Post image for Support breast cancer research and get glowing skin with new, smaller, pink Clarisonic

by Sonja on October 9, 2009

Clarisonic has introduced a new smaller, less expensive model called the Mia. If you get one in pink, or any pink Clarisonic for that matter, the company will make a donation to support breast cancer research so you can look good and feel good.

Clarisonic Skin Care Benefits

I received a Mia to try a couple months ago. I’m really happy I got the chance to test it. I’ve been using it regularly and now see what all the fuss is about. It really does a bang-up job cleansing and exfoliating skin to give a beautiful, glowy look. My skin definitely feels softer and looks more radiant, because it exfoliates so well – but not so much that it aggravates my skin.

As with any exfoliation, dry patches go away and skin care products can penetrate and work better, because they’re not being blocked by a bunch of dead skin cells. Clarisonics use sonic vibrations that are supposed to help it clean skin better than if you were to just wash by hand. I found that it did work better at removing makeup. When using a cotton pad and toner after cleansing, there were no traces of makeup on the cotton. There were, when I just washed with a foaming cleanser.

It’s also supposed to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles as well reduce oily areas and blemishes. At the moment, those things are significant issues for me, so I can’t speak to how well it does with those things.

The New Mia

I haven’t used other Clarisonics, so I can’t give you a side-by-side comparison with the Mia. But I can give you a little rundown on the details and how it works for me.

• Holding Pink Clarisonic MiaSize. The Mia handle is lightweight and compact so it’s easy to travel with. But the brush head is the same size as other models so you’re still getting the same effect, for the most part (all the basic brush heads are interchangeable between models). The handle doesn’t feel too small and fits in my hand well.
  • Waterproof. It’s waterproof. I love that, because I can use it in the shower and give myself a mini-facial as the shower steam opens my pores. I also like to use it on my neck and décolleté. Following up with a face mask while in the shower works really well.
  • One-One-One. The Mia has one button, one speed, and runs for one minute at a time. The Classic has two speeds and the Plus has three. But one speed has been working fine for me so I don’t feel like I’m missing out. I do one minute on my face (it automatically turns off after a minute) and hit the button again to do another minute on my neck and décolleté.
  • Charger. The Mia doesn’t have the big charging base the other models do. I like this, because that also makes it easier to travel with and because I don’t have a lot of space in my bathroom. It has a cool little charger that’s about two inches wide and attaches magnetically. I keep it in my bedroom. A charge gives about 20 minutes of use, so I only have to charge it occasionally.
  • Price. The price of the new Mia is a lot more affordable than other Clarisonics. It goes for $149 – about $50 less than the Classic.

Side Note

One thing to keep in mind when using one of these … Use a light touch. Shortly after I started using the Clarisonic, I noticed I was breaking out more than usual. I figured I might be applying too much pressure. I was right. When I let Miss Mia do the work on her own, instead of applying pressure, my skin cleared up again.

Where to Buy

If you want one for yourself, the Clarisonic Mia Cleansing System is available from Sephora and at amazon.com and Clarisonic.com.

Do Tell

Do you have a Clarisonic? What do you think of it? Do you like the smaller, portable design of the Mia? Do tell.

P.S. Check out the Beauty Resources page for some amazing beauty deals from amazon.com, beauty.com, Sephora, and more.

Share and Enjoy:
  • Kirtsy
  • ThisNext
  • del.icio.us
  • Technorati
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Mixx
  • Digg
  • FriendFeed
  • Posterous

{ 1 trackback }

The Art of Accessories » Friday’s Fabulousness…
October 16, 2009 at 9:04 am

1 Sweety P October 9, 2009 at 9:32 am

Lovely post!
Sweety P´s last blog ..Paris Fashion Week Report My ComLuv Profile

2 Willa October 9, 2009 at 9:52 am

I bought the regular brush a month ago but only started using it regulary this week
I LOVE it.
Sure, you will breakout during the first weeks, but it’s normal, as your skin cleans itself but after you will have the most radiant skin ever <3
Willa´s last blog ..Créez vos t-shirts .2 My ComLuv Profile

3 Sonja October 9, 2009 at 9:56 am

❤ Thank you, Sweety P!
❤ Willa, which one did you get?
Sonja´s last blog ..Support breast cancer research and get glowing skin with new, smaller pink Clarisonic My ComLuv Profile

4 Tami - fête à fête October 9, 2009 at 4:20 pm

I just got one and I LOVE it! :)
Tami - fête à fête´s last blog ..IFB Links à la Mode October 8 My ComLuv Profile

5 Willa October 9, 2009 at 6:19 pm

I got the white one, it came with a face cleanser but I don’t like it
It’s supposed to smell cucumber, but it smells more like… rotten cucumber hahaha

What cleanser do you use with it?

6 Alicia October 10, 2009 at 12:39 am

I’ve always been too scared to take the plunge and settled in with a Neutrogena wave. I do want to try it though. I’ve heard nothing but good things.
Alicia´s last blog ..Mixed Up My ComLuv Profile

7 Sonja October 10, 2009 at 12:42 pm

❤ Tami, that’s awesome! Just used mine this morning and my skin is so super soft.
❤ Willa, rotten cucumber, hahahaha! I’m fine with it, but I tend to just use my usual cream cleansers from Body Deli (at the sink) and Liz Earle (in the shower). I think it works best with cream cleansers.
❤ Alicia, a lot of spas are using them now. If you plan to go for a facial, see if the spa uses them and ask if they’ll demo it on you (even if it’s not part of your service, they’re usually cool with just giving a demo). I haven’t tried the Neutrogena Wave so I’m not sure how it compares. Another option is to buy one at Sephora and try it. They have a generous return policy and you can take it right back if you don’t like it.

8 Willa October 10, 2009 at 1:03 pm

True, Sephora don’t argue a lot on returns!

9 Stella Mayfair October 11, 2009 at 10:12 am

I’ve been using the Classic for about a year now, and I LOVE it! It evened out some discolorations I had, and helped me to get rid of the monthly breakouts I suffered from. As a cleansing product, I use organic virgin coconut oil first, to reduce the friction on my skin. On top of that, I usually apply a gentle foaming cleanser. Then, I start with the Clarisonic.
It’s super important, though, to use the brush head for sensitive skin, because the regular will literally scrub off your face :-)

10 Sonja October 12, 2009 at 8:21 pm

❤ Willa, yes, I love that they don’t hassle you.
❤ Stella Mayfair, that’s great that it’s done so much for your skin. So cool! Very interesting technique with the cleansers. I’ll have to try that. I’m considering the delicate brush. I couldn’t even imagine using the regular brush. I guess that’s for guys and their thicker, rough skin. Not for delicate flowers like us. ;)

11 YHK October 15, 2009 at 2:45 am

I got the pink one last year and absolutely love it!!! I can’t live without this little brush that makes my skin so smooth and glowing ~~