Declaring Indigo Nails

by jennine on October 2, 2009

declaring indigo nails

I caved. After noticing nails are back… and seeing lovely painted nails, I caved. My bare nails just weren’t dong it for me anymore. For years and years, and years I kept my nails bare, mostly because keeping painted nails pretty can be a pain in the arse for someone who’s always using her hands. Plus the feeling of varnish makes my nails feel weird.

But I’m giving it a try. Last night I painted my fingernails with Lancome’s Le Vernis in Indigo over the summer, I was lucky enough to attend the launch of the line Declaring Indigo in Paris, which is where I got the polish as a sample. Well… I had been using it for my toes for some time, and the polish is quite thick and goes on smoothly, as well it stays put… my pedicures usually last about 4-5 weeks, usually needing to be redone because of nail growth rather than chipping or anything like that. But this is the first time I am wearing it on my hands…and it’s a strange feeling, all the sudden I feel like a black kitten with white socks and oddly aware of my newly colored appendages. It makes me feel like I’m putting on a show with any movement of my hands.

I’ll get used to it, I love putting on shows.
x

Share and Enjoy:
  • TwitThis

1 Sal October 2, 2009 at 7:09 am

I love the look of painted nails … but am FAR too much of a klutz to keep my own up! Love the indigo.
Sal´s last blog ..Shopping Ban Update: One Year Later My ComLuv Profile

2 Rachle October 2, 2009 at 7:13 am

I love this! I totally splurged and bought Chanel’s indigo polish when it first came out and now wish I waited to find out that Lancome had a shade as that would’ve been much more affordable! Thanks for posting!

3 Seb October 2, 2009 at 7:18 am

Painted nails are always a damn cool thing to have, mean so much to me as a man looking at a woman. just the colour and how they are painted can say a lot about a woman, I think.

4 Samantha October 2, 2009 at 7:21 am

I just painted mine with a new shade last night. It’s a brown color, but it has golden and amber colored flecks in it. They’re very subtle, but it gives it so much depth, and it matches my favorite knee high boots I’m wearing today :) I’ve always been daring with nail color though. And my kitty is black with white paws :P

5 maia October 2, 2009 at 7:29 am

I love it!!!! is gorgeous! I have to say I have a similar shade on, is called Midnight Cami by Essie. Lovely too!
maia´s last blog ..All black all fall My ComLuv Profile

6 brittany October 2, 2009 at 7:54 am

Gorgeous. I don’t like having my nails as short as it takes to pull of the super dark shades and I always feel like I look to witch-ish with dark longer nails, sigh.
brittany´s last blog ..VINTAGE MOUSE DRESS My ComLuv Profile

7 jennine October 2, 2009 at 7:54 am

❤ sal..haha me too… but we’ll see how they hold up!
❤ rachele..oooh chanel polish is also great, though i think the lancome has a richer consistency. anyway they’re only $5 difference in price…
❤ seb..oooh so what do you think about a woman with short blue nails?
❤ samantha…aah, i love it! autumn colors are so amazingly beautiful!
❤ maia…oh, i’ve not heard of essie! i’ll have t check it out!
❤ brittany…aahh the long nail short nail thing! i’ve never ever been able to grow my nails long…so for me there is no choice! ;)

8 K-Line October 2, 2009 at 8:11 am

Very nice! I’ve been totally on the nail polish band wagon lately. I tend to go through a phase every year, then I get sick of it, then I have to throw out the nail polish and start again when the mood strikes the next year. BUt this year, having gone high-end, I’m going to stay in the groove. I think.
K-Line´s last blog ..What I Wore My ComLuv Profile

9 grechen October 2, 2009 at 8:12 am

love it!! i really prefer darker nails (says me wearing my chanel vamp right this second) with some “fun” colors here and there (like the teal i just bought). the blue is really pretty…

10 anh October 2, 2009 at 8:52 am

i have the similar color in OPI and i love it!
anh´s last blog ..Batting my Lashes… My ComLuv Profile

11 Krissy October 2, 2009 at 9:55 am

Oo, I like the indigo! In a sea of black nails, it’s quite a refreshing change. Not quite as harsh. I usually wear a blue-ish purple in lieu of black. :) Or for fun, hot pink. ;D
Krissy´s last blog ..I Heart… NY Lottery ‘Bunnies’ Commercial My ComLuv Profile

12 missmilki October 2, 2009 at 11:03 am

I do like that colour! I really must start painting my nails again! :)
missmilki´s last blog ..New camera - the Lubitel 2 My ComLuv Profile

13 rebekah roy October 2, 2009 at 2:19 pm

Loved the nails!!

14 jennine October 3, 2009 at 6:47 pm

❤ kline..oooh i hear you on that… the high end is pretty good, but it still chips!
❤ grechen..oooh teal! me likey!
❤ anh..i love opi!
❤ krissy..oh, i like black nails,but it might be a little too severe for me…blue and purple are really nice
❤ mismilki..join us! join us!
❤ rebekkah, ;)