Shoe D’Jour: Alexander McQueen SS10

by jennine on October 7, 2009

McQueen Shoe

Yes, this is a shoe. After a failed attempt to see the live stream, thanks to Lady Gaga posting on her twitter account the link and hereby crashing the server… I was promptly reminded by Imelda Matt of the show missed earlier that day.

First words…”HOLY SH*T”

I’ve never seen anything like this reptilian abstract shoe. It’s horrific, it’s beautiful, it puts me on edge. I don’t know how, or if, or when this will ever manifest itself in daily life, or even the most avant garde. But it’s a game changing shoe. Granted it looks like an illustrated old ladies shoe, but damn, it blows my mind.

You can watch the full video of the Alexander McQueen SS10 show here.

Share and Enjoy:
  • TwitThis

1 grechen October 7, 2009 at 9:47 am

i actually liked a lot of the shoes in that show. not that i think they’re “wearable” at all, but i loved the reptilian prints and huge platforms…

2 @fashionluvr October 7, 2009 at 9:52 am

Yes it is beyond crazy and amazing. Great way to end all of the fashion week(s) madness
@fashionluvr´s last blog ..fashionluvr: Hale Bob on @billiondllrbabes for 65% off and plenty selection http://bit.ly/4vDfb2 (link earlier wasnt working) My ComLuv Profile

3 THE SHOE GIRL October 7, 2009 at 10:03 am

Ahhhh McQueen… How do you do it? It’s so great that these are the kind of shoes that you can not NOT have an opinion on- whether you love them or hate them you have to admit they are unlike anything this world has ever seen! :D
THE SHOE GIRL´s last blog ..McQueen Goes Extra Terrestrial My ComLuv Profile

4 Sharon Laufer October 7, 2009 at 10:23 am

Very interesting show. I dont know about you but I wouldnt let snakes crawl over my naked body.
Sharon Laufer´s last blog ..Marc NY Outerwear Sale on Ideeli My ComLuv Profile

5 Bridget October 7, 2009 at 10:37 am

Wholly and truly insane. I wonder if the models had to attend some of training camp prior, as to be able to make it down the runway in one piece.
Bridget´s last blog ..Re: I Wish Anna Wintour was my Mom My ComLuv Profile

6 Salon Mystique October 7, 2009 at 10:38 am

Wow! Those shoes are crazy, creative and flashy but above all crazy! I like the print and material though.

op:

7 Ev`Yan || apricot tea. October 7, 2009 at 11:17 am

These shoes scare me. They literally send chills down my spine. I hate them.
Ev`Yan || apricot tea.´s last blog ..the things my mother taught me. My ComLuv Profile

8 Alicia October 7, 2009 at 11:20 am

That is the only show that has completely blown my mind. Just amazing.

9 Midge October 7, 2009 at 11:50 am

Incredible. I’d like to try my hand (er, foot) at those.
Midge´s last blog ..Yohji My ComLuv Profile

10 Ursula October 7, 2009 at 12:10 pm

McQueen’s show was sublime. I loved it — the clothes, the shoes, the lighting everything had me transfixed.

11 WendyB October 7, 2009 at 12:10 pm

Awesome! I was looking for a comfortable new jogging shoe and this is definitely it.
WendyB´s last blog ..Champagne Wishes, Caviar Dreams My ComLuv Profile

12 mariel October 7, 2009 at 12:34 pm

“Illustrated old ladies shoe” is such a great way to describe it!! I am so intrigued by these shoes…specifically how one’s foot is jammed into them. Between this and Nina Ricci’s AW09 craziness, there could be some crazy fashion obstacle course.
mariel´s last blog ..Constance Billard Alum My ComLuv Profile

13 april October 7, 2009 at 12:41 pm

Holy smokes, what a fantastic show! The spectacle alone was worth it. The shoes are definitely more dynamic while moving down the runway and remind me A LOT of the fetish shoes with the spike heels and ballet pointe shoe toes.

Thanks for posting. I definitely get a kick out of these monstrous shoes. (Am I the only one that thinks they weigh 15 pounds?!?)

14 Imelda Matt October 7, 2009 at 1:12 pm

WB - I’d pony up a fist full of despotic dollars to see you trotting around Central Park in those bay-bays.
Imelda Matt´s last blog ..MCQUEEN DELIVERS US TO THE PROMISED LAND! My ComLuv Profile

15 Emily October 7, 2009 at 1:27 pm

I loved the shoes; they combined with the hair and reptilian prints in the first bit of the show reminded me of fawns/centaurs. The shoes are ridiculously satisfying, everyone’s loving biker boots and alexander mcqueen brings these babies out!! Genius! <3
Emily´s last blog ..I HEART Alexander McQueen: Spring 10 My ComLuv Profile

16 Sherin October 7, 2009 at 1:36 pm

‘It’s horrific, it’s beautiful’: I have to agree with you there. Its just so interesting to look at an the more I look at it the more I can’t decide whether I love or hate it!
No denying the Alexander McQueen is a genius though!
Sherin´s last blog ..Chanel Spring 2010 Collection My ComLuv Profile

17 Sher October 7, 2009 at 1:37 pm

The combination of the shoes and hair in that show, no one saw the outfits LOL!
Sher´s last blog ..One Time at Band Camp My ComLuv Profile

18 carina100 October 7, 2009 at 2:02 pm

it was truly amazing, no one came close to putting on such an amazing show. it was very annoying with the live stream, especially for bloggers who wanted to get the info straight out there. nice idea, just hope showstudio are more prepared next time!
carina100´s last blog ..(mc)queen of paris! part deux My ComLuv Profile

19 Sheena October 7, 2009 at 2:20 pm

That shoe is beautiful. On a whole, that entire show just blew my mind. It was beautiful and poetic. I love Alexander McQueen ::sigh::
Sheena´s last blog ..It’s The Most Wonderful Time of the Year My ComLuv Profile

20 Annie Spandex October 7, 2009 at 2:33 pm

Those have been puzzling me. Where does the foot go? They look magical.
Annie Spandex´s last blog ..Indian Summer My ComLuv Profile

21 lei ann October 7, 2009 at 2:38 pm

wendyb…you’re funny! my same thought - i’d wear these…to the grocery store or to the seafood market. i’m in the mood for lobster all of a sudden…hmmmm :) in all honesty, i love them for how whimsically & fantastically outrageous they are. mind-blowing? YES. wearable? oh hellz no :)
lei ann´s last blog ..i’m kinda sick & my daily outfits are less than photo worthy… My ComLuv Profile

22 Eclettica October 7, 2009 at 2:42 pm

Good golly, Miss Molly, this reaffirms why I have a tabernacle to the mighty McQueen. I am inspired. It’d be fun to see how this translates into bijoux.
Eclettica´s last blog ..COURTNEY LOVE WEARS LA DAUPHINE DE VIENNOIS by ECLETTICA My ComLuv Profile

23 alexandra keller October 7, 2009 at 3:07 pm

i’m sorry - i just can’t stand it. it’s horrible and looks like a torture chamber!
alexandra keller´s last blog ..salvage jewelry My ComLuv Profile

24 jennine October 7, 2009 at 3:22 pm

holy moly! i’m shocked by this! wow… i step away from the blog for an afternoon, and look!
thank you all for your lovely comments, i know this shoe is divisive, odd and beautiful… crazy.

25 xtinagirl October 7, 2009 at 5:29 pm

Those look sooo crazy! But I do love all the colors though.

I just stumbled across your blog and I love it! :)

-xtina

26 Sweety P October 7, 2009 at 5:31 pm

I think they are unique. Would I wear them? No. But, they are works of arts in my opinion.
Sweety P´s last blog ..Paris Fashion Week Report My ComLuv Profile

27 Peldyn October 7, 2009 at 7:45 pm

I just can’t wrap my mind around them. Almost saurian, a bit clawlike. I don’t know if I like them or hate them yet. I do know that I really want to try them on!
Peldyn´s last blog ..Hat Crazy My ComLuv Profile

28 Freya October 8, 2009 at 8:10 am

Man, I saw this shoe earlier on Agent Lover and said that I rather undergo that lotus-feet thingie than this.
Freya´s last blog ..In Color My ComLuv Profile

29 enc October 8, 2009 at 4:27 pm

Mine too. I like a shoe that blows my mind, even if it can’t really be worn. I love preposterous design, design for art’s sake, and I think this is it.
enc´s last blog ..Poll #47 Needs Must My ComLuv Profile

30 enc October 8, 2009 at 4:28 pm

p.s.: Both Mr.OM and 13 said “whooooooooaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh” when they saw this shoe. They both “got” it. I’ve raised them right!
enc´s last blog ..Poll #47 Needs Must My ComLuv Profile