A Love Letter to a Jetson’s Silver Skirt

by jennine on September 25, 2009

Post image for A Love Letter to a Jetson’s Silver Skirt

chicopia_jennineDear Silver Skirt,

I bought you without trying you on, and meaning to return you. It sounds crazy yes, but I had exaaclty 60minutes to get the final touches for my Dress Up Soiree outfit. I wasn’t going to go to Top Shop in New York City because I hate the Top Shop on Oxford Circus. I felt too old to shop there in 2001, and yeah, that was a long time ago. Then Top Shop in NYC is quieter, I felt…and I was able to find some things I loved. Still had a problem with the sizes… like how is it that in the US a 6 is too big, in Europe a 36 fits pretty well, and at Top Shop those sizes on the same tag, along with a UK 10 fits waaay too small? I’m not one to fixate on numbers, but it made for some embarrassing moments in the dressing room.

I wasn’t expecting you to fit either, nor was I expecting to fall in love. Silver, I can live without, but the GILLS on the hips…very Judy Jetson… which is where my heart skipped a beat. I couldn’t return you, not for the world. You’re like a little kitten purring around my feet.

Where would you wear you, my silver Judy Jetson skirt? Well, to the Chictiopa party (see me on the street). I would pair you with a heart shaped silver purse and definitely some cropped jackets. I’ll find more places to show you off, I promise.

Love always,

Jennine

silver2
silver1
silver4
PS.. .here I’m wearing you with my American Apparel Dress Turtle Neck Dress, Charlotte Russe Linen Biker Jacket, and Steve Madden Suede Pumps, and cuff from Market Publique.

1 @fashionluvr September 25, 2009 at 12:13 pm

stunning as usual Jennine. I peeped the pics earlier on flickr.
@fashionluvr´s last blog ..fashionluvr: Perfect. @thecoveted RT "A Love Letter to a Jetson’s Silver Skirt | THE COVETED http://bit.ly/8jxEy" My ComLuv Profile

2 Ashe Mischief September 25, 2009 at 12:19 pm

That skirt is ADORABLE. I love it. And hey-now we can request a Halloween costume of Judy Jetson!
Ashe Mischief´s last blog ..IFB Presents: Links a la Mode My ComLuv Profile

3 grechen September 25, 2009 at 12:23 pm

oh jennine…i love that on you! it’s the perfect skirt :)

4 Sweety P September 25, 2009 at 12:44 pm

Lovely skirt! You look stylish as always!
Sweety P´s last blog ..The London Fashion Week Review My ComLuv Profile

5 Leia September 25, 2009 at 1:34 pm

I love it sooo much!
Leia´s last blog ..Fit Flops? My ComLuv Profile

6 Ambar September 25, 2009 at 2:28 pm

It looks amazing!!! and fits perfect! Good outfit choice ;)
Ambar´s last blog ..What am I wearing? My ComLuv Profile

7 WendyB September 25, 2009 at 3:11 pm

It’s so nice when a couple falls in love!
WendyB´s last blog ..Smile and the World Smiles With You My ComLuv Profile

8 Andrea September 25, 2009 at 3:53 pm

So cute! Looks great on you. Love what you paired it with, especially the grey heels!
Andrea´s last blog ..Comfort is Key For Your Weekend Wardrobe My ComLuv Profile

9 Wikifashion September 25, 2009 at 3:57 pm

Gorgeous bag xo
Wikifashion´s last blog ..Wikifashion:Today’s featured article/September 26, 2009 My ComLuv Profile

10 Natalie September 25, 2009 at 4:13 pm

The skirt is PERFECT! You look beautiful in it. Definitely a keeper. :)

11 Alicia September 25, 2009 at 4:17 pm

Gorgeous skirt! I’m glad you kept it, girlie.

12 jennine September 25, 2009 at 5:17 pm

oh my goodness…thank you so much for the lovley comments!
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

13 Michelle September 25, 2009 at 7:25 pm

It looks SO good on you! And those shoes are adorable and just top off the outfit. You look great. :)
Michelle´s last blog ..Taking a few days off My ComLuv Profile

14 Clare September 25, 2009 at 7:26 pm

I love everything about this outfit, seriously. And I can’t BELIEVE how awesome that skirt is!! Gorgeous!
Clare´s last blog ..You Know Me Like You Know Ice My ComLuv Profile

15 enc September 26, 2009 at 5:58 am

It would have been a travesty to return that skirt, Jennine. It was made for you.
enc´s last blog ..Well, You Could’ve Fooled Me! My ComLuv Profile

16 Denise @ Swelle September 26, 2009 at 8:36 am

Aw, what a love story! Some things are so much more than clothes, aren’t they?

P.S. I think the skirt loves you, too. And those are fantastic shoes - they look like booties!
Denise @ Swelle´s last blog ..Noa Noa’s Splendid 1930s Autumn My ComLuv Profile

17 Natanya September 26, 2009 at 9:07 am

Oooh I love that skirt! The gills are fabulous and it fits perfectly. Perhaps I need to give Top Shop another chance. I had the same feeling of being to old when I went into the one in NYC and quickly walked out. But that skirt is perfect, even for a grown-up Judy Jetson!
Natanya´s last blog ..It’s All About the Underwear My ComLuv Profile

18 jennine September 26, 2009 at 9:08 am

❤michelle…thanks dear, it was a surprise!
❤claire…you know, i was really surprised on how many amazing pieces they had at topshop
❤enc…yeah, once you’re in, you never escape!
❤denise…hheheh it’s strange how we get so attachment to clothes
❤natanya…you know i had the same feeling, if it weren’t for two people telling me i should go, i wouldn’t have. my memories of topshop are not very good, feeling too old, 10 years ago… but surprised on how much i did like the stuff there. on the other hand, it’s still borderline on the quality, and not cheap. but i think still better than h&m, and i like how they support emerging designers.

19 Fashion Pix September 26, 2009 at 3:06 pm

I found your blog at Lookbook and fell in love with your shoes. I immediately went to the Steve Madden site but couldn’t find them.. and now I see you bought them at Market Publique, too bad!
Anyway, the skirt is so cute and your outfit is perfect!
Fashion Pix´s last blog ..Shop Fashion Pix My ComLuv Profile

20 missmilki September 27, 2009 at 3:53 am

I saw that skirt in the Topshop online and wasn’t sure about it but it looks fantastic on you. i reall really like it! And the outfit all goes so well together. you look lovely! :)

21 Vint junky September 27, 2009 at 4:13 am

I too seen the skirt online but wasn’t sure how it would look …i wish i had of bought it now as it looks absolutely gorgeous on you , love it with the zippered jacket,
Perfection !!
Vint junky´s last blog ..raven My ComLuv Profile

22 ...love Maegan September 27, 2009 at 10:42 am

oh it’s so fabulous!!! I love it! G0rgeous photos as usual ;)
…love Maegan´s last blog ..Vogue Girl Korea FeatureDIY or DIE My ComLuv Profile

23 LadyLUX September 27, 2009 at 9:41 pm

Wow! I fell in love as well, just looking at the photo. Blending femme and edgy is all the rage this season, but not every design can pull it off well. This particular skirt does so splendidly! The heart-shaped purse is the perfect for this outfit, and completely (dare I say it?) adorable! Pray tell where you got this amazing accessory! Don’t even get me started on the shoes. This outfit was created for you! I will have to copy it though, but with my own twist of course! :)
LadyLUX´s last blog ..Gisele Bündchen Named as a United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) Goodwill Ambassador My ComLuv Profile

24 violetville September 28, 2009 at 7:27 am

Yay! So cute!! I love the skirt with the purse. Very Jetson’s, indeed!

25 Shay September 28, 2009 at 12:35 pm

wow! That skirt is a lovely bit of wearable futurism.
Shay´s last blog ..The Volume My ComLuv Profile

26 jalyn September 28, 2009 at 12:39 pm

absolutely stunning! love love love this outfit!