Andrea´s last blog ..Comfort is Key For Your Weekend Wardrobe My ComLuv Profile

dana October 9, 2009 at 9:59 am

are you kidding the jewels sucked!

on the serious tip thanks for all the comments on the jewelry… we are going to have them up on our site in the coming weeks so come take a look. if you sign up on our mailing list (or RSS feed) you’ll get the DL on when we post that collaboration as well as the collab we did for the Doo.ri show.

Also NY peeps you can always make an appt to come by our showroom and check the pieces out in person (if you want pics or something).

-dana