The Magic Markers of David Gomez

by jennine on October 6, 2009

You know, it’s been a while since I’ve posted about art… what happened? I don’t know..but I miss it. It’s also been a while since I broke out the markers…well that’s more my husband’s gig.. he can actually make cool sh*t with his marker set. Yes, I’m serious. While browsing through my art feed, I came across a post from darling My Love For You is a Stampede of Horses talking about one of her readers David Gómez…who can do one helluva portrait… while he does a combination of real people and celebrities, like Karl Lagerfeld, Rei Kawakubo, Chloë Sevigny…Lykke Li and Agyness Deyn… the celebrity is probably the point where I go..”HaHa look at Karl!” I just love the playfulness and simplicity of the drawings, like coloring book gone on an acid trip. Somehow, we need more of those.

Share and Enjoy:
  • TwitThis

1 Kwil October 6, 2009 at 12:58 pm

I like them!
Kwil´s last blog ..Fever Ray My ComLuv Profile

2 Krissy October 6, 2009 at 1:23 pm

Wow, those are fantastic! I love the colours and patterns - so playful!
Krissy´s last blog ..I Heart… Burberry Prorsum (Spring 2010 RTW) My ComLuv Profile

3 hannahlizabeth October 6, 2009 at 1:28 pm

these are so so cool! i’m definitely finding out more about this artist. man i would love to have the karl one hanging on my wall haha.

xx
hannahlizabeth´s last blog ..A Whiter Shade of Pale… My ComLuv Profile

4 enc October 6, 2009 at 2:21 pm

Surreal and zippy. I love the colors.
enc´s last blog ..Poll #46 Ever Been Duped? My ComLuv Profile

5 Natanya October 6, 2009 at 4:39 pm

Fantastic! I just love these, it’s color by numbers couture! What a lovely find.
Natanya´s last blog ..Goodbye Recessionista Glamorizers My ComLuv Profile

6 Make Do Style October 7, 2009 at 12:00 am

I laughed so much at Kaiser Karl - he would recoil at wearing so much colour!
Make Do Style´s last blog ..Capsule Wardrobe from Celine… My ComLuv Profile

7 Stéphanie October 7, 2009 at 4:19 am

That’s great !
Stéphanie´s last blog ..Vintage finds My ComLuv Profile

8 Chessa! October 7, 2009 at 6:35 am

LOVE LOVE LOVE this. They are so clever and fun. I would definitely frame and hang one of these in my home. I love how innovative they are. Fashion is art and color and life and fun and glamour. These are all of those things put together…althought I agree with Make Do Style…Karl Lagerfeld would DIE if you put that much color on his Chanel-clad body. haha

9 violetville October 7, 2009 at 7:38 am

Love LOVE! this!!

10 dapper kid October 7, 2009 at 8:17 am

I remember seeing some of these a while back, they are SO beautiful! I soooo wish I was that good with markers lol. I really do wonder how he decides upon which patterns to use for which people. Hope you’re having a wonderful week :)
dapper kid´s last blog .."Let’s kick, and push, and coast" My ComLuv Profile

11 PAPERFASHION October 7, 2009 at 8:41 am

absolutely LOVE this work :)

12 Sheena October 7, 2009 at 11:22 am

Love the Agyness Deyn drawing! The Karl one is awesome as well, and I think it makes him actually look pretty darn good! He still has his signature black shades. This artist really has some great work, overall.
Sheena´s last blog ..It’s The Most Wonderful Time of the Year My ComLuv Profile